Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: Fire Breaks Out in World Showcase at EPCOT

A large fire broke out in World Showcase at EPCOT tonight after a performance of “Harmonious.” See a video of the EPCOT fire below.

The fireworks cannons they shoot at the end of harmonious from the perimeter towards the center scared me so badly as we were standing right in front of it between Japan and America. The trees were so close too that I said to my husband those seem like a real hazard if one didn’t fire correctly and guest can stand so close to them. Not sure what sparked the fire but sad to see it happened.

Daylight reveals damage to the America Gardens Theatre at EPCOT following last night's fire

The likely cause of the fire was a stray firework, which is not uncommon at both EPCOT and Magic Kingdom.

9A0ED9F3-4EE7-49EF-8B14-D68B1B373E7C.jpeg

Crews Clean Up America Gardens Theatre in Aftermath of Fire at EPCOT

Hours after a fire at EPCOT, at the America Gardens Theatre, crews could be seen cleaning up the damage at EPCOT.

Crews work after a fire at EPCOT damaged the America Gardens Theater.

BREAKING: Perennial Special Offers & Discounts on Walt Disney World & Disney Cruise Line Vacations Being Introduced for Disney+ Subscribers

In celebration of Disney+ Day, Disney+ subscribers will be able to receive special offers on Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line vacations beginning tomorrow, September 8th.

Specific details will be announced tomorrow, but the offers are expected to be a permanent option.
And I'm sure Disney won't increase rack rates to compensate. /s

BREAKING: Perennial Special Offers & Discounts on Walt Disney World & Disney Cruise Line Vacations Being Introduced for Disney+ Subscribers

In celebration of Disney+ Day, Disney+ subscribers will be able to receive special offers on Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line vacations beginning tomorrow, September 8th.

Specific details will be announced tomorrow, but the offers are expected to be a permanent option.
Quoting myself:

Special Offer for Disney+ Subscribers with Disney Cruise Line

Beginning September 8, 2022, Disney+ subscribers can a book special offer for Disney Cruise Line.
As a special offer for Disney+ subscribers, third and fourth guests sail free with two full-fare guests in the same stateroom on select Disney Cruise Line voyages.

This offer available for select staterooms and sailings on the Disney Magic, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy departing January - April 2023 and does not include taxes, fees and port expenses for each guest, which are due at time of final payment. The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited.
The following sailings are not eligible for this offer:
  • Disney Magic: Jan. 2 & March 13, 2023
  • Disney Dream: Jan. 2 & April 10, 2023
  • Disney Fantasy: March 11 & 25, 2023

Quoting myself:

Special Offer for Disney+ Subscribers with Disney Cruise Line

Beginning September 8, 2022, Disney+ subscribers can a book special offer for Disney Cruise Line.
As a special offer for Disney+ subscribers, third and fourth guests sail free with two full-fare guests in the same stateroom on select Disney Cruise Line voyages.

This offer available for select staterooms and sailings on the Disney Magic, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy departing January - April 2023 and does not include taxes, fees and port expenses for each guest, which are due at time of final payment. The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited.
The following sailings are not eligible for this offer:
  • Disney Magic: Jan. 2 & March 13, 2023
  • Disney Dream: Jan. 2 & April 10, 2023
  • Disney Fantasy: March 11 & 25, 2023
Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this: I have a different email address in my Disney+ account than my MDE account. I would assume that in order to be eligible for the Disney+ discount, I'd have to open a new MDE account with that email address but my AP is associated with my MDE email...anyhow know how to consolidate everything? Might be a non-issue if the Disney+ discounts end up the same as the current AP discounts.

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this: I have a different email address in my Disney+ account than my MDE account. I would assume that in order to be eligible for the Disney+ discount, I'd have to open a new MDE account with that email address but my AP is associated with my MDE email...anyhow know how to consolidate everything? Might be a non-issue if the Disney+ discounts end up the same as the current AP discounts.
I don't know, but I've been wondering this as well.

Everything is under my email except d+ which is DH email (and not even the one associated with MDE lol)

When the last Disney+ offer was released, I had a friend book it. Her MDE was under a different email address. She just called Disney to book, and had to give that email over the phone. She then linked the reservation to her MDE account.

Check your email, I just got one from Disney+ with 'We Got You A Little Something' in the title, they're sending out Disney+ boxes while supplies last, supposedly worth $150 as a thank you for being a subscriber to Disney+

Definitely targeted, I know people who didn't get an email, but I figure I'd give people a heads up here in case you get one!

Disney+ News:

First Month of Disney+ for New and Returning Subscribers Only $1.99 Through September 19

Just in time for Disney+ Day, new and returning subscribers can get their first month of Disney+ for only $1.99, according to TechRadar‘s Alice Marshall.
The offer will begin tonight at midnight ET/9 PM PT, and run through September 19th. It’s only valid for the first month of a new or returning subscription, after which time, the rate will go to its current price of $7.99/month for an ad-free experience. Beginning December 8th, an ad-supported version of the streaming service is set to debut at $7.99/month, while the ad-free version’s price will raise to $10.99/month or $109.00 annually.

Check your email, I just got one from Disney+ with 'We Got You A Little Something' in the title, they're sending out Disney+ boxes while supplies last, supposedly worth $150 as a thank you for being a subscriber to Disney+

Definitely targeted, I know people who didn't get an email, but I figure I'd give people a heads up here in case you get one!
Did you renew recently? Just wondering why you were targeted. I saw that folks got gift boxes last year during "renewal season". I've been a part of the promotional D23 (3-year) subscription plan, so I've yet to get an email or special gift box distribution. My renewal is coming up on 11/12 and it's set to automatically renew. I'd certainly like to receive something this year for my loyalty....

Did you renew recently? Just wondering why you were targeted. I saw that folks got gift boxes last year during "renewal season". I've been a part of the promotional D23 (3-year) subscription plan, so I've yet to get an email or special gift box distribution. My renewal is coming up on 11/12 and it's set to automatically renew. I'd certainly like to receive something this year for my loyalty....

No, like you my subscription isn't up until November, I prepaid for 3 years upfront before they went live.

Have you heard anything as to if they're going to offer another multiyear deal for those of us who have been with them since the start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter