Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changes to Park Pass Reservation Process at Walt Disney World Coming Soon

Walt Disney World has just announced some exciting enhancements to the Park Pass reservation system to make the entire reservation process more streamlined and user-friendly for all Guests.

Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, the following changes will be made to the Walt Disney World Park Pass reservation system:

• Guests may now book Park reservations for all ticket and pass types in a single transaction. This means that those with daily tickets and Annual Passes in one party will be able to book all of their park reservations at the same time.
  • Guests now have the ability to book Park reservations for up to 30 people’s tickets in one transaction. Currently, the limit is 12 people.
  • Guest will now be able to change the date and theme park of their park reservation without cancelling their current reservation.

The reason for this change is that Walt Disney World will no be booking all of their park reservations for daily ticket holders, resort Guests with tickets, and Annual Passholders on the same interface. This same, streamlined system is already used at both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.
When a Guest goes to create their Park Pass Reservavtions, they will be able to do so in four steps:
  1. Select Party – Now including both daily ticket Guests and Annual Passholders.
  2. Select Date
  3. Select Park
  4. Review and Confirm
Those who have Annual Passholders who also have a daily park ticket are encouraged to double check that the correct type of ticket is being used when making their reservations.
Modifying is great news! And also combining all the pools. Now if they’d just drop the bleeping hopping time, or at least make it noon, I’d be fully satisfied with that portion of my Disney vacationing.

Are you referring to the billion dollar investor, Daniel Loeb, the journalist for the New York Post, Charles Gasparino, or to me for posting the link?
Like I said, just referring to the mental image that comes into my head whenever I hear the term. Not directed at anyone specific.

I am sure that people who like and do use the term also have a mental image of a 'woke' person, so all is fair

Your personal, private mental image is one thing, but posting it in a public forum as a reply to my very neutral post regarding a Disney investor is very unkind. I disagree that it was a “fair” response. It is ripe with ageism, which is just as bad as racism or homophobia. So, not “fair” in my view. I will leave the discussion there.
You published an article that had 'Woke" in the title, and the article talked extensively about the concept. You did not use the word yourself, therefore I did not feel like I was attacking you. But If you feel attacked unfairly then I am sincerely sorry.
Ageism LOL. I am no 'spring chicken' myself, this hen is past her laying days for sure... I qualify for AARP. And no, ageism is not as bad as racism and homophobia. There are pretty clear physical and mental changes that happen when you age. part of the consequence of the luxury of walking the earth for a long period. Things wear out no matter how many vitamins you take. But old age is not a requirement for being a 'cranky fuddy duddy" and I will edit my post to take out the old.... it is true there are plenty of old people who are 'socially aware', and then there are plenty younger people who are 'socially unaware'.

Changes to Park Pass Reservation Process at Walt Disney World Coming Soon

Walt Disney World has just announced some exciting enhancements to the Park Pass reservation system to make the entire reservation process more streamlined and user-friendly for all Guests.

Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, the following changes will be made to the Walt Disney World Park Pass reservation system:

• Guests may now book Park reservations for all ticket and pass types in a single transaction. This means that those with daily tickets and Annual Passes in one party will be able to book all of their park reservations at the same time.
  • Guests now have the ability to book Park reservations for up to 30 people’s tickets in one transaction. Currently, the limit is 12 people.
  • Guest will now be able to change the date and theme park of their park reservation without cancelling their current reservation.

The reason for this change is that Walt Disney World will no be booking all of their park reservations for daily ticket holders, resort Guests with tickets, and Annual Passholders on the same interface. This same, streamlined system is already used at both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.
When a Guest goes to create their Park Pass Reservavtions, they will be able to do so in four steps:
  1. Select Party – Now including both daily ticket Guests and Annual Passholders.
  2. Select Date
  3. Select Park
  4. Review and Confirm
Those who have Annual Passholders who also have a daily park ticket are encouraged to double check that the correct type of ticket is being used when making their reservations.
In the long term, this is fantastic. I literally spent last night re-reserving everything and getting frustrated over how long it took me to go in for each day individually.

In the short term, however, it has converted each of my 14 reservations for the next trip to individual reservations for the four people in my party, giving me 56 reservations to cancel, which takes 5 clicks, a fair amount of scrolling, and 4 screens per cancellation. So this is now my morning.

Disney Park Pass reservation system updated with new features and improvements at Walt Disney World

Here is a run-down of the main changes to Walt Disney World's Park Pass system at Walt Disney World that are effective August 23 2022.

1. Guests with an existing Disney Park Pass reservation can now modify the date and Park without canceling and making a new reservation.

2. Guests can now book Park Pass reservations for up to 30 guests, previously limited to 12.

3. Park Pass reservations are now associated with a ticket, not a guest. This change means a guest can have a Park Pass reservation for different tickets they may hold, such as a single-day ticket and an annual pass. Previously, this required multiple profiles within a single My Disney Experience account, leading to a complicated error-prone setup.

4. All guests, regardless of ticket type, now use the same Park Pass reservation system. Previously, multiple systems were being used, producing an inconsistent experience.

5. Finally, guests can choose any email address to send the Park Pass confirmation details to, and it is not limited to the email address associated with the My Disney Experience account.

4. All guests, regardless of ticket type, now use the same Park Pass reservation system. Previously, multiple systems were being used, producing an inconsistent experience.
This change might mean that Annual Passes could resume. The lawsuit potential of the reservation issue is gone.

Previously, if all the Annual Pass reservations were booked, but regular tickets had openings, Annual Passholders could not go to the parks. Now, they have the same priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter