Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

The Friendship Boat with the new color scheme, #8, is in service today in the Epcot lagoon.

Also, only managers have gotten to preview the Journey of Water walk through so far. No word on when regular cast members will, so I’m guessing won’t open until end of August, or sometime in September.

Disney Cruise Line to Offer New Pre-Booking Options for Spa Treatments

If relaxing at the spa is something you enjoy during your Disney cruise, we’ve got some important news to share. With Disney Cruise Line sailings beginning October 2, 2023, and beyond, guests will book an appointment time slot, rather than a specific treatment, for many of the Senses Spa and Salon offerings. Guests can pre-reserve an appointment time based on a time block for a general treatment type, with the specific treatment selected at the time of service.

While many treatment options are moving to appointment-based bookings, some treatments will continue to be booked individually. Offerings may vary by ship.

Understood but with streaming services having zero issues removing content with very little to no notice....

Yeah, I totally understand backing off of physical media, but if they do that they have to have alternatives and keep these things on streaming so people can access them. there's still a ton of older Disney content that has not made it to D+ for some reason. All I ask is that they get the library in order and keep it there.

Understood but with streaming services having zero issues removing content with very little to no notice....
Agreed!! I'd been considering donating all my old DVDs, since so much of it was findable on different services. That seems to be changing lately. There's massive amounts of B- crap and not enough decent content anymore. Maybe keeping my physical media is now a must.

Yeah, I totally understand backing off of physical media, but if they do that they have to have alternatives and keep these things on streaming so people can access them. there's still a ton of older Disney content that has not made it to D+ for some reason. All I ask is that they get the library in order and keep it there.
People are going to resort to sailing the seven seas if streaming services continue to remove content that is not available physically. That's already happening but I can see it becoming more common.

Disney Ending Supply of Physical Media Starting with DVD & Blu-Ray in Australia

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will be the last film released on physical media in the region.
This is not a surprise as they have already stopped selling physical in some Latin America countries and someone has said that in Brazil, they can't even buy digitally. I would imagine that Australia does not represent a large amount of their physical sales, so why bother when it is all on Disney Plus anyways.

I don't see the U.S ending physical sales anytime soon but we will probably see more international countries seeing a discontinuation. This is also no different than video games going more to digital sales.

From a personal experience, I have purchased 3 discs in the last 6 or 7 years and they were all anime movies. Which, at that time, anime movies were harder to find on streaming and it was just easier for me to purchase them physically. Even the anime movies I purchased came with a digital code and I used that and never entered the disc into my player.

I have given away about half of my dvds and blu rays as I can't remember the last time I even put one in player. I am at the point where I should look to get rid of the rest but I am to lazy to either sell or donate them.

I digitized all my physical media, but I keep the discs stored away in a couple of storage totes if I need them. I do not like being at the mercy of a streaming service, and I don't like the idea of changing or modifying films later on. My first taste of that was when they did the special edition of ET with the walkie talkies. Based on the dropping sales I guess not many people feel like I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter