Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Well, I sure hope they took the size of Loungefly bags into consideration when they designed the size of these lockers, considering how ubiquitous the bags are at Disney. Ones like the free narrow entry flat lockers at Universal would not be fun.

My Disney loungefly fit in the free flat/narrow lockers at Universal fine. You just can’t over pack them. They need to flatten down just a little bit.:thumbsup2

My Disney loungefly fit in the free flat/narrow lockers at Universal fine. You just can’t over pack them. They need to flatten down just a little bit.:thumbsup2
Not all Loungeflys are alike though. The imagery on some crack and peel easily if they are smushed and the ones with metallic coverings are especially vulnerable to abuse of any kind. So I'm hoping the lockers aren't as narrow. Disney has sold hundreds of thousands of those backpacks and should be taking them into consideration in the locker design.

Shanghai does (or at least did) the same thing. Unfortunately, it was a pain to find an open locker, but I was also seriously jet-lagged which may have had something to do with it.
Were the lockers in a big room?

I hope WDW has an efficient plan to access them. Locker areas can be such a mess. My Loungefly is always over stuffed with things.

Hope the Tron locker issue includes the exception for belted bags like small fanny packs (I believe Universal has this exception for all but one ride - and then they have a special area for medical bags, which is our concern). Curious!

Hope the Tron locker issue includes the exception for belted bags like small fanny packs (I believe Universal has this exception for all but one ride - and then they have a special area for medical bags, which is our concern). Curious!
Not sure how well a fanny pack will work on Tron due to the seat design

Not sure how well a fanny pack will work on Tron due to the seat design
I was just watching a video of the seat design - it looks a lot like Hagrids? We were able to adjust the bag to a cross body design for that one - I guess the Universal rule had something to do with a three prong closure. We were able to keep the bag with us for all but one ride, and that one had medical lockers right at boarding/completion. I guess we'll find out..hopefully soon?

I hope that the Tron locker setup is similar to Universal’s Velociraptor: large lockers within the actual line itself. You then access the lockers from the other side when you exit.

It just flowed much easier than any of the other locker systems at Universal, in my opinion. Also much more convenient to not have to go to a separate area (and sometimes wait in a separate line) both before and after you rode (e.g. Hulk).

Well, I sure hope they took the size of Loungefly bags into consideration when they designed the size of these lockers, considering how ubiquitous the bags are at Disney. Ones like the free narrow entry flat lockers at Universal would not be fun.
There are lockers in California for one of the water rides. They fit loungefly bags in my memory.

Happy Monday!! Ok with the locker Tron news yesterday do we think this week will be the week we get dates for Tron open and previews?!?!

Good Morning. I guess.

61bcd248d94af6e03d0dc8219ece2120.jpg

Restrooms Sign Installed as TRON Lightcycle Run Continues to Prepare for Opening at Magic Kingdom

C733CCCA-2310-4468-AC1D-C40A3375F096.jpeg

A new sign has been installed at the TRON Lightcycle Run construction site, denoting the auxiliary building as the restrooms. First, here’s a look at the building in question, which is detached from the main TRON Lightcycle Run show/gravity building. The large building in the background is the roller coaster building, and the building in the foreground is the building we’re concerned with in this article.

tron-restroom-building-1-1867x1400.jpg

Disney, Fox, and Comcast On Short List of Potential Buyers of WWE
Vince McMahon rejoined the WWE board Friday and he has been brought back to oversee the sale of WWE to potential buyers. Disney is on a short list to purchase the company that features hundreds of live events each year, along with PPV Events, and the headliner of the year Wrestlemania.

According to CNBC JP Morgan has been hired to advise the sale, some of the names being reported on the Shortlist are Amazon, Netflix, Disney, Comcast/NBCUniversal, Fox, and the Saudi Arabian Public Interest Fund.

Jon Favreau Working on a New Mandalorian Spinoff Series
Jon Favreau working on a Mandalorian Spinoff Series. The “Mandoverse” looks to be expanding again. With mixed reactions to the Boba Fett series, which was saved by having The Mandalorian 2.5 episodes shown in the middle, it is surprising that we may now see another spinoff.

According to entertainment insider Daniel Richtman via Patreon, The Mandalorian producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni are in the early stages of developing yet another series based on the Mandalorian. “Ghost Track 17” is the early working title.

It now looks like this new spinoff will join, Boba Fett, the Ashoka series, and Skeleton Crew where all of them should eventually cross paths.

Disney, Fox, and Comcast On Short List of Potential Buyers of WWE
Vince McMahon rejoined the WWE board Friday and he has been brought back to oversee the sale of WWE to potential buyers. Disney is on a short list to purchase the company that features hundreds of live events each year, along with PPV Events, and the headliner of the year Wrestlemania.

According to CNBC JP Morgan has been hired to advise the sale, some of the names being reported on the Shortlist are Amazon, Netflix, Disney, Comcast/NBCUniversal, Fox, and the Saudi Arabian Public Interest Fund.

Isn't WWE on Peacock? I feel like Comcast is going to be the frontrunner to continue that relationship. I don't see Disney going for it personally, but you never know. WWE is still pretty popular, and there is a potential for themepark implementation (that big empty thing at Disney Springs comes to mind). Of course, Comcast is in th at business too.... it'll be interesting to see.

Isn't WWE on Peacock? I feel like Comcast is going to be the frontrunner to continue that relationship. I don't see Disney going for it personally, but you never know. WWE is still pretty popular, and there is a potential for themepark implementation (that big empty thing at Disney Springs comes to mind). Of course, Comcast is in th at business too.... it'll be interesting to see.
It’s on Peacock in the states, overseas Disney+ has some streaming rights to it. I don’t see them going for it either, they’re just on the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter