Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I have used the app briefly at home, and it was much better than I thought it would be. I think a lot of improvements have gone into it since Covid.

We will be doing USJ. I am anxiously awaiting the Donky Kong Country announcement.

Are they still working on Woody’s? I don’t remember seeing any construction last month. I thought they had finished, but it will never be enough seating.
Okay, correction. The construction started two years ago lol

Also it's a prep kitchen and not expanded seating?? I found this update post from WDWNT:
https://www.instagram.com/wdwnt/p/C0-TcmFrZcK/?img_index=1

Odd choice seeing as that QS has little to no seating but whatever I guess.

https://wdwnt.com/2024/01/hungry-bear-restaurant-on-the-go-package-new-24/

Hungry Bear Restaurant On the Go Package To Be Available to All Guests Soon​

Katie Francis
January 21, 2024

A photo of options for the Hungry Bear Restaurant On the Go Package.

A version of the Hungry Bear Restaurant On the Go package will soon be available to all guests at Disneyland.

Hungry Bear Restaurant On the Go Package​

A photo of options for the Hungry Bear Restaurant On the Go Package.

Previously, the on the go meal option was an exclusive offering for guests who purchased a Fantasmic! package. With Fantasmic! still closed after the Maleficent dragon caught fire, the offering was unavailable.

The package will be available starting January 26 at the restaurant and via mobile order. It includes:

• Choice of entree
  • Mashed potatoes or seasonal vegetables
  • Choice of beverage
  • Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar

Pricing has not been announced, but the Fantasmic! package was $38 for adults and $27 for children.

https://wdwnt.com/2024/01/chocolate-marshmallow-cookie-alpine-mickey-shake/

REVIEW: New Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie & Pistachio-Cherry Alpine Mickey Shakes from Schmoozies! at Disney California Adventure​

Katie Francis

Schmoozies! at Disney California Adventure has debuted two new seasonal treats: the Alpine Mickey Shake and Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Shake. An end date for their availability has not been announced.

A photo of the corner of Schmoozies! at Disney California Adventure.

Schmoozies! is located in Hollywood Land next to Fairfax Market and across from the Disney Animation Building.

Alpine Mickey Shake – $13.29​

Cherry, Chocolate Chip, and Pistachio Shake with Whipped Topping, Crushed Pistachios, Red Feather, and Chocolate Créme-filled Cookie Ears
DLR DCA Schmoozies Alpine Mickey Shake 5
DLR DCA Schmoozies Alpine Mickey Shake 6

Our Alpine Mickey shake got made sideways, so his ears don’t line up with his outfit, but it’s still cute. It’s good, it’s different, and it’s rich. You get the gentle pistachio up front and then you’re punched in the face with artificial cherry. We enjoyed this, but the flavor combination is probably an acquired taste, and we wouldn’t recommend this for a child or someone looking for a traditional milkshake. We rate the Alpine Mickey Shake a 5 out of 7.

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Shake – $13.29​

Chocolate, Caramel, and Marshmallow Shake with Whipped Topping, Caramel & Chocolate Sauce and Marshmallow Cookie Pie
DLR DCA Schmoozies Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Shake 4
DLR DCA Schmoozies Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Shake 5

It’s not quite as cute as Alpine Mickey, but the graham cracker crumb rim and heaping whipped cream certainly look appealing. Caramel is predominant, and it tastes like a fresh caramel sauce. Something about it is so much richer and decadent than the usual sauce. There’s a hint of chocolate, and the marshmallow is strong on the backend. The cookie pie is a traditional Moon Pie. We rate this one a 7 out of 7.
We preferred the Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Shake and think it has a broader appeal. If you’re particularly fond of the pistachio-cherry combination or want the cutest shake for Instagram, Alpine Mickey isn’t a bad choice either.
Schmoozies! won’t be serving anything special for Lunar New Year, but guests will be able to purchase the Mickey-shaped Macaron straw clip there.

Celebrate National Polka Dot Day with Minnie Treats
1705938958133.png

Get ready to don your best polka dots and indulge in the magic of National Polka Dot Day with a delightful array of Minnie Mouse-inspired treats! From charming sundaes to delectable desserts, Disney Addicts can savor the sweetness of this iconic day with a touch of Minnie’s signature style.

1705938972981.png

New Minnie Kitchen Sink Sundae: Embark on a delicious adventure with the brand-new Minnie Kitchen Sink Sundae, making its debut at various quick-service restaurants across select Disney Resort Hotels. This whimsical creation promises a delightful blend of flavors and textures, embodying the playful spirit of Minnie Mouse herself. Be among the first to taste this delightful concoction and elevate your National Polka Dot Day celebration!

1705939006988.png

Minnie Sweet Strawberry Waffle Sundae: For those seeking a burst of fruity goodness, the Minnie Sweet Strawberry Waffle Sundae, currently available at Marketplace Snacks, is a must-try. Indulge in the sweetness of Minnie’s favorite fruit with this delectable dessert that combines the richness of waffles with the freshness of sweet strawberries. It’s a delightful treat that perfectly captures Minnie’s timeless charm.

1705939021091.png

Minnie Mouse Dome Cake at Amorette’s Patisserie: Make your National Polka Dot Day celebration extra special with the Minnie Mouse Dome Cake, a delightful creation available at Amorette’s Patisserie. This intricately designed dessert showcases Minnie’s iconic polka dots in a delectable cake form. Immerse yourself in the artistry of this sweet masterpiece while savoring the flavors that pay homage to everyone’s favorite fashionista.

1705939034438.png

New Minnie Kitchen Sink Sundae at Hollywood Scoops: If you find yourself at Hollywood Scoops, be sure to try the new Minnie Kitchen Sink Sundae, offering a delightful twist on the classic sundae experience. Indulge in a cascade of flavors as you explore this delightful creation, adorned with Minnie’s signature polka dots. It’s an irresistible treat that adds a touch of whimsy to your National Polka Dot Day festivities.

Hei Hei Annual Passholder Magnet Coming Later This Month

Disney World has confirmed that Hei Hei will be the next character to grace an Annual Passholder magnet and that guests will be able to pick it up at EPCOT later this month!

Passholders—head to EPCOT from January 29 to February 23, 2024 to pick up the newest Annual Passholder magnet featuring Hei Hei from the Disney film, Moana. This Annual Passholder-exclusive item will be available at Creations Shop from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM—while supplies last.

AD

Important Information
  • To enter EPCOT, you will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for EPCOT on the same date (or you may visit EPCOT after 2:00 PM or on a good-to-go day without a theme park reservation). Theme park reservations are limited and are subject to availability. Blockout dates apply.
  • Each Passholder must be present and show their valid Annual Pass card, linked MagicBand, MagicBand+ or Disney MagicMobile pass, as well as a government-issued photo ID, to receive a magnet. Learn how to link your pass to your Disney account.
  • Limit one magnet per Passholder.
  • Available while supplies last.
  • Not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged magnets.
All offerings, operating hours and locations are subject to availability and change or cancellation without notice.

Passholder Exclusive Waffle Coming to Epcot

Along with the complimentary Hei Hei Annual Passholder magnet, there will be a Passholder-exclusive waffle available for purchase soon at EPCOT. Here are the details:

Hei Hei Liege Waffle​

Savor a tasty treat inspired by a popular character from the Disney film, Moana.
From January 29 to February 23, 2024, delight in a liege waffle made with brioche dough, topped with pearl sugar and a Hei Hei chocolate garnish—available for purchase at Connections Café in EPCOT.

Important Information
  • To enter EPCOT, you will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for EPCOT on the same date (or you may visit EPCOT after 2:00 PM or on a good-to-go day without a theme park reservation). Theme park reservations are limited and are subject to availability. Blockout dates apply.
  • At the time of purchase, Passholders must present their valid Annual Pass ID from the Tickets and Passes section of their My Disney Experience app and a valid government-issued photo ID. Learn how to link your pass to your Disney account.
  • Available while supplies last.
All offerings, operating hours and locations subject to availability and change or cancellation without notice.

I'm so very behind--I still haven't watched The Eternals. (I may end up skipping it, but I nearly always regret it later when I skip one and miss some context for a later film.)
The Eternals hasn't had many movie/show tie-ins from what I remember. The baddy creature in Cosmic Rewind is from Eternals, but you don't need to know that to like/understand the ride.

EDIT: I guess there's a vague reference in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. I honestly had forgotten and didn't even remember until I googled. Not much of a tie-in though.

The Eternals hasn't had many movie/show tie-ins from what I remember. The baddy creature in Cosmic Rewind is from Eternals, but you don't need to know that to like/understand the ride.

EDIT: I guess there's a vague reference in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. I honestly had forgotten and didn't even remember until I googled. Not much of a tie-in though.

Yeah, Eternals is pretty much stand-alone. It's not actually that bad, but it's WAY too long for what it is. There are a few interesting things in it though.

For anyone interested, it really was a good movie. Cut through all the noise and give it a shot. If you like the typical Marvel/MCU movie, it's solid and actually one of the better ones in my opinion - upper middle tier for sure.

I loved it, I was pleasantly surprised! I have not seen Ms. Marvel yet, so that character was new to me.

Food Trucks at the Boardwalk

There are now food trucks on the BoardWalk! A Cast Member told us that they will be rotating daily going forward.

Disney's BoardWalk Inn Apps Food Truck

Today, we spotted App’s Food Truck!

They’re open from 11AM to 4PM, so it’s really only available for lunch.

On the menu, you can get things like arepas, burgers, empanadas, quesadillas, and more.

Since the food trucks are apparently rotating, we will probably see a different option tomorrow, but we’ll have to wait and find out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter