• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I don't think general discussion should be an issue as long as you don't quote anything particularly off-color from the trailer (I have not watched it). Ask away.

Was wondering about them jumping thru that circle in the end.

One of the characters in the preview was manipulating Deadpool in a very Kamar-Taj way, so some connection to the Dr. Strange bits of the MCU would seem likely.

This is basically what’s being discussed by most outlets. I think these are pretty safe assumptions based on the info that’s out there.
I actually did get a reply on Reddit from someone saying that he went to Tiffin's and his server (who's worked there for many years) said that Joe Rhode is not just back at Disney for consulting. This could mean that Rhode is totally involved on the Tropical Americas project and has possible been changed, perhaps into an expansion (west side expansion maybe) of the park, so nothing happens to the dinosaurs there. Heck, even the Zootopia 4D show project has possibly been altered, so nothing happens to the insects ("It’s Tough to Be A Bug!") at the park.

I actually did get a reply on Reddit from someone saying that he went to Tiffin's and his server (who's worked there for many years) said that Joe Rhode is not just back at Disney for consulting. This could mean that Rhode is totally involved on the Tropical Americas project and has possible been changed, perhaps into an expansion (west side expansion maybe) of the park, so nothing happens to the dinosaurs there. Heck, even the Zootopia 4D show project has possibly been altered, so nothing happens to the insects ("It’s Tough to Be A Bug!") at the park.
Obviously until something official is announced, any rumor can change but Dinoland is dead. Just let it die in peace. The land needs so much work and there is no reason to spend that much money to not just revamp the area.

Obviously until something official is announced, any rumor can change but Dinoland is dead. Just let it die in peace. The land needs so much work and there is no reason to spend that much money to not just revamp the area.

But there's nothing inherently wrong with a disnosaur themed area. It could use some work for sure, however I could see them keeping the basic theme. I think the Dino-Rama should probably get axed in favor of something more like a fossil dig, an extension of the Dinosaur ride. Now, I kind of think tehy are leaning toward a total retheme too, but I just have mixed feelings on it happening.

But there's nothing inherently wrong with a disnosaur themed area. It could use some work for sure, however I could see them keeping the basic theme. I think the Dino-Rama should probably get axed in favor of something more like a fossil dig, an extension of the Dinosaur ride. Now, I kind of think tehy are leaning toward a total retheme too, but I just have mixed feelings on it happening.
I think the Dino theme is solid, especially for kids. I just think practically speaking, the area is in such disarray that the amount of money and time it would take to get the land up to the quality it needs to be, it just makes more sense to retheme it. It will help make the land feel more new with a newer theme and it helps that they can jam some popular IPs there as well. I think the land design did the dino land no real favors as the whole carnival part of it just did not age very well in todays theme park world.

It could be Dr. Strange and Clean make an appearance to help fix the incursion that is discussed in the post-credit scene at the end of DS3. I wouldn't be surprised if the MCU did something like this to make the multiverse suff messier.

I would rather the matter be a simple explanation, Cassandra Nova manipulates someone with mystic art abilities (and it doesn't have to be the ancient one, Mordo, Kaecilius, Wong, Strange, etc.) to create a portal and encourages the boys to jump through the portal.

I'm impressed by your perseverance!

I don't think there's anything wrong with a dinosaur themed area either (the Dino Institute section isn't bad imo, just dated), but I think Tropical Americas goes way better with the rest of the park. The other lands are all based on immersing yourself in a place with the flora and fauna and cultures of the region, even Pandora.

I just hope we get the capybaras back. They left before I started coming back to the parks as an adult.

No Dragons and now no Dinosaurs.... they really are going to have to upgrade those entrance signs.

I think it's a done deal, the Dino's are out... For sure the area was in need of an upgrade, but I think the idea just need a fresh take, rather than a whole new theme. In the end I'd hate seeing major renovations, that in the end don't net the park much in the way of NEW people eaters.

I visited Dinoland once during my recent trip and my 8 year old loved the interactions with the guitarist from the Dino Institute who showed up in Restaurantosaurus and sang dinosaur songs. He was asking the kids sitting at their tables to name dinosaurs and he would sing a song about them.

My daughter also still likes the Boneyard after all these years (and I love relaxing there as well). Otherwise (unless you want to count the Dory show which we love) the land is forgettable.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a dinosaur themed area either (the Dino Institute section isn't bad imo, just dated), but I think Tropical Americas goes way better with the rest of the park. The other lands are all based on immersing yourself in a place with the flora and fauna and cultures of the region, even Pandora.

I just hope we get the capybaras back. They left before I started coming back to the parks as an adult.

Well, and as I have stated before, there have been lots of dinosaur finds in South America, so it could still work. Keep the Institute, but replace the Dino-Rama. I just don't really think it needs Indiana Jones, and I don't think that just because the ride system is the same that they have to go in that direction.

Last edited:
I visited Dinoland once during my recent trip and my 8 year old loved the interactions with the guitarist from the Dino Institute who showed up in Restaurantosaurus and sang dinosaur songs. He was asking the kids sitting at their tables to name dinosaurs and he would sing a song about them.

My daughter also still likes the Boneyard after all these years (and I love relaxing there as well). Otherwise (unless you want to count the Dory show which we love) the land is forgettable.

A lot of people literally just go there to ride Dinosaur and then bounce. Including me lol. Except the last few times I've been down I haven't even managed that much because the ride is in such terrible shape. Last time we only managed to get loaded into the ride vehicle before getting evacuated. I think the last non-Dinosaur thing we did there was meet Launchpad McQuack when they had the meet & greet there pre closures. That and the Boneyard for kids is basically it. I would venture that most people fall in this category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter