Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Magic Kingdom Park Pass Reservations Completely Sold Out for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Passholder Previews

According to the Disney Park Pass theme park reservation calendar, all Magic Kingdom reservations are sold out for Annual Passholders on all Tiana’s Bayou Adventure preview dates. Here’s a screenshot of the calendar as the actual Park Pass reservation system is unavailable or difficult to access at this time.

edit:
View attachment 859375

Crazy fast. Working people who don’t have access to emails and such during work have no chance.

Disney fans have a habit of grossly overstating things. SAB is a nice pool. It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, the replacement for a water park that people are constantly saying it is. It also has some pretty significant drawbacks…chair hogs, problematic sight lines for watching kids, lazy river that’s needlessly deep and not very long, having to leave the pool area to get to the slide, etc. I sincerely don’t get the hype on it, having done it three times now.

It's just a hotel pool, not a Waterpark. No extra charge and there's 3 additional pools for guests who do not prefer SAB.

Those have no site line issues, no slides, no lazy river, no deep areas to tread water and usually have chairs available. Basically like every other WDW hotel, except some have a slide.

Actually if you think about it, they could remodel and conform to the other deluxe resorts and correct your issues.

Just cement in 2/3 rds of it to eliminate site line issues, remove the sand, cement in the 8 foot areas (no treading water allowed at WDW pools) and make them 4 feet, turn off the the lazy river, cut the slide in half and add a stairway inside for access, remove the 2nd kids area and mini slide. It would then be equivalent to the other deluxe pools.

Currently have a 4 yo that loves the sand bottom kids area, especially since just that area alone s bigger than the entire BW or Poly pool. Plus having a 2nd kids pool with a slide is nice to have.

The biggest pool after the 750,000 gallon SAB is big blue at AoA at 308,000. The biggest Deluxe is AK at 234,000.

That said, if i could would I put SAB at every other WDW resort? Umm yeah not even close.

Let's hope that those beignets are better than the ones at POFQ

*takes cover in preparation for an upcoming attack*

The Disney ones, both Land and World, are just not good. We have visited New Orleans a lot, and Disney can’t hold a candle. Also, this honey thing is an abomination. What do they think they are, sopapillas?

I finally got around to eating them since everyone hypes them up and I was like....dang these are terrible lol

The ones at Jazz Kitchen in Disneyland's Downtown area are significantly better, even despite that place looking like a high school cafeteria now.
Jazz Kitchen is run/owned by people from New Orleans. Even day old, they were pretty solid. Couldn’t have them the day of, because I was sick.

Everything to Know Before You Drop Into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disney World

gwetgasgfdsasghgf-624x352.jpg

Tips on How to Ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

1. Drop on in-to virtual queue…​

When Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens on June 28, it will use a virtual queue. Guests can request to join the virtual queue via the My Disney Experience app at one of two times: 7 a.m. or 1 p.m. While a standby queue will not be available during the attraction’s initial opening days, we expect to open a standby queue soon after the attraction’s opening.

Visit disneyworld.com/virtualqueue for more details about how virtual queues at Disney World work and what you need to know before visiting Magic Kingdom.

2. … or use Disney Genie+ service.​

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will also be included as a Lightning Lane entrance in Disney Genie+ service*. Purchasing this service on the My Disney Experience app helps you get to some of your favorite attractions faster through Lightning Lane entrances and includes digital downloads of select Disney PhotoPass attraction photos taken in the park on the day of your purchase at no additional charge. Guests may check the app on the day of their visit for pricing and availability.

Visit disneyworld.com/lightninglane for more details.

3. Smile for the camera!​

No party is complete without pictures. As you make your way through the bayou to get to Tiana’s party, Disney PhotoPass Service will serve up a special photo when you’re almost there.

Disney PhotoPass for Tiana's Bayou Adventure's Bayou Adventure

Want to download this attraction photo and your other magical moments? Try Memory Maker – with this all-inclusive photo package, you can download all of your Disney PhotoPass photos taken during your vacation.

Learn more about the other photos Disney PhotoPass Service captures of you at 175+ locations at disneyworld.com/memorymaker.**

4. Be prepared to get wet!​

At some point when you drop on in to Tiana’s party, there’s a strong chance riders may get wet. While most guests will appreciate the refreshing cool down, others may want to bring their rain gear.

Didn’t bring any? No worries. There are plenty of places to find ponchos in Magic Kingdom.

Celebrate Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opening across Magic Kingdom

5. Shop new attraction merchandise​

After riding the new attraction, we can bet you’ll want to take a piece of the bayou home with you.

Starting June 28, you can find the collections for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure and “The Princess and the Frog”-inspired merchandise at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom. And, shortly after the attraction debuts, the merchandise will hop over to Critter Co-Op in Frontierland.

Additional details about the various merchandise collections will be shared on the Disney Parks Blog soon.

Tiana's Famous Beignets at Magic Kingdom's Famous Beignets at Magic Kingdom

6. Try some of Tiana’s Famous Beignets!​

A trip to the bayou is never complete without some good eats and sweet treats. Among the food and beverage offerings we look forward to sharing soon will be Tiana’s Famous Beignets, of course.

Beginning opening day, Golden Oak Outpost and The Friar’s Nook will be serving up these light, sweet and fluffy beignets drizzled with honey and powdered sugar. These will be available for a limited time only so let the good times roll. Check back to Disney Parks Blog and @DisneyEats for all the delicious details celebrating Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

7. Hungry for more about Tiana’s Bayou Adventure?​

If you’re craving more details about the fun attraction, visit the Everything Tiana page on the Disney Parks Blog:

The TBA attraction photo does not work for me. Was hoping for a true or genuine attraction photo rather than an animated image with the ride vehicle.

My problem with those photos is when the people in the front seat have their arms up and block the faces of the people behind them!.........7DMT, Mummy, ToT.......
Why did they Photoshop the people in though? They couldn't photograph real people on one of those tests?

1715739685150.png

Question: What does SAB stand for?

EDIT: Nevermind, I already found out. It's Storm Along Bay, the big pool complex at Disney's Beach and Yacht Club Resorts.

Pricing and Details Announced for D23 Preview of Tiana's Bayou Adventure

An exclusive event for D23 Gold Members will be held at Magic Kingdom Park on June 22, 2024, offering members early access to Tiana's Bayou Adventure attraction before it officially opens on June 28.

Attendees can experience the attraction multiple times, enjoy live jazz performances, and receive a commemorative pin. Due to restricted capacity, there will be a virtual ticket sales queue starting on May 16, 2024, at 10 am PT.

Gold Member pricing is $60 + $7 processing fee per ticket. Tickets go on sale on Thursday, May 16, 2024, at 10:00 am. PT/1:00 pm. ET.

Tickets now available to all guests for the 2024 MIckey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Tickets are now on general sale for the 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party season at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

The early pre-sale for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests that began last week is now over, and tickets can be purchased by everyone.

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will take place over 38 nights from August 9 through October 31, 2024. Ticket prices for 2024 range from $119 - $199, up from 2023's $109 – $199.

August 2024 Pricing​

• August 9: $149
  • August 13, 16, 20, 23, 27: $119
  • August 30: $129

September 2024 Pricing​

• September 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15: $129
  • September 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 29: $149

October 2024 Pricing​

• October 1, 3: $169
  • October 4, 11, 18: $189
  • October 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17: $179
  • October 20, 22, 24: $189
  • October 25, 27, 29, 31: $199

Disney fans have a habit of grossly overstating things. SAB is a nice pool. It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, the replacement for a water park that people are constantly saying it is. It also has some pretty significant drawbacks…chair hogs, problematic sight lines for watching kids, lazy river that’s needlessly deep and not very long, having to leave the pool area to get to the slide, etc. I sincerely don’t get the hype on it, having done it three times now.

It's a fun resort pool, but yes, there are enough drawbacks to make it about even with all the other resort pools. With three kids it was anything but relaxing :)

Let's hope that those beignets are better than the ones at POFQ

*takes cover in preparation for an upcoming attack*
I have had the Golden Post “beignets” 😂. They are heavy fried dough balls that with the fruit “dip” taste like a heavy toaster strudel. Nothing close to a NOLA beignet and time in line I’ll never get back.

I have had the Golden Post “beignets” 😂. They are heavy fried dough balls that with the fruit “dip” taste like a heavy toaster strudel. Nothing close to a NOLA beignet and time in line I’ll never get back.
Sounds like a donut hole or a hushpuppy

Sounds like a donut hole or a hushpuppy
No ... hushpuppy is savory, this is sweet. It is greasier than a donut hole. We used to make similar when younger, dropping dough into a deep fryer then rolling in powder sugar. They are dense and heavy but closer to a funnel cake.

A real NOLA beignet you could eat a dozen easily, like hot Krispy Kreme. You eat that many of these things and you'll sink that log boat.

Showtimes, Viewing Details, and a Sneak Peek of the Music for 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone Show

Disney has unveiled all the details for the upcoming "Disney Dreams that Soar" drone show that will run nightly from May 24 through September 2, 2024, at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.

Disney Dreams that Soar Drone Show preview

Showtimes for the 9-minute show are 9 pm and 10:45 pm, with viewing areas located on Disney Springs West Side—along the waterfront between the Cirque du Soleil Theatre and Aerophile. Viewing areas for Disney Dreams That Soar will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Don't forget your MagicBand+ - it will come alive—lighting up, vibrating and interacting with the show.

Here is a first listen to the "Disney Dreams that Soar" music and a look at many of the Disney characters that will be created in the sky from 800 drones above the lake at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter