Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds amazing! That is my dream trip, one day hopefully!
my sister was over visiting the other day cuz i just had gallbladder surgery, so we were watching youtube and i showed her the amazing beauty and the beast animatronics for the new ride in tokyo since its her favorite movie and she was like ok we HAVE to go. i thought she was joking at first but she was 100% serious so now it looks like we're going to japan!! she was originally gonna go to disneyland for her 35th bday and also the price is right but she said she'll put that off for her 40th hahaha

Nobody should stay someplace then complain about "massive property". Do some research. They don't get bigger between booking them and staying in them. pirate: I can see the dated rooms complaint.
Ehhh...I think it's hard to get a sense as to how big/how much walking/how spread out a resort is that you've never stayed before.

We actually had a pretty similar opinion when we stayed at CBR.

Ehhh...I think it's hard to get a sense as to how big/how much walking/how spread out a resort is that you've never stayed before.

We actually had a pretty similar opinion when we stayed at CBR.

I agree. We've never stayed there before, and while I had read the complaints about it being large and spread out we had still considered it. It just never ended up being our final choice for various reasons. Then last year we rode the skyliner over it for the first time and were really surprised at just how sprawling that resort is. We all looked at each other and said, "nope - not for us". Sometimes you have to actually see something in person to get a true feel for it.

StandbyPass has currently been deactivated at DLP (this is not the paid premier access but the virtual queue for when standby closes) It had proved very problematic as it just led to a lot of people crowding around the entrance to an attraction, blocking walkways, rather than having people in queues.

Yeah, it is good that they tested it again as they only had a short period before the last covid closure. But also in October it was very clear that it lead to crowding.
You even had that with fastpasses in Paris, but it got worse with Standby passes. The majority of the people thought "if my window is from 1200 to 1230, then I will be there at 12."

I'm with you on this. They're OK but far from iconic characters. A lot of these choices and omissions are baffling to me.

I feel like the statues are just either poor choice or poor marketing. A simple tag line of 'Disney World's 50th anniversary, celebrating the friends we made along the way' would have made most of these characters make sense. Where's my Figaro statue Disney?

I'm with you on this. They're OK but far from iconic characters. A lot of these choices and omissions are baffling to me.
I think they are playing safe by going for mainly animals and side characters. If you do all the princesses... let's say it is not a very diverse group.
We do get Miguel, Joe, Frozone, with next to it Edna Mode as the only humans.

Reactions: rlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter