Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I turned WandaVision on and off about 5 times during the first show...just struggled with "getting it". But now I have to say I'm somewhat hooked just because I want to see what the heck is really going on!

I think I turned WandaVision on and off about 5 times during the first show...just struggled with "getting it". But now I have to say I'm somewhat hooked just because I want to see what the heck is really going on!

if you haven't watched any yet, maybe give some of the youtube videos where they go through Easter eggs and hidden details - usually they are like 10-15 mins and help get me more into the episodes and the show

If you take out all the action scenes, the Mandalorian is just as slow especially since every week it was "you need to go to xyz to talk to abc about the child". This is slowly building until all the action which makes it frustratingly enjoyable. If you don't like the first episode skip it and which the second or third to see if they grab your interest.

What show was everyone expecting here? Was there a secret trailer for this show that showed only action sequences and said “This show is nothing like a sitcom!” Marvel and Disney have literally been telling people what this show was going to be for 2 years. I just don’t get why anyone that’s not into what the show was pitched to be would even put it on in the first place. If I see a show or movie that has a plot or premise that doesn’t interest me, I’m not putting it on.

What show was everyone expecting here? Was there a secret trailer for this show that showed only action sequences and said “This show is nothing like a sitcom!” Marvel and Disney have literally been telling people what this show was going to be for 2 years. I just don’t get why anyone that’s not into what the show was pitched to be would even put it on in the first place. If I see a show or movie that has a plot or premise that doesn’t interest me, I’m not putting it on.

Exactly.

Whatever, I'm loving this show! I can't wait for this Friday.

Exactly.

Whatever, I'm loving this show! I can't wait for this Friday.

I don’t like the Matrix movies. I’m not going to watch the first 20 minutes of Matrix 4, turn it off and complain that the movie is about them going back into the Matrix.

If Marvel and Disney pitched WandaVision in a way where it being a nod to sitcoms while servicing the overall mystery narrative wasn’t present and that it was a cookie cutter heroes fight villains type of show, then sure, I’d understand the complaints. But this show has been pitched and marketed to everyone exactly the way it’s unfolded thus far.

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED. SET PICTURES FROM WANDAVISION SHOW WHAT COULD BE IN STORE IN LATER EPISODE(S)

My speculation
These could mean absolutely nothing and just something from the Halloween episode, but it very much looks like this is going deeper than just a side plot from that episode. These are different costumes than Agnes and Wanda are wearing in the trailer for that Halloween episode. This looks to be possibly either a coven that Agnes is holding or a flashback to her during the Salem Witch Trials which was alluded to in her anniversary date with Ralph, which was the same date the Salem Witch Trials began. Or my theory, this is where Mephisto is revealed and this is either before the events of the series, or at the pinnacle of the series when Wanda makes a deal with the devil, literally, to either have this life in the first place or keep it when the loss of it becomes possible with SWORDs involvement.

Last edited:
Love how we’re judging a show based on 90 out of ~360 minutes.

By the metrics used on how boring WandaVision is in its first 90 minutes, Breaking Bad would have been cancelled after episode 2.

And Emmy winning Better Call Saul would not have made it out of the first set of commercials.

Question for those not liking it, did you watch Legion? That certainly had similar wackiness and was critically acclaimed, but like WV, it wasn't for everyone.

I ditched Legion, I doubt I'll ditch WandaVision. lol

I think some type of viewers likes things spelled out from the beginning, the fact that it's not spelled out (and the fact we saw Vision obliterated by Thanos) is the hook.

Exactly. We’ve been binging a lot of older shows since March with more downtime and we know we have to give shows at LEAST 8-9 episodes before we make a decision to pull the plug and move on. Some shows are slow builders and others just don’t find their groove until later in the series. Wandavision really doesn’t even fit either of those categories though, as it’s been great since the beginning. The main issue, as we’ve discussed, was in the marketing and people not really knowing what they were going to be watching. Expecting it to be a sitcom was only going to lead to it being a letdown. People that say, “the jokes fell flat,” they weren‘t supposed to be laugh out loud jokes, they’re puns on the system of sitcoms.

Exactly. We’ve been binging a lot of older shows since March with more downtime and we know we have to give shows at LEAST 8-9 episodes before we make a decision to pull the plug and move on. Some shows are slow builders and others just don’t find their groove until later in the series. Wandavision really doesn’t even fit either of those categories though, as it’s been great since the beginning. The main issue, as we’ve discussed, was in the marketing and people not really knowing what they were going to be watching. Expecting it to be a sitcom was only going to lead to it being a letdown. People that say, “the jokes fell flat,” they weren‘t supposed to be laugh out loud jokes, they’re puns on the system of sitcoms.

My favorite sitcom of all time is Parks and Rec, I watched it from the pilot until the finale, and that first season was BRUTAL. But I didn’t give up on it. I usually skip the 1st season now in rewatches, but you couldn’t exactly do that when it was airing.

lve told a few friends that need the action and quick pace that I’ll let them know when to start Wandavision. I know that they’re the type that would say to me that it’s boring. I told them after watching episode 3 to start watching through and all of the, told me they would have given up after episode 2 but episode 3 has them wanting more. I think the hook will continue its pull more and more after episode 4, and 5.

I've adored all three episodes of WandaVision so far, but that's largely because House of M is one of my favorite comic storylines of all time.

A couple of friends who were unsure about watching it asked me what to do and my recommendation was to watch the first episode and see if it grabs you (or at least intrigues you). If it does, cool, keep watching on a weekly basis. If it doesn't don't try to force your way through episodes 2 and 3 right now. Wait until it has built up about six episodes (or even wait until they're all out) then binge as much as you can.

I'm fine getting this in weekly drops (then diving into the Easter eggs, lore and all that), but I think for more casual fans, it'll work better as a binge watch.

As a big comic book guy and someone that likes a lot of the old sitcoms (Bewitched, Dick Van Dyke, etc) that this gives nods to, for the life of me, I don’t understand why people think Wandavision is a good show. Is it that people want it to be good? Lack of other new shows? Or do you expect some payoff to what is a parody full of Easter eggs even diehards don’t find all that compelling?

I've adored all three episodes of WandaVision so far, but that's largely because House of M is one of my favorite comic storylines of all time.

People keep saying this is like House of M , but it really is nothing like it. I am really not sure why people think so. Is it just the alternate universe thing? They couldn't be more different.

For those who don't know, House of M is a series where Magneto uses Wanda to alter reality to wone were mutants rule over everyone. This is really more based on 80's stories in the Avengers/West Cost and the Scarlet Witch &Vision mini-seeries where her powers are also affecting reality, but in smaller ways (I won't say so as not to allude to spoilers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter