Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that for me it depends on the show and how it is paced. Some shows are made to be binged, like big, extended movies, but some are paced for the single episode. I feel that Mandalorian worked well as a weekly as each episode was self contained except for one real two-part episode with a cliffhanger. The issues come in when they try to use the binge formula with a show that is released weekly or vice-versa.
I prefer weekly episodes almost always with these things because I think the water cooler aspect of those shows really adds to the overall enjoyment.

I prefer weekly episodes almost always with these things because I think the water cooler aspect of those shows really adds to the overall enjoyment.

I so agree with this.

I think something gets lost by the big event type shows being released all at the same time.

I'm thinking specifically of something like Stranger Things or The Witcher on Netflix.

Just imagine if there was a week in between Stranger Things episodes. It would give people time to discuss, speculate, let things build on social media.

I honestly do not think that the Baby Yoda stuff would be the social media phenom it is today if the episodes had all been released at the same time. Popular, yes. But not at the same level it is.

I so agree with this.

I think something gets lost by the big event type shows being released all at the same time.

I'm thinking specifically of something like Stranger Things or The Witcher on Netflix.

Just imagine if there was a week in between Stranger Things episodes. It would give people time to discuss, speculate, let things build on social media.

I honestly do not think that the Baby Yoda stuff would be the social media phenom it is today if the episodes had all been released at the same time. Popular, yes. But not at the same level it is.
Exactly the suspense of finding out more about baby yoda and where he came from or when he is in danger and holding that during the week was a huge thing. I agree this concept would work better for stranger things.

Something else I've really been enjoying on Disney+ is some of the Nat Geo things.

I love shows about history and I've really enjoyed the Lost Cities with Albert Lin. That man is so inspiring. He was in an accident a few years ago and he lost his leg. He was filmed for this show scuba diving, rock climbing and skiing. Very inspirational, not to mention an interesting show.

I also enjoyed Drain the Sunken Pirate City, a documentary about the underwater portion of Port Royal.

Another favorite was Atlantis Rising, a documentary produced by James Cameron.

Just thought I would post about the new show Shop Class. It's really fun and the kids have been enjoying watching the builds and just nice to see focus on shop teachers

Also, each week there is a guest judge who is an Imagineer and you see some of what they have worked on and they just bring a neat viewpoint to how what the kids are working on fits into how imagineers look at things

Definitely worth checking out

Does anyone know if Cosmos will be on Disney +? It starts Monday on National Geographic. I won't watch on Mondays so I will either DVR it or will it be brought to Disney + at some point?

Just thought I would post about the new show Shop Class. It's really fun and the kids have been enjoying watching the builds and just nice to see focus on shop teachers

Also, each week there is a guest judge who is an Imagineer and you see some of what they have worked on and they just bring a neat viewpoint to how what the kids are working on fits into how imagineers look at things

Definitely worth checking out
Thanks for the recommendation. Watched the first one and will actually show it to my kid later this week.

I wonder if Disney would consider going to a two tier set up temporarily with Disney+ where for an extra $10 or maybe more you get the first run movies that were planned for release while the country is going to be in shut down mode when it comes to public gatherings. They could do something similar with Hulu. They are going to have to find a way to make money from their studio divisions products over the next quarter plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter