Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am late to the game but in the past I had only seen a handful of Star Wars: Rebels episodes and we just finished watching the entire series and definitely want more!

Even just some shorts showing what happened to the characters after that final battle (before the epilogue part)

Also wonder with the rumors of Ahsoka being in the next season of the Mandelorian - possibly for a spin off of her own series I wonder if it will pick up / connect to where the epilogue of Rebels left off, with her and Sabine going in search of Ezra after the Battle of Endor

hey everyone, loving Disney + but I have a question. In my country it only went live on March 24, so we are a couple of months behind, as they are sticking to the same release schedule as USA.

I'm a huge Marvel fan and I'm wondering are the following on Disney+ in USA. They are not available on mine yet, so if they are on USA Disney+ then hopefully they will eventually get added to my Disney+
  • Daredevil
  • Jessica Jones
  • Luke Cage
  • Iron Fist
  • The Punisher
  • The Defenders
  • Cloak and Dagger

hey everyone, loving Disney + but I have a question. In my country it only went live on March 24, so we are a couple of months behind, as they are sticking to the same release schedule as USA.

I'm a huge Marvel fan and I'm wondering are the following on Disney+ in USA. They are not available on mine yet, so if they are on USA Disney+ then hopefully they will eventually get added to my Disney+
  • Daredevil
  • Jessica Jones
  • Luke Cage
  • Iron Fist
  • The Punisher
  • The Defenders
  • Cloak and Dagger

No, none of these are on Disney+ in the USA. Other than Cloak and Dagger, which is on Disney's Hulu service, the rest were developed with Netflix which really ties up their streaming situation. And even if they did come over to a Disney-owned streaming service, it would be Hulu because all of these are far too adult to appear on Disney+.

No, none of these are on Disney+ in the USA. Other than Cloak and Dagger, which is on Disney's Hulu service, the rest were developed with Netflix which really ties up their streaming situation. And even if they did come over to a Disney-owned streaming service, it would be Hulu because all of these are far too adult to appear on Disney+.

Thanks

Inhumans and The Runaways are on my Disney+ so thats what made me ask :) We don't have Hulu here

glad you are loving Disney plus.
Some really good shows coming that your not going to want to miss.
diary of a future president. Disney bought this from cbs but it’s really good.
fairy tale weddings
One day at Disney.

you will probably catch up to the USA in release dates because of the virus.A couple new ones have been weak think next month is even weaker. So I imagine at some point you will get the same release schedule.

diary of a future president. Disney bought this from cbs but it’s really good.
fairy tale weddings
One day at Disney.

you will probably catch up to the USA in release dates because of the virus.A couple new ones have been weak think next month is even weaker. So I imagine at some point you will get the same release schedule.

We have those but just season 1 at the moment. They add shows every week :) I'm going to add diary of a future president to my watchlist, thanks :)

I'm also loving Encore, Shopclass, Be Our Chef, The World According To Jeff Goldblum and all the National Geographic programs but again, they are all season 1 and new episodes get added every week.

I also went through all the movies and found so many from my childhood and added them to my watchlist. :)

We have those but just season 1 at the moment. They add shows every week :) I'm going to add diary of a future president to my watchlist, thanks :)

I'm also loving Encore, Shopclass, Be Our Chef, The World According To Jeff Goldblum and all the National Geographic programs but again, they are all season 1 and new episodes get added every week.

I also went through all the movies and found so many from my childhood and added them to my watchlist. :)

So your getting mostly what we are getting.
shop class and be our chef is new here. They were the ones I was talking about being weak imo.
glad you like i it.
yep lots of great National Geographic shows and movies.
Shop class is done here 8 episodes.
be our chef 4 episodes so far

Thanks

Inhumans and The Runaways are on my Disney+ so thats what made me ask :) We don't have Hulu here

So, from the Marvel TV Side, Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, and Inhumans were on the ABC broadcast network and are considered family friendly enough for D+. Runaways was developed for Hulu originally, but they are also showing it on D+ though the final season I think is only on Hulu for now. I've actually never watched it so I can't speak to the content. Cloak & Dagger was on a cable channel that Disney owns and is a little edgier than the ABC broadcast shows, but not by much. I can think of one scene that would keep it off of D+ though. The Netflix shows of course are on Netflix only as they still own distribution rights. If they ever do switch, they would be on Hulu as they are generally rated R and have content that would not appear on D+.

Basically, D+ tops out at things rated PG-13 (and a soft PG-13 at that) - so Marvel movies, some Star Wars, etc. - stuff with mild violence and little to no sexual content. The Simpsons is probably about as edgy as you're gonna get. Hulu can have stuff above that rating so anything goes.

Last edited:
So, from the Marvel TV Side, Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, and Inhumans were on the ABC broadcast network and are considered family friendly enough for D+. Runaways was developed for Hulu originally, but they are also showing it on D+ though the final season I think is only on Hulu for now. I've actually never watched it so I can't speak to the content. Cloak & Dagger was on a cable channel that Disney owns and is a little edgier than the ABC broadcast shows, but not by much. I can think of one scene that would keep it off of D+ though. The Netflix shows of course are on Netflix only as they still own distribution rights. If they ever do switch, they would be on Hulu as they are generally rated R and have content that would not appear on D+.

Basically, D+ tops out at things rated PG-13 (and a soft PG-13 at that) - so Marvel movies, some Star Wars, etc. - stuff with mild violence and little to no sexual content. The Simpson sis probably about as edgy as you're gonna get. Hulu can have stuff above that rating so anything goes.

Ah ok, thanks, never realized all that. Over here the main TV networks are not classed like that. However they have whats called a watershed, meaning the family friendly stuff is broadcast before 9.00pm and anything after 9.00pm. So over here you would get anything over PG13 broadcast from 9pm onwards

Ah ok, thanks, never realized all that. Over here the main TV networks are not classed like that. However they have whats called a watershed, meaning the family friendly stuff is broadcast before 9.00pm and anything after 9.00pm. So over here you would get anything over PG13 broadcast from 9pm onwards

It's the same here. Not everything on broadcast TV would be family friendly enough for D+ and the later at night the more mature they can be, though within limits. Agents of SHIELD was like an 8 PM Eastern (7 PM Central) show which is the earliest slot so they kept it more on the tame side.

Personally, I wish broadcast TV would keep their advertising of more mature shows/movies to a later time slot also. I can't count the number of times we're watching a family friendly show on TV when suddenly an ad for something much more mature is interjected. Thankfully we tend to PVR a lot of things so can fast-forward through these ads but I just wish the maturity of the ads matched the maturity of the show being watched.

Personally, I wish broadcast TV would keep their advertising of more mature shows/movies to a later time slot also. I can't count the number of times we're watching a family friendly show on TV when suddenly an ad for something much more mature is interjected. Thankfully we tend to PVR a lot of things so can fast-forward through these ads but I just wish the maturity of the ads matched the maturity of the show being watched.

Well, they do need to try to keep the audience through the night so I don't have a problem with them advertising the later, more mature shows, but they shouldn't show any of that content in the ad. Just keep it to a basic overview and save that stuff for the show itself. It's like, they might advertise a Rated R movie in front of a PG-13 movie, but it would be the Green Band trailer, not the Red Band one.

It's the same here. Not everything on broadcast TV would be family friendly enough for D+ and the later at night the more mature they can be, though within limits. Agents of SHIELD was like an 8 PM Eastern (7 PM Central) show which is the earliest slot so they kept it more on the tame side.

The last season of SHIELD has a 10pm time slot. No idea if that's indicative of a more intense plot or just what worked best in their schedule.

The last season of SHIELD has a 10pm time slot. No idea if that's indicative of a more intense plot or just what worked best in their schedule.

Yeah, they switched it a couple of seasons ago but it hasn't really impacted the show's content much. It's maybe a little edgier but not by much and not any more than the typical Marvel Studios movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter