MinUX

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

Long-time Disney fan and user experience design student here :wave2:. I am currently working on a capstone project to help improve Disney+ and would love to get some user feedback to help guide my decisions. I hope to gain some insights from your responses and ultimately develop a solution so Disney+ users have a better experience. If you're interested and are subscribed to Disney+, I have a list of questions I'd love to know your answers to (feel free to answer as many or few as you want, and as much or little as you want). All feedback is helpful and appreciated - Thank you for your time!

If you're comfortable sharing -
What is your age?
What is your gender?
Do you have children?

1. When Disney+ was first released, what were you looking forward to the most?

2. When do you usually use DIsney+ on a typical day?

3 Why did you subscribe to Disney+?

4. What were your first impressions?

5. How much time do you normally spend watching DIsney+?

6. What types of things do you normally watch? Shows? Movies? Documentaries?

7. Do you experience any problems finding things to watch? Tell me more about that.

8. What things do you like about Disney+? Please explain.

9. Are there things you dislike or are frustrated about Disney+? Please explain.

10. Do you notice any potential problems with it? If so, what?

11. Was there anything surprising to you or unexpected about Disney+?

12. Was there anything missing from Disney+ that you expected?

13. How would you improve Disney+?

I plan to keep this thread open for a week or two, checking in and interacting with some of you with possible follow up questions if clarity is needed on my end. Again, thank you!

-MinUX

Hi everyone!

Long-time Disney fan and user experience design student here :wave2:. I am currently working on a capstone project to help improve Disney+ and would love to get some user feedback to help guide my decisions. I hope to gain some insights from your responses and ultimately develop a solution so Disney+ users have a better experience. If you're interested and are subscribed to Disney+, I have a list of questions I'd love to know your answers to (feel free to answer as many or few as you want, and as much or little as you want). All feedback is helpful and appreciated - Thank you for your time!

What is your age?
What is your gender?
Do you have children?

7. Do you experience any problems finding things to watch? Tell me more about that.

9. Are there things you dislike or are frustrated about Disney+? Please explain.

I plan to keep this thread open for a week or two, checking in and interacting with some of you with possible follow up questions if clarity is needed on my end. Again, thank you!

-MinUX

Welcome to the dis, Min.

Hi everyone!

What is your age?
What is your gender?
Do you have children?

5. How much time do you normally spend watching DIsn

I plan to keep this thread open for a week or two, checking in and interacting with some of you with possible follow up questions if clarity is needed on my end. Ag
Hi everyone!

What is your age?
What is your gender?
Do you have children?

-MinUX
This might have better results in the Disney+ board

Hi everyone!

What is your age?
What is your gender?
Do you have children?

-MinUX

Okay, I'll do it:

What is your age? 44
What is your gender? M
Do you have children? No

1. When Disney+ was first released, what were you looking forward to the most? - The availability of lost of classic Disney content

2. When do you usually use DIsney+ on a typical day? - In the evenings, but if I amworking from home over lunch too.

3 Why did you subscribe to Disney+? - For the classic Dsieny content plus new originals.

4. What were your first impressions? - I loved it - I loved being able to find everything by year.

5. How much time do you normally spend watching DIsney+? - It varies a lot, but can be from a quick episode one night up to 4 or 5 movies on a lazy Sunday.

6. What types of things do you normally watch? Shows? Movies? Documentaries? - Movies, shows, not so much documentaries unless they are Disney related. I watch all the Star Wars content, most Marvel, lots of Simpsons.

7. Do you experience any problems finding things to watch? Tell me more about that. - No. I could watch nearly everything Disney on the platform without much issue - The Simpsons back catalog alone would keep me busy for a while

8. What things do you like about Disney+? Please explain. - I love having all that content in one place, and I like that there is 4K suipport for most newer things (and even a few older films) and that doesn't cost extra like ti does on some platforms.

9. Are there things you dislike or are frustrated about Disney+? Please explain. - I would like to see some of the much-wanted classic content that is not on the platform added. There are inexplicable omissions!

10. Do you notice any potential problems with it? If so, what? - I do think the race for more subscribers may become problematic once you reach a saturation point. Some streaming service have struggled, but D+ is still one of the best values out there and Disney is a bit of a "Lifestyle Brand" so I think it is in good shape.

11. Was there anything surprising to you or unexpected about Disney+? - I was surprised that they started letting more mature content onto the platform. I think I would prefer if that stuff were at least behind a seperate brand, even if included.

12. Was there anything missing from Disney+ that you expected? - Again, there are some old classics, that I know have been on DVD that just aren't present. Even one of the animated canon, Make Mine Music, is not available.

13. How would you improve Disney+? - I would add more classics, and bring back the by-year search categories, which are sometimes present and sometimes not - just leave them there!

What is your age? 59
What is your gender? M
Do you have children? Two

1. When Disney+ was first released, what were you looking forward to the most? Old classic films and shows, Star Wars, Marvel new content

2. When do you usually use DIsney+ on a typical day? At night, sometimes on Saturday morning

3 Why did you subscribe to Disney+? Wanted access to old and new content and I locked in a great 3-year rate

4. What were your first impressions? Loved the content, I think the interface could be better

5. How much time do you normally spend watching DIsney+? 5- hours on average, depends on what new content is out

6. What types of things do you normally watch? Shows? Movies? Documentaries? All of the above …and I like the variety

7. Do you experience any problems finding things to watch? Tell me more about that. Yes. Sometimes it can be difficult to find content. Like all DISNEY IT, it’s crappy by design …for whatever reason.

8. What things do you like about Disney+? Please explain. It’s a great blend of content ..from classics to new originals, from films to NatGeo, and the further expansion of existing Intellectual Property

9. Are there things you dislike or are frustrated about Disney+? Please explain. Really wish they offered more classics and release, even if it’s limited timeframe, more of the Fox library

10. Do you notice any potential problems with it? If so, what? None in particular

11. Was there anything surprising to you or unexpected about Disney+? The amount of new content they’re developing …didn’t think it would be this active. And apparently they’re investing a boatload more for the future

12. Was there anything missing from Disney+ that you expected? More classics for sure from 50-70’s

13. How would you improve Disney+? Improve the Main Menu interface, bring back the decades search option -the only reasoning I can think of is that Disney doesn’t want old classics to steal revenue from new high profit investments like Marvel and Star Wars. Lets face it, there isn’t much Computer who Wore Tennis Shoes merchandise out there!

This might have better results in the Disney+ board
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll go ahead and repost there as well. And thank you for taking the time to complete this questionnaire. I appreciate it very much and enjoy learning from everyone's feedback!

Okay, I'll do it:

What is your age? 44
What is your gender? M
Do you have children? No

1. When Disney+ was first released, what were you looking forward to the most? - The availability of lost of classic Disney content

2. When do you usually use DIsney+ on a typical day? - In the evenings, but if I amworking from home over lunch too.

3 Why did you subscribe to Disney+? - For the classic Dsieny content plus new originals.

4. What were your first impressions? - I loved it - I loved being able to find everything by year.

5. How much time do you normally spend watching DIsney+? - It varies a lot, but can be from a quick episode one night up to 4 or 5 movies on a lazy Sunday.

6. What types of things do you normally watch? Shows? Movies? Documentaries? - Movies, shows, not so much documentaries unless they are Disney related. I watch all the Star Wars content, most Marvel, lots of Simpsons.

7. Do you experience any problems finding things to watch? Tell me more about that. - No. I could watch nearly everything Disney on the platform without much issue - The Simpsons back catalog alone would keep me busy for a while

8. What things do you like about Disney+? Please explain. - I love having all that content in one place, and I like that there is 4K suipport for most newer things (and even a few older films) and that doesn't cost extra like ti does on some platforms.

9. Are there things you dislike or are frustrated about Disney+? Please explain. - I would like to see some of the much-wanted classic content that is not on the platform added. There are inexplicable omissions!

10. Do you notice any potential problems with it? If so, what? - I do think the race for more subscribers may become problematic once you reach a saturation point. Some streaming service have struggled, but D+ is still one of the best values out there and Disney is a bit of a "Lifestyle Brand" so I think it is in good shape.

11. Was there anything surprising to you or unexpected about Disney+? - I was surprised that they started letting more mature content onto the platform. I think I would prefer if that stuff were at least behind a seperate brand, even if included.

12. Was there anything missing from Disney+ that you expected? - Again, there are some old classics, that I know have been on DVD that just aren't present. Even one of the animated canon, Make Mine Music, is not available.

13. How would you improve Disney+? - I would add more classics, and bring back the by-year search categories, which are sometimes present and sometimes not - just leave them there!
Thank you very much for your feedback! I, too, would love to see more of the Disney classics.

Okay, I'll do it:

What is your age? 44
What is your gender? M
Do you have children? No

Brian you realize MinUX is actually Bob Chapek -right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter