Disney saying I didn't complete the Sign-up Process

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got this worked out. I had to have the cordinator email a confirmation for me dropping off the blankets. I forwarded that to a manager at the Give a Day program. Then aobut a week later I got an email saying that each of our party members would be given the fastpasses.

It took a lot of time and talking to get someone to agree to this. I thought it was so ridiculous because we had wanted the fastpass option from the beginning, which I had told them, and those are FREE for them. I am just so glad that it all worked out in the end and that Disney held up their end of the bargain. I hope everyone else with issues gets them sorted out too!

:cool1::banana::dance3::cheer2:

i wasn't even asking for anything, but they made it clear no more people could sign up.

No, they are no longer allowing people to sign up for the Give a Day Get a Day program because there are no more vouchers left to give. You may still volunteer for any organization with the Hand On Network.

Not to add to the confusion: but from what I've read:

• Those who "just made the cut" (registered and had their volunteer opportunity confirmed before Disney closed off new GAD registrations very late in the evening of 3/5) had to have their volunteer work completed within 60 days of the cutoff.

• That date fell last Wednesday (5/5). So even if you made the registration cut, if your volunteer work wasn't done by 5/5 you won't be eligble for a voucher.

As someone who just made the cut (we completed GAD registration on 3/5 for volunteer work that didn't occur until 5/1), I can confirm Disney did deliver on its promise: we received the link to our vouchers on 5/4.

Our group of 7 signed up for the Project Linus and 1 member in our group had the dreaded words that they hadn't completed or been verified.
I worked with Carol from Project Linus (who emailed a completion of our project to Disney) and then with Disney (first with an email and then 2 phone calls).
All worked out great, but it did take alittle time.

They were very pleasant and helpful.

I feel for those of you who the program didn't work for. Things didn't go smooth for us, either. Disney made this one a little too complicated IMHO.

I signed up for my activity on the first day that they opened up the GAD program. I had actually worked with a local organization that I volunteer for regularly and asked them to sign up for the GAD program last year when it was first announced. Before it even started, this organization had been developing volunteer opportunities that would include the whole family. So, we were prepped and ready to get it done in time for our late January vacation.

I cannot remember now how it all went down, but I recall that I signed up with my regular email address and then it shut me out of the system, so I had to sign up again using another email address. I was able to add my whole family and confirm our activity.

I didn't realize I had to go back in and put in our volunteer dates. So, after we had completed our volunteer service I tried to do it and it wouldn't let me back-date the service. We were within a week of our trip at this point. We had to put in future dates and say a few prayers that our vouchers would arrive in time for our trip.

Luckily they were turning out vouchers very quickly because our vouchers arrived as we were enroute to Disney. It was a disaster averted... barely.

I'm sure there are thousands of others out there who planned trips for mid-year or later who are only finding out now (far too late) that they didn't put their dates in and are SOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter