Disney scared me by seeming to rebook me

Cassamenia

Earning My Ears
I got an email today saying Bippidy Boppidy Booked! I was so scared my daughter booked a BBB appointment when she was checking the countdown on my app last night.
Upon further review it looked like Disney JUST figured out that I booked, even though we booked and paid in full back in January for a GTY.
I quick double checked but my Palo reservation and excursions were still booked. The only change I found was Main Sitting instead of Late for dinner. When we booked Main sitting was full but I requested it just in case. Did they resend my whole booking information to tell me my dining time switched?! That information wasn't even obvious, I happened to see it. They really scared me. Nothing else seems to have changed.

I got an email today saying Bippidy Boppidy Booked! I was so scared my daughter booked a BBB appointment when she was checking the countdown on my app last night.
Upon further review it looked like Disney JUST figured out that I booked, even though we booked and paid in full back in January for a GTY.
I quick double checked but my Palo reservation and excursions were still booked. The only change I found was Main Sitting instead of Late for dinner. When we booked Main sitting was full but I requested it just in case. Did they resend my whole booking information to tell me my dining time switched?! That information wasn't even obvious, I happened to see it. They really scared me. Nothing else seems to have changed.
This happened to a few people on our April 28 Wish cruise. It didn't happen to me, but I do recall a few people in our cruise group having similar freak outs and then realizing it was just a glitch. I've never had my dining time switched so I can't speak to how that gets handled, unfortunately.

Did they resend my whole booking information to tell me my dining time switched?
I've got it randomly (or what has seemed randomly in the past), like IT suddenly reset something and a bunch of thanks for booking emails go out. Not lately though.

I got a confirmation when we originally booked in April and I just got another a few weeks ago. The only difference I saw was a port time departure change.

I got one of those emails too right before our last cruise. Look to see if you received a port fee refund. That seemed to trigger the email for us.

😅. Cute title on their email, but a bit disconcerting, too. Computer-generated email when that dining changed. And typically, the change is not highlighted nor explained.

At least - congrats on getting your preferred dining time!

Thanks @auntlynne After worrying that I would need to cancel a BBB appointment that my daughter would have made (wishful thinking on her part). I was then worried that I would have to repay for my GTY cruise, but I am still paid in full. @disneyfaninaz I will check for a port fee refund!

Yes, they resend a confirmation email when anything on the reservation changes. So yours was because your dining time changed. Some people will get them if port fees change. I was also confused the first time I got one and thought it was a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique confirmation.

. I've never had my dining time switched so I can't speak to how that gets handled, unfortunately.
We never got any notification when our dining time changed in January. I was just looking online at something and suddenly saw that dining was at the early time. I thought it was an error until I realized our friends whose reservation we were linked to had probably asked for it. I mentioned it to her a few days later and she hadn't even known it had changed so she didn't get any notification either.

I do think that there are some set times or other triggers when they send out notifications, e.g., reminders to book excursions, etc. Or it could have been a glitch that just sent out a reminder. As long as everything is still in the OP's reservation, just assume someone - or the system - got a little trigger happy.

Welcome to the Disney IT experience lol. Luckily Disney's great guest service team makes up for the outsourced IT department and there normally are no long term issues when things like this happen. Someone probably just forgot to hit a "suppress notifications" box when fiddling with something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter