Disney Shopping News

Would you be interested in a Shopping News board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cast (Opening Day to Now) Reflect on 35 Years of Disney’s Hollywood Studios

by Lianna Riley, Communications Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

From 1989 to today, every day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been an adventure. As we roll out the red carpet and prepare to celebrate 35 years of action at this ever-evolving theme park, I asked my fellow cast members to walk down memory lane with me. Here are some of their favorite Disney Cast Life moments from the last few decades... 

(Click link for the rest of the story)

Disney Cast Life Moments at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Nothing can stop us now! From 1989 to today we are still celebrating countless adventures and the cast members that help bring them to life at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and beyond.

“A huge highlight for me was working with a team at Hollywood Studios that was supportive of my career development while I was working toward my master’s degree with Disney Aspire. I look back knowing that Studios made my dreams a reality and led me to where I am today.”Rachel, Organizational Management

These stories are the reasons I love Disney’s Hollywood Studios. From the very beginning, we’ve been bringing pop culture, trends and thrills to life. And we’re not done yet! With exciting things ahead, including new experiences recently added to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, an upcoming limited-time summer activation with “Inside Out 2,” and the all-new Little Mermaid: A Musical Adventure coming this fall, the magic is full-speed ahead. 

Disney's Hollywood Studios 35th Anniversary

As we celebrate 35 years of magic and adventure, join us on May 1 for Disney’s Hollywood Studios 35th anniversary celebration at 11 a.m. at Theater of the Stars for a special moment.  

Disney's Hollywood Studios 35th Anniversary

And starting May 1, you can rock the new exclusive Disney’s Hollywood Studios 35th Anniversary merchandise collection, available for a limited time at Stage 1 Company Store. This collection includes t-shirts, a Loungefly backpack, an exclusive pin and more!

Looking to purchase merchandise from this collection? An opportunity to do so will take place on May 1st at Stage 1 Company Store in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. A virtual queue* will be in place. You can request to join beginning at 7AM ET on May 1st. To learn more about this virtual queue, please visit Disneyworld.com/virtualqueue. Plus, you can also enjoy the convenient features of merchandise mobile checkout while shopping!

Happy anniversary, Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Here’s to the next 35 years of adventure, excitement and endless possibilities! 

Stay tuned for more stories, more memories and more magic as we continue to celebrate the legacy of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.  

*Merchandise is subject to availability and inventory may sell out. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee access to this event. Purchasing limits apply. To enter Disney’s Hollywood Studios, valid admission and theme park reservation (if applicable) required.

Savi’s Workshop Custom Lightsaber and Droid Depot Build-A-Droid Experiences Now Require Pre-Paid Booking

The Savi’s Workshop Handbuilt Custom Lightsabers experience and the Droid Depot Build-a-Droid experience have changed booking policies at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Both Star Wars Land upcharge experiences moved from a credit card guarantee to pre-paid experiences recently. Previously, both experiences required a credit card guarantee when booking, and then full payment was required at the location before you began the experience. By moving to a pre-paid booking, guests will be charged at the time of booking, and simply be required to check-in 5-10 minutes before the reservation time.

The products, add-ons, and pricing of the experiences have not changed as part of the pre-paid booking update. The 24-hour cancelation policy also remains in place.

I'm not mad at this, and I'm sure it's due to people not showing up, but I am still mad that Florida's build is $25 more dollars even though it doesn't sell out very much. May the 4th is the only day that's sold out from May 4-10.

MickeyBlog- Instagram

Pixar Fest 2024 Merch Preview 🚨

Celebrating Friendship and Beyond 💫

We received a sneak peek of the NEW Pixar Fest 2024 merchandise ✨

Some of the new merchandise includes a Pixar Planet Truck popcorn bucket, water bottle, apparel, Lug bag, bucket hat, and new interchangeable character headbands!

Pixar Fest 2024 runs from April 26 - August 4, 2024!

1714005274071.png1714005286338.png1714005299689.png1714005311483.png1714005323580.png1714005335481.png1714005346645.png1714005384793.png

New Teal MagicBand+ Debuts for Disney Vacation Club Owners

Earlier this month, we got our first look at DVC member merchandise with a teal green color scheme. The roster includes Mickey Mouse ears, pins and a Loungefly backpack. And now there is also a MagicBand to match.

Spotted at Disney's Riviera Resort, this band features Mickey Mouse on the face, running frantically with his suitcases. Surrounding text reads "Disney Vacation Club Member", "A Vacation of Adventure", and the 1991 founding date of the original DVC resort: Disney's Old Key West Resort. The band has a number of different DVC logo designs which have been used in recent years.

1714044077019.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter