Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

There is a new boutique hotel coming near the Swan and Dolphin resorts. The Swan and Dolphin are often merged together as the Swolphin when people discuss them. On here we were guessing at what animal would be used for this new hotel and a Wolverine was one option ... so merging that all together it becomes the "Swolverine"
That is still a rumor, yes? No official announcement?

Yipes some of those photos sure do show a con to the skyliner. Hopefully it proves to be as undisturbing as possible but still kinda would suck to sit outside in the balcony and have a large pole right next to you.
Those are the outdoor hallways, so not really supposed to just sit out there. There are rooms at the monorail resorts where the monorail cement is the view, so this isn't hugely different.

The gondola permit showed that this area was just going to be cleared and covered in gravel. I assumed at the time it was going to be a staging area for the gondola project but that doesn't seem to be needed at this point.

Wonder if it will be the staging area/construction parking for the upcoming World Showcase projects? The fire dept bridge to Avenue of the Stars is next to it making it pretty much the shortest route to most of those projects. Test Track could provide a challenge for bringing anything oversized in the Overpass Rd backstage entrance. Otherwise oversized would have to go thru cast parking.

Storage for the F&W kiosks is another possibility as that is presently done where the Rat is going.

Last edited:
I agree. I don’t think they all will. Just hope the most disruptive ones near the resorts like those photographed next to the Caribbean Beach.

The one near international gateway is painted, so I assume any one that is going to be painted will be painted before it is put up.

I can't see them leaving some not painted. Perhaps different color depending on the environment? Wouldn't they need to paint them as a form of anti-corrosion protection?
I don’t think they have to paint them if they don’t want to.

I can't see them leaving some not painted. Perhaps different color depending on the environment? Wouldn't they need to paint them as a form of anti-corrosion protection?
They look like they are galvanized from the pictures, which provides the anti-corrosion protection. Galvanizing is much better than paint for corrosion, actually, and IIRC you can't paint over galvanized metal (at least not well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter