• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

They are higher than that probably closer to 50-60 feet at the high points.
It looks like the highest part is the leg between CBR Trinidad & Riviera, where the cabins pass over the roofs of the CBR rooms. Room buildings at CBR are 3-4 stories high when you include the attics and decorative towers, so if the cabins are clearing them by just 10 feet, they're around 50 feet above the ground.

I'm thinking the Skyliner should give a good fireworks view as you come into / leave Epcot.

Always fun to try to time it right now on the monorail so you come in and do that loop around Future World which watching Illuminations going off ... will be interested to see how much you can see from the Gondolas vs what is blocked off. Definitely any fireworks up in the air will be seen, but not sure how much of the new show will have that vs other technology

Always fun to try to time it right now on the monorail so you come in and do that loop around Future World which watching Illuminations going off ... will be interested to see how much you can see from the Gondolas vs what is blocked off. Definitely any fireworks up in the air will be seen, but not sure how much of the new show will have that vs other technology
One of my fondest memories was way back when we could ride in the front of the monorail. My niece and I were up there and not only were we there when Illuminations started but the driver actually stopped the monorail for a few minutes so we (and all the other guests on it) could enjoy that extra special moment!

One of my fondest memories was way back when we could ride in the front of the monorail. My niece and I were up there and not only were we there when Illuminations started but the driver actually stopped the monorail for a few minutes so we (and all the other guests on it) could enjoy that extra special moment!

wow, that's amazing!

My son is on my to go back to Disneyland ... with the main motivation being that he loved he got to ride in the front of the Monorail there and wants to do it again. Doesn't care about Galaxy's Edge or anything else, just riding in the front of the monorail

I think the Skyliner map indicates some strange choices made. Given distance and what would be traversed, I don't understand why they didn't connect the BW parking lot 90° turn to Hollywood Studios. It seems to me that it would have made more sense making AoA/Pop Century - to - Caribbean Beach - to - a 110° turn/loading/unloading station at Riviera - to - some kind of hub station in the BoardWalk parking lot, from which guests would switch to short runs to either of the two parks. That would have made it a little shorter overall and left more wetlands undisturbed. I know that they needed a yard, but they could have used the BoardWalk parking lot for that, replacing the capacity with a parking deck. The only thing I can think of was that this way, with the yard at Caribbean Beach, it's a shorter run to clear the cable in case of a coming storm.
Then you are building 4 lines instead of 3 and you eat the BW parking lot if you put 4 stations in that lot. Plus you create a huge bottle neck at closing time when two parks worth of guests to 20-25% of on property rooms would have to go thru that hub.

My question is, how do you keep Pop and AoA guests from overrunning CB amenities if it gets that easy to move between the three?

Last edited:
My question is, how do you keep Pop and AoA guests from overrunning CB amenities if it gets that easy to move between the three?
The only amenity I think would see an increase would be Sebastians and possibly Spyglass Grill....and with Sebastians they would need an ADR most likely. Now, I would like to keep Spyglass Grill a secret because it could happen that it would get crowded as it isn't terribly far from the CBR hub, right?

Then you are building 4 lines instead of 3 and you eat the BW parking lot if you put 4 stations in that lot. Plus you create a huge bottle neck at closing time when two parks worth of guests to 20-25% of on property rooms would have to go thru that hub.

We’re staying at POP in September and I have 0% interest in anything at CBR.

The only amenity I think would see an increase would be Sebastians and possibly Spyglass Grill....and with Sebastians they would need an ADR most likely. Now, I would like to keep Spyglass Grill a secret because it could happen that it would get crowded as it isn't terribly far from the CBR hub, right?
I’d imagine an increase in “outsiders”. 1 more hop brings the guest to Epcot/Boardwalk area, so the Skyluner doesn’t just open up CBR to more guests.

I was thinking more of the featured pool(s) and beach campfire. PoP and AoA guests are going to be selective with TS meals.

I was thinking more of the featured pool(s) and beach campfire. PoP and AoA guests are going to be selective with TS meals.
Pool hopping isn't allowed, so you don't have to worry about that. We were booked at CBR and ended up switching because I really prefer Pop, especially now that their rooms have been renovated. There is really nothing at CBR that interests me, including the new dining options. I'm just as worried AoA will get "overrun" by CBR people coming over to stroll around, take pictures of all the decorations, and eat at one of the best (if not THE best) resort quick service restaurants on property.

But honestly, I think overall it'll be a total non-issue.

We’re staying at POP in September and I have 0% interest in anything at CBR.
What is it that you like about Pop that isn't available at CBR? Or is it something else?

What is it that you like about Pop that isn't available at CBR? Or is it something else?
LOL - Pop fans tend to love everything that Pop has to offer!!

Bright, fun grounds! 3 great pools! Newly refurbished rooms with queen sized beds and tons of storage! PRICE! Dedicated buses....and so much more!! Even if it were the same price, personally I have zero interest in CBR. Many love it but many love Pop too and it's much less expensive. Also CBR has much larger grounds. There is nothing at Pop that is too far from buses, food court, pools and more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter