Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Finally got to see these in person today. The cabins look great up there. It’s still a little “jarring” to see the landscape change but I’m sure in no time I’ll forget what it looked like without them.

Sounds great, and I’ve read every page. My questions is, are they air conditioned?
I, too, have read every page and can categorically state that I'm not sure.
No they aren't they have vents at the bottom and the windows can be opened to add more ventilation. Also don't forget they are above the ground where it can be cooler than the ground temperature plus they are also going to be moving constantly well on the line.

Are there any rumors on when the EPCOT line will be opened? That’s the one I really wanted to use! I’m holding zero hope for my September 9-16th trip...

Are there any rumors on when the EPCOT line will be opened? That’s the one I really wanted to use! I’m holding zero hope for my September 9-16th trip...
When the hotel on the line opens or some after. I forgot the name of it

I'm hoping they don't wait. They could open the line and not even stop [presumably just slow down] going through Riviera station if they needed to.

SW
They're not expected to stop even after the hotel is open, They'll just need to slow down enough for riders to deboard & board. The deceleration from cable speed to loading speed and acceleration back to cable speed may be fixed in relation to cable speed, and not adjustable.

All they need to do is disable the door opening mechanism, so the cabins pass thru just as if they were loading, but the doors stay closed.

The only thing I could see that would hold up the Epcot line opening is the work on the International Gateway entrance. I know some people have suggested that they would wait until the outside construction on the Rat area is complete, but I don't see that being done until well into next year and I can't see them waiting that long.

The only thing I could see that would hold up the Epcot line opening is the work on the International Gateway entrance. I know some people have suggested that they would wait until the outside construction on the Rat area is complete, but I don't see that being done until well into next year and I can't see them waiting that long.
And that work on IG is behind currently.

Having ridden Living With The Land or It's A Small World you may recall how CMs vary the speed of the boats through the boarding and alighting areas. A similar technique can be used to better handle wheelchair guests, including moving some gondolas a little faster here and there under manual control so other gondolas can come to a complete stop somewhere.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority peoplemover exemplifies unsupervised automatic slowing down at a station and picking up speed when leaving, although CMs can do a manual stop in an emergency.

Further improvement is had if wheelchair guests remained facing the side wall or the doors rather than turning up to 90 degrees after entering and having to turn again to exit..

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter