Disney Tickets

darren123

Mouseketeer
.... Do not forget to buy your Disney Tickets soon as they may go up in price on Sunday

Yeah, thanks for the reminder Darren.

I am going into Flight Centre tomorrow armed with my Expedia quotes and all my $20 vouchers to buy the kids park hoppers.

I am going to be getting myself an annual pass :cheer2:. The price is not too much different to the 14 day hopper that I would be getting anyway. And seeing as we will be doing 2 tours, and with all the food/restaurant discounts it will definately end up saving me money. The only thing I am not sure about is that someone in the DL section said that if you buy your AP's too far ahead then the voucher expires - that is sooooo dumb :confused3

xxx

Yeah, thanks for the reminder Darren.

I am going into Flight Centre tomorrow armed with my Expedia quotes and all my $20 vouchers to buy the kids park hoppers.

I am going to be getting myself an annual pass :cheer2:. The price is not too much different to the 14 day hopper that I would be getting anyway. And seeing as we will be doing 2 tours, and with all the food/restaurant discounts it will definately end up saving me money. The only thing I am not sure about is that someone in the DL section said that if you buy your AP's too far ahead then the voucher expires - that is sooooo dumb :confused3

xxx

It will say how long the voucher takes to expire in the terms and conditions :thumbsup2 but I have read of people buying them a year in advance.

Such a great idea getting the AP. The rest of the family got the 14 day pass and I got the AP. It more than paid for itself with all of the discounts (just make sure that there are not any blackout days when you want to go :thumbsup2 ) But I think the pass was a bargain and saved us money! We were there for 15 nights and there was a special on and it was 20% off merchandise and I think 15% off food. We used it to get the discount off the holiday tour, got discounts on all of our souvenirs, food (and you can use it for discounts at Rainforest Cafe and ESPN too), photos (the ones that they take at Goofy's and PCH Grill breakfast). I was going to use it for the accommodation discount too but the current general public special was better than the AP rates.

Thanks aussietravellers.

I am glad to hear that you actually did save money with the AP and I am not just deluding myself. We are planning on doing the Holiday Tour and also another one - I think it is called Discover the Magic or something. I am also thinking that we might just do all of the character meals seeing as I don't know if, or when we will be going back.

I have checked all the blockout days and there are none at all during the period we will be going.

I figured that the expiry will be written in the terms and conditions but I can't get to the terms and conditions on the Disneyland site. I think that maybe you can't read them until you actually make the purchase :confused3

Will try looking again.

xxx

Thanks aussietravellers.

I am glad to hear that you actually did save money with the AP and I am not just deluding myself. We are planning on doing the Holiday Tour and also another one - I think it is called Discover the Magic or something. I am also thinking that we might just do all of the character meals seeing as I don't know if, or when we will be going back.

I have checked all the blockout days and there are none at all during the period we will be going.

I figured that the expiry will be written in the terms and conditions but I can't get to the terms and conditions on the Disneyland site. I think that maybe you can't read them until you actually make the purchase :confused3

Will try looking again.

xxx

I'll have a look in a minute, I'll go into the AP area and see if it's there :thumbsup2

Oh and once you have your voucher you can access the AP area (although I know over on the Disneyland board they say you can't sometimes) but I have done it. Then when I got back I logged in and updated the voucher number to the number on the AP card :thumbsup2

Thanks aussietravellers.

Will try looking again.

xxx

Good News. I just thought I would go and check my travel email folder to see if I actually still had the email with the voucher. And :cool1: I did....

So I purchased the AP voucher on 2nd December 2010 and the voucher expires on 3rd Jan 2011, so the voucher is valid for 13 months :thumbsup2

Oh wow, thanks soooooo much aussietravellers.

I am going to buy my AP tonight - OMG - Woohoo :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

xxx

How exciting!

We did lots of character meals also, the only one we didn't do was Ariel's Grotto. We actually did Goofy's twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner (liked the breakfast better) and went to PCH Grill twice, but we went on the last morning of when it was Lilo and Stitch and then wen't when it became Mickey's breakfast. But it was great having the AP and getting the discount :thumbsup2

OMG :cheer2: OMG :cheer2:OMG :cheer2:...............I just bought my AP. I am just beyond excited :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

It is seeming more real now. Almost at double digit countdown. Going to get kids hoppers tomorrow - I wanna scream!!!!! Too excited :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks aussietravellers for the info. I have until 3rd Jan to redeem the voucher :yay::yay::yay:

xxx

Hi All,

This is my first post here but am enjoying reading everyones tips and tricks for Disney!

We are heading to Disneyland for 2 weeks over Halloween:cheer2:. I'm just wondering where you buy your annual passes from? Do you use the Disney website?
Also what is the price difference from the 14 day park hopper on Expedia approximently?

I'm thinking it might be worth getting one AP and a 14 day park hopper.

Thanks!

Welcome disneyaussie:welcome:

I think the only place to buy annual passes from is directly from the Disneyland website. That is where I just got mine from. The cost is not too much more than the 14 day hopper (USD $299 compared to AUD $238 for the hopper). I guess it is only worth it if you will make up the difference in savings.

So if you will use the AP to get a discount on your accommodation, if you will use it to get a discount on tours (if you are going over halloween check out the Trick or treat party) and dining and maybe merchandise.

It is definately worthwhile for me and my family :thumbsup2

xxx

Welcome disneyaussie,
Time to do the happy dance aussiegirls,
Great to see the Aussie Dollar at .90 cents today I remember when we first went over and the Dollar was .54 cents ouch and in 2008 it was .96 cents, hopefully we will see the same again.

Got our Disneyland 14 day, Universal Studio and Magic Mountain tickets today and Booked our flights on Friday glad I did because they have gone up by $200 today.

OMG :cheer2: OMG :cheer2:OMG :cheer2:...............I just bought my AP. I am just beyond excited :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

It is seeming more real now. Almost at double digit countdown. Going to get kids hoppers tomorrow - I wanna scream!!!!! Too excited :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks aussietravellers for the info. I have until 3rd Jan to redeem the voucher :yay::yay::yay:

xxx

That is so exciting :yay: , makes it seem so close when you are buying tickets :banana:

They didn't give much time to use the voucher though did they, if your voucher expires on 3rd Jan too, wonder why I was given 13 months and you were given just over 6 months :confused3 Doesn't matter I suppose as you have enough time to use it :cool1:

Hi All,

This is my first post here but am enjoying reading everyones tips and tricks for Disney!

We are heading to Disneyland for 2 weeks over Halloween:cheer2:. I'm just wondering where you buy your annual passes from? Do you use the Disney website?
Also what is the price difference from the 14 day park hopper on Expedia approximently?

I'm thinking it might be worth getting one AP and a 14 day park hopper.

Thanks!

:welcome: to the boards disneyaussie!

When you buy the AP through the Disneyland website they will send you a voucher by email and your 12 month AP does not start until you actually redeem the voucher, the 12 months does not start when you buy the voucher :thumbsup2
When you get to Disneyland you go to the turnstyles and present your voucher. They will scan it and give you a day ticket. You then go to the Annual Pass building inside Disneyland Park and they will issue you with your AP. You can go to the AP building at any time during the day, you don't have to go straight there as the day ticket will work for fastpasses during the day. We went on park opening as our flight arrived in LA early and we were at the hotel, checked in and to Disneyland by rope drop. So we went straight to the AP building and there wasn't a queue at all, the queue can apparantly get very long during the day.

Also with the 14 day passes that you buy through Expedia, you are given a voucher also for those. If you are staying at one of the three Disneyland hotels you can hand that voucher to them when you check in and they will exchange it for a ticket right there for you :thumbsup2 If you are not staying at one of the Disneyland hotels then I assume you will have to take it to a ticket booth or maybe guest relations outside the park :confused3

Hi there
We are visiting in Oct and I have been reading thru the DL forum. I have just discovered the Aussie board. Yay!
I was wondering if anyone would know where the best place to buy a 3 day hopper pass would be? Locally, Disney direct or somewhere else?
TIA!

Welcome aliceinoz :welcome:

Personally, I have found the best way to save money on a parkhopper is to find the cheapest quote you can (usually expedia.com.au) and then take it into Flight Centre and buy it over the counter with their price match. They will beat the quoted price by $1 per ticket and also give you a $20 FC voucher per person that you can use to buy something else.

When are you going? For the next little while Disney has a buy a 3 day parkhopper and receive a 5 day one, deal going on. You can also take advantage of that deal through the FC price match thingy.

Good luck:goodvibes

xxx

Thanks so much for your quick reply!
We are going in October, so unfortunately we will miss out on that deal. But thanks for the info on FC! I didn't realise they just sold the tickets, I thought I would have had to got my flights and or accom there as well.
We would def. use the $20 for something else. I still need to arrange some San Deigo tours and transfers as well.
Thanks again!

October at Disneyland is sooooo much fun, you will love it :goodvibes I don't know if you have any kids or not but I reckon that if you are going to be there over the Halloween season the Trick or Treat party in Disneyland can't be missed.

We went last year when it was at CA and thought it was definately worth the extra ticket price. Loved it, loved it, loved it. And it was so much fun to try all the american candy that we never otherwise would have had a chance to try. :yay:

xxx

Yes, I have 2 boys (8/6yrs). We are def. doing the Halloween Party. I already have our tickets for that. It looks like so much fun. I think the boys are looking forward to that the most.:cool1: And probably me too! lol

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, if I bought Disneyworld tickets today from Undercovertourist or similar for our trip next year, that would mean that I couldn't then book a package with Disney, isn't that right? I'm still holding out hope that free dining will be on offer when we stay so I think I'd have to be booking a package including tickets to get that. Even if I want to buy the Disney Dining Plan, I have to be booking a package including tickets. Is that correct? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter