Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do split stays almost every trip (we own at two DVC resorts) so this news is obviously distressing. I understand there is still much to come about this, but I'm wondering if I need to make back-up reservations for our length of stay for our Nov. 2019 and Jan. 2020 trips just in case we decide to go the one-resort route instead. Am I allowed to hold both a DVC reservation and a non-DVC hotel reservation for the same time period under the same names?

Yes you can have both at the same time with the same names. You may want to follow the DVC boards, things have been very inconsistent there too, but many MS CMs have said that DVC split stays will be treated as continuous. I would keep an eye on the DVC side specifically to see how it all shapes up for DVC split stays as it may be different from cash stays, even though right now it all just seems to be an IT mess.

But didn't they also say that if you needed to change your reservation, you needed to be sure your reservation dates covered your FPs or you would lose them.... sorry if I remember this incorrectly, we've been around the block with this nonsense for a while now, and it's hard to remember way back when it started.....
Again, Disney didn’t say anything. There is an alert that fires re FP cancellation when you cancel an onsite room reservation. While this alert may fire inconsistently, it’s not new.

This all started with a tweet that said Disney was going to cancel FPs if you cancelled your resort stay. So far that hasn’t been the case. In the mean time a new issue with split stays has popped up as well as a glitch where people have been able to book before 60 days.

And now, according to another forum, TA’s are now telling their clients to book their fp’s early. So far it’s just those who frequent Disney info sites, not any more. I feel for those who have to wait to book and will be competing with those who booked long before they were supposed. I’m lucky, my date to book was early enough that I wasn’t affected.

And now, according to another forum, TA’s are now telling their clients to book their fp’s early. So far it’s just those who frequent Disney info sites, not any more. I feel for those who have to wait to book and will be competing with those who booked long before they were supposed. I’m lucky, my date to book was early enough that I wasn’t affected.
Personally I see it as if you are able to use the glitch to your advantage why not? I know it’s unfortunate for others but I surely would do it if I had a trip soon.

Personally I see it as if you are able to use the glitch to your advantage why not? I know it’s unfortunate for others but I surely would do it if I had a trip soon.

To each their own. I chose not to even look past the first time out of curiosity. It ended up that I would’ve wasted a lot of time. Availability was excellent, got FOP, SDD and SDMT several times over the course of our stay and I don’t have to worry about any consequences that might come up.

I expect that a lot of people would exploit any loophole they can find. I expect Disney to take care of it- which they have failed to do. Hopefully now that it’s becoming common knowledge, they will.

I have a split stay(1/3) booked from 4/27- 5/1. I booked within the 60 day window, so it was all open at once. I wasn't going to bother with hard to get or early FP because I only had my AP, but no tix for family. After I saw that someone here got Slinky, I looked last night and got one for 4/30. There were lots of times to choose from, so I feel like something changed to increase availability.

Another update - as suggested - I tried to modify my FP on the website instead of the app and I was NOT able to.

It gives me the following message:
Sorry, We are unable to finalize this FP+ selection so you will have to start over.

I tried changing the time at Buzz and also changing to a new attraction.

Thanks for doing the leg work and reporting back!
So it finally recognizes to some degree that there is no ressie on that day. I wonder if ya booked that day again would it let you modify it in a day or so?
Thanks.

I know of one glitch that I have used on the last 3 visits. It's completely legit and not against Disneys TOS. It's the easiest way to get FP+ and stress free. But I keep it a secret for now ;)

Disney typically does not let you drop days off a reservation like that any more. They do on exception sometimes, but for the last few years it has required complete rebooking.
I worried about this. I had ADRs and free dining. I shortened trip and they were able to keep everything the same when I called in (I could not make the changes myself). This is way before fast passes. If cracking down...that will make it difficult for normal people to make changes.

Personally I see it as if you are able to use the glitch to your advantage why not?

Amen. I have always liked you, fellow FP strategist.

But really, if your window magically opens early, one would be crazy not to use the early opened window. Crazy, I tell ya. I do understand why people would be against someone taking action to open the window early. But in the case it magically opens, I don't see how that isn't fair game for all.

Last edited:
Amen. I have always liked you, fellow FP strategist.

But really, if your window magically opens early, one would be crazy not to use the early opened window. Crazy, I tell ya. I do understand why people would be against someone taking action to open the window early. But in the case it magically opens, I don't see how that isn't fair game for all.
I guess that's like getting unasked for "pixie dust".... who would be silly enough to not just say "Thank you" and use it if offered?

I guess that's like getting unasked for "pixie dust".... who would be silly enough to not just say "Thank you" and use it if offered?

DD8 was the only kid who wanted to go on HM with me. As we were leaving a CM offered her a Mickey bar. Was that unfair to her siblings. Sure. Did I let her have it anyway. Yes. I wouldn't have bought her one but as you say, pixie dust.

DD8 was the only kid who wanted to go on HM with me. As we were leaving a CM offered her a Mickey bar. Was that unfair to her siblings. Sure. Did I let her have it anyway. Yes. I wouldn't have bought her one but as you say, pixie dust.

As I tell my kids on a daily basis, "life isn't fair". It's a good lesson that everyone has to learn at some point...

I know of one glitch that I have used on the last 3 visits. It's completely legit and not against Disneys TOS. It's the easiest way to get FP+ and stress free. But I keep it a secret for now ;)
I recently read of a hack that I want to try. Also, completely legitimate if it works. Unfortunately, the way I have my FPs scheduled for my upcoming visit, there’s not going to be an opportunity to see if it flies this time around.

Maybe this is just me, but I also got the "Sorry, We are unable to finalize this FP+ selection so you will have to start over." This was when I was using the glitch to book all of my FPs early. Quite frankly, it didn't mean anything...because when I signed in and out enough times, I no longer got that message and was able to "confirm" the FPs. I don't think that particular error message is a sign of anything except for IT issues. FWIW, I've been able to book all of my FPs through the glitch of the 74-day rolling window. If anyone is curious and they have a half-hour to kill, it's worth a shot! (I've been averaging 1/2 an hour's worth of time to book three FPs each day.)

Which one???
Admittedly, it’s nt a particular stellar hack. This isn’t for booking early or getting those hard to get FPs. It’s just a method for getting more FPs in a day. And it assumes that you can modify your 3rd FP while standing in line for your first. Plus, you’ve got to be willing to take whatever comes along. It involves moving FPs up once you’ve tapped in at your first attraction. The premise is that once you’ve tapped in, you are no longer restricted from holding another FP that fits in that same window. So, let’s say that you have:
9:05-10:05 Jungle Cruise
11:30- 12:30 - BTMRR
12:30- 1:30 POTC​

Note the time gap between the first and second FP. This is important and you’ll see why in a moment.

Hit JC at the beginning of the FP window. Tap in at JC and while in line, modify the POTC FP for any time from 9:10 on. If you can’t get POTC, look for any experience that is available before the next FP without overlapping. This is why you left a 1.5 hour ga between FP #1 and FP #2. The closer to the current time, the better. Enjoy JC and then wander over to your next FP attraction where your window is already open. Tap in and then modify BTMRR while you’re in line. Again, swap out for a different experience if you can’t get a time close to the current time.

After tapping in at the last FP, you’re now free to book a 4th FP. You’re ahead of anyone who booked consecutive FPs (i.e. 9:05 JC, 10:05 POTC, 11:05 BTMRR) because you just did 3 FP attractions in a matter of 2 hours instead of 3+. After that, it’s refresh, refresh, refresh to get your 5th, 6th or even 7th FP but the key is to always be at the attraction when your window opens so that you can book or modify that next FP while standing in line.

While MK is the easiest place to put this to the test just because of the large number of attractions, this also plays to your advantage at the parks with tiered FPs. You’re clearing those tier #2 FPs from your account more quickly, giving you the chance to book another tier #1 FP as your 4th FP before most other guests finish their 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter