Disney/Universal jumpin' on the wagon?

gijane

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
Does anyone know or have heard that Disney and Universal are starting a "Hero's" program? Someone told me they will be following suit with Anheizer Busch. Supposedly it's to be started next week. Guess I'll just have to go back!!! LOL!! Debbie =:>)

Disney isn't quite matching Anheuser Busch's offer and being as generous. You have to pay 50 percent for immediate family members under Disney's program. Busch's program allows immediate family in for free. Busch also gives out coupons for discounted park purchases.

Hi Robin,
I'm glad that Disney is finally going to support our "heroes". Do you know what they decided to do? What about Universal? This will certainly drum up some business they otherwise wouldn't get.
I'd probably take advantage of it, whereas I wouldn't be going back for a few years. Especially with the airlines giving such good deals now.:bounce:
Debbie =:>)

Hi Pomcoach,

Anheuser Busch is giving "heroes" (firemen, EMT's, police, military, etc..) a free pass for the remainer of this year. The first time you use it at any of the parks they own (Discovery excluded) you and your guests get in for free. Then your family gets 25% off of future admissions. They also give you other cupoons to use for games, food, gift shops. Speaking of which...I did not use my coupons so if anyone would like them, e-mail me. I think they expire by 31 Dec. So let me know if you are going soon. Take care, Debbie =:>) Gijane99@msn.com please add Disney subject line. With all the viruses going around I won't open it unless I know who it's from. Thanks

Hi, Debbie:

Here's a link to the post on the Universal board giving the info on this salute to heroes. Hope that helps!

I feel a little foolish not being able to figure that one out! Well, I'm with Disney and Universal. Our heroes need to be rewarded! A lot of our public servants don't get the respect they deserve, so every little bit helps! Pomcoach:bounce:

Does anyone know if this is also for volunteer fire members or does it have to be a paid position?

Hi Jcanary,
I know Sea world was honoring "Heroes" and they DID include volunteer personnel as long as you had and ID or something to prove it. But of course that's Anheiser Busch and they are big supporters of the military and the USA!!!! GO BUD!!!! Debbie =:>)
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

From what I could find Disney is only offering this program to active duty armed forces personell. Universal is offering it to the military as well as police/fie and ems. Their website states that it does include volunteers.

Disney is also offering it to National Guard/Reservists if they have activation orders with them.

Does anyone have more information on what Disney is offering? My husband is active duty. We were just there in July but I know I could talk him into a few days if this is really true!

I'm not sure where the link is, but I can give you some brief information.

Active duty member gets a free 7 day hopper plus. Active duty member can buy up to 5 additional tickets at 50% off. There are some great resort deals also. All Stars for $49/night plus tax, moderates for $84/night plus tax, for up to 6 nights. This offer is good from 1 Jan - 20 Apr 2002.

It didn't take too much to convince DH to go along with it, we are going in mid-March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter