Disney Visa?

SeanSD

Mouseketeer
Assuming no but thought I would check if the Disney visa offers any discount at TDR or Disney stores in Japan. I wouldn’t think so since park isn’t owned by Disney but thought I would check. Going first week in October which looks to finally be cooling down.

Assuming no but thought I would check if the Disney visa offers any discount at TDR or Disney stores in Japan. I wouldn’t think so since park isn’t owned by Disney but thought I would check. Going first week in October which looks to finally be cooling down.
  • What kind of Theme Park perks can I enjoy with my Disney® Visa® Card?​

Disney® Visa® Cardmembers can use their Disney Visa Card to enjoy perks including savings on select merchandise and dining purchases, access to Disney and Star WarsPhoto Opportunities at exclusive Cardmember locations, and more when visiting Walt Disney World®Resort and the Disneyland®Resort.12 For more details about your Theme Park perks, please go to the Walt Disney World®Resort page or the Disneyland® Resort page.

No. The Disney Visa discounts and benefits only apply to the US parks, US resorts, US stores and Cruise lines.

There are no benefits for any of the Disney parks or stores outside of the US with the exception of rare special deals when booking through your vacation involving a non-US Disney park through Adventures by Disney. Since the Disney Visa has a foreign transaction fee, avoid using it in Japan unless you really have no other methods to pay for things.

No. The Disney Visa discounts and benefits only apply to the US parks, US resorts, US stores and Cruise lines.

There are no benefits for any of the Disney parks or stores outside of the US with the exception of rare special deals when booking through your vacation involving a non-US Disney park through Adventures by Disney. Since the Disney Visa has a foreign transaction fee, avoid using it in Japan unless you really have no other methods to pay for things.
What is the best card to use for visiting Japan? Or do all/most have this fee?

What is the best card to use for visiting Japan? Or do all/most have this fee?

For Americans visiting Tokyo Disney, the Capital One SavorOne is a good option. No foreign transaction fee and no annual fee. Plus, it's a Mastercard which means it gives about a 0.4% better exchange rate than Visa on the depreciating yen. It gives 3% cash back on at Tokyo Disney where pretty much all money spent in the parks gets categorized as "entertainment". It also gets 3% back on dining outside the parks. If you're able to book the hotel(s) you want for your trip through Capital One's travel portal, you'd get 5% back on that but the travel portal price is not always the best price.

For Americans visiting Tokyo Disney, the Capital One SavorOne is a good option. No foreign transaction fee and no annual fee. Plus, it's a Mastercard which means it gives about a 0.4% better exchange rate than Visa on the depreciating yen. It gives 3% cash back on at Tokyo Disney where pretty much all money spent in the parks gets categorized as "entertainment". It also gets 3% back on dining outside the parks. If you're able to book the hotel(s) you want for your trip through Capital One's travel portal, you'd get 5% back on that but the travel portal price is not always the best price.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter