Disney Wish- Concierge Deck 11 vs. Deck 12?

Rachel GB

DIS Veteran
Sailing concierge on the Disney Wish for the first time next year!!! 🤩🤩🤩
We are deciding between a Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom on Deck 11 and a Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah on Deck 12. We do understand the differences between the room types but are unsure if we would prefer to be on the same deck as the concierge lounge or if it’s very easy to go from Deck 11 to 12 for the lounge. We would consider Deck 13 also if that’s even better!

Would any who have previously sailed concierge on the Wish recommend one deck over the other?​

Thank you soooo much in advance!!!!

Given the option, I will always choose being on the same floor as the lounge (assuming you aren't all the way across the ship). It's reasonably easy to go up and down the stairs but we tend to do a lot of trips to the lounge (usually bringing stuff back to our room) so being able to pop over quickly is nice. Also I'm clumsy and having to traverse the stairs holding a drink or a plate of food is something I'd rather avoid if possible. It's definitely doable, but again, given the choice, I'd rather skip doing the stairs. Just a personal preference!

Have so much fun on the Wish! Make sure you take advantage of the special concierge room service menu and the hot food you can order in the lounge!

Given the option, I will always choose being on the same floor as the lounge (assuming you aren't all the way across the ship). It's reasonably easy to go up and down the stairs but we tend to do a lot of trips to the lounge (usually bringing stuff back to our room) so being able to pop over quickly is nice. Also I'm clumsy and having to traverse the stairs holding a drink or a plate of food is something I'd rather avoid if possible. It's definitely doable, but again, given the choice, I'd rather skip doing the stairs. Just a personal preference!

Have so much fun on the Wish! Make sure you take advantage of the special concierge room service menu and the hot food you can order in the lounge!
Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply!!!

On the Wish, I would choose Deck 12 or 13. Unless I am looking at something incorrectly on the Wish deck plan, it's going to be quite a walk from the Deck 11 rooms to the lounge. We were on Deck 12 on the Wish and it was fantastic - room 12532 to be exact - very quiet, yet close to the lounge and sundeck.

I’m staying on deck 12 with my family later this year. It’s our first cruise.

How is the motion in the rooms given that they’re at the front of the ship? I’m hoping we won’t get seasick.

Is the hot food you can order in the lounge the same as the room service menu?

Sailing concierge on the Disney Wish for the first time next year!!! 🤩🤩🤩
We are deciding between a Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom on Deck 11 and a Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah on Deck 12. We do understand the differences between the room types but are unsure if we would prefer to be on the same deck as the concierge lounge or if it’s very easy to go from Deck 11 to 12 for the lounge. We would consider Deck 13 also if that’s even better!

Would any who have previously sailed concierge on the Wish recommend one deck over the other?​

Thank you soooo much in advance!!!!
I have sailed concierge on the Wish on deck 12 and 13. I would definitely go 12 over 11!! It is great to be mere steps away from the lounge. Since you have paid for this level, you’ll want to take the most advantage of this. Deck 12 rooms are just down the hall and deck 13 rooms can access stairs that give direct access down to the main lounge. I feel like having to always go up a flight of stairs to access the lounge-and then another flight to get to the sun deck would be more inconvenient. Certainly doable, but I’d think you’d be less inclined to go up there as often…and you will WANT to be in there! It is a huge, fabulous space. Full disclosure, I like 13 better than 12. I’m actually booked on the Maiden Voyage of the Treasure on deck 13 because I loved being steps away from the sun deck, pool, and bar of the concierge level!

I’m staying on deck 12 with my family later this year. It’s our first cruise.

How is the motion in the rooms given that they’re at the front of the ship? I’m hoping we won’t get seasick.

Is the hot food you can order in the lounge the same as the room service menu?
I did deck 12 and 13 on the Wish. Didn’t really feel any motion, so don’t think you’ll have an issue.

The hot food options change daily and are not the same as room service. I had the best avocado toast each morning!!

We were on deck 11 and had a bit of a walk. We were as far forward as you could get in an oceanview room-11007. It was huge and so cool. The view from this room, right over the port wing was incredible. No, verandah, but the view from the sitting area, bed etc. was just like WOW! IMG_1033.jpg

The lounge was a bit of a walk. For me, when I have a choice, the closer to the lounge, the better. The hot food is not the same as room service. They come around with a menu once you settle into a place to sit. Very tasty and made to order, so nice and hot. We do not have trouble with the ship's motion and we had a quiet ocean on our sailing, so I can't help you there. You will love concierge on the Wish.

Last edited:
We haven’t made it to the Wish yet but can give some insight about utilizing the lounge from an access perspective. You would have to interpret how likely you would be going there first. Ease of access by being on the same floor and/or close to the lounge may help. There are a few variables that likely will impact your usage, including your room locatio.

My son and I would frequent the lounge more than DW. If you are like her then you may only go sparingly and only at times it is more convenient so deck 11 would work. If you aren’t needing assistance from the concierge staff and are good at planning that can decrease the reasons to go to the lounge too.

Having said that, location can influence usage. We were about as close as you can get on the Magic, which is still a couple of flights below the lounge, and found our usage changed a little. On that occasion we went a little less frequently but tended to stay a little longer. Once on the Fantasy our suite door directly across from the lounge door. It was so easy to pop over, get something and then return to the room. We really went to the lounge very frequently on that sailing, but also did not stay long, since it felt more like and extension of the room.

Since you will have access no matter what, thinking a little about your established trends while cruising will help you decide. The closer location seems the easier choice. If are someone who tends to get up and head out for a bit, maybe sit and chat somewhere around the ship, that might work with being on deck 11. Happy planning.

On the Wish, I would choose Deck 12 or 13. Unless I am looking at something incorrectly on the Wish deck plan, it's going to be quite a walk from the Deck 11 rooms to the lounge. We were on Deck 12 on the Wish and it was fantastic - room 12532 to be exact - very quiet, yet close to the lounge and sundeck.
Thank you so much, @Marthasor ! Looks like a beautiful stateroom!
I have sailed concierge on the Wish on deck 12 and 13. I would definitely go 12 over 11!! It is great to be mere steps away from the lounge. Since you have paid for this level, you’ll want to take the most advantage of this. Deck 12 rooms are just down the hall and deck 13 rooms can access stairs that give direct access down to the main lounge. I feel like having to always go up a flight of stairs to access the lounge-and then another flight to get to the sun deck would be more inconvenient. Certainly doable, but I’d think you’d be less inclined to go up there as often…and you will WANT to be in there! It is a huge, fabulous space. Full disclosure, I like 13 better than 12. I’m actually booked on the Maiden Voyage of the Treasure on deck 13 because I loved being steps away from the sun deck, pool, and bar of the concierge level!
@cruizincathi thank you so much for the detailed reply, it is appreciated! We certainly value a quiet location, so Deck 13 sounds even better based on your experience. Happy sailing on the Treasure, what a special experience to be on the maiden voyage! 🚢
We were on deck 11 and had a bit of a walk. We were as far forward as you could get in an oceanview room-11007. It was huge and so cool. The view from this room, right over the port wing was incredible. No, verandah, but the view from the sitting area, bed etc. was just like WOW! View attachment 829629

The lounge was a bit of a walk. For me, when I have a choice, the closer to the lounge, the better. The hot food is not the same. They come around with a menu once you settle into a place to sit. Very tasty and made to order, so nice and hot. We do not have trouble with the ship's motion and we had a quiet ocean on our sailing, so I can't help you there. You will love concierge on the Wish.
@ladyofthetramp , thank you for this awesome reply, and what a spectacular view!
To get to the lounge from your stateroom, did you have to walk all the way down the hall to the main bank of elevators/ stairs, or is there a quicker way? About how long did it take you to get to the lounge from your stateroom? Thank you again, I appreciate your help!!!
We haven’t made it to the Wish yet but can give some insight about utilizing the lounge from an access perspective. You would have to interpret how likely you would be going there first. Ease of access by being on the same floor and/or close to the lounge may help. There are a few variables that likely will impact your usage, including your room locatio.

My son and I would frequent the lounge more than DW. If you are like her then you may only go sparingly and only at times it is more convenient so deck 11 would work. If you aren’t needing assistance from the concierge staff and are good at planning that can decrease the reasons to go to the lounge too.

Having said that, location can influence usage. We were about as close as you can get on the Magic, which is still a couple of flights below the lounge, and found our usage changed a little. On that occasion we went a little less frequently but tended to stay a little longer. Once on the Fantasy our suite door directly across from the lounge door. It was so easy to pop over, get something and then return to the room. We really went to the lounge very frequently on that sailing, but also did not stay long, since it felt more like and extension of the room.

Since you will have access no matter what, thinking a little about your established trends while cruising will help you decide. The closer location seems the easier choice. If are someone who tends to get up and head out for a bit, maybe sit and chat somewhere around the ship, that might work with being on deck 11. Happy planning.
@ScooterScott44 , thank you so much for this very thoughtful reply! I can certainly see how personal preferences and vacation/ cruising style would be factors. Sounds like you had wonderful (though slightly different) experiences with concierge on both the Fantasy and Magic, thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter