Disney Wish - First reviews from the media cruise - biased?

Found this looking for Disney WISH videos on YouTube. I have never watch this vlogger before but I get the feeling from this video she and her friend are who Disney has moved to wanting on their Cruises and in their theme parks.

Found this looking for Disney WISH videos on YouTube. I have never watch this vlogger before but I get the feeling from this video she and her friend are who Disney has moved to wanting on their Cruises and in their theme parks.
Seems that way. I’m very confused as the “vloggers” who were invited… like I mentioned before TikTok stars who have never done a Disney cruise before.

Seems that way. I’m very confused as the “vloggers” who were invited… like I mentioned before TikTok stars who have never done a Disney cruise before.
That's probably the point. Disney knows the usual Disney vloggers will talk about the Disney Wish to their audience. So, Disney is pursuing the other channels and vloggers who don't cover Disney to expand their reach.

I just try to consider those types of videos as purely entertainment, not necessarily as recommendations. Smaller vloggers also usually pay for all their own things, if you want less biased reviews.

I don't trust anyone who doesn't spend their own money. And this won't be popular, that includes The DIS, even when the company is paying for folks to experience things. Show me your personal credit card bill that isn't being reimbursed, and I'll start to consider your opinions. Lots of things are wonderful when it's not on your personal dime.

I don't trust anyone who doesn't spend their own money. And this won't be popular, that includes The DIS, even when the company is paying for folks to experience things. Show me your personal credit card bill that isn't being reimbursed, and I'll start to consider your opinions. Lots of things are wonderful when it's not on your personal dime.
Pete's policy is to not review anything they don't pay for. They might show it in videos, but the team won't give their opinions or call it good/bad if they don't pay for it.

Pete's policy is to not review anything they don't pay for. They might show it in videos, but the team won't give their opinions or call it good/bad if they don't pay for it
But even then, the reviewer is not paying for the trip out of their pocket. The company is picking up the tab. You don't think Pete charges his trips to the company as a business expense? Those experiences are not coming out of personal pocketbooks. I'm not questioning integrity, I'm questioning natural bias.

But even then, the reviewer is not paying for the trip out of their pocket. The company is picking up the tab. You don't think Pete charges his trips to the company as a business expense? Those experiences are not coming out of personal pocketbooks. I'm not questioning integrity, I'm questioning natural bias.
He does own the company, so either way it ultimately comes out of his personal pay.

I love seeing the reviews from the Disney Wish, but have to admit I am a little annoyed (or is it jealous) at all the bloggers that got to go on the cruise for free. I know they work hard for their money, but how much can we really trust any of the reviews? They all had variations of the same headline after the first day ("What I learned after 24 hours on the Disney Wish", "Surprises on the First Day of the Disney Wish", "7 Ways the Disney Wish Surprised me in the First 24 hours"). The titles of their articles all make it seem like they were fed what to write about on their blogs.
If I was on a trip for free, there is no way I am going to write anything negative. I want to be invited back for another trip in the future :) The reviews all seem to contain glowing reviews with one area for improvement (put in for effect in my conspiratorial mind to make there reader believe they are being truly objective).
I remember one time one of the people on the cruise stayed at Disney Springs area hotel and said it was the best hotel ever - I stayed there afterwards and the place was hands down the worst hotel I ever stayed at. When I actually commented on his blog - he did disclose he got his room for free and was upgraded to a newly remodeled suite - neither of which of course I received. He did not disclose that in his initial review.
I like that they disclose the cruise is free for them, but I don't think disclosing it makes it clear they are going to be objective - they want to please Disney as well as entertain their readers.
Not to say anything is necessarily wrong with what they are doing, and obviously the reviews and blogs work or there is no way Disney would fund such a trip, but I think it is best to wait until the paying customers start reviewing to get a true sense of what the ship will be like. I am on a b2b in September so will have a few months of reviews to enjoy before I board.

there is no question that most (if not all) vloggers are dishonest in their reviews so that they can stay on the good side of disney.
We were on the July 25th 4 night cruise and hated almost everything about the Wish.
The kids area was a big hit with our young grandchildren, but other than that, there were lots and lots of failures.
It was most definitely a one and done cruise on the wish for us.
Our favorite remains the Disney Magic.

My advice to disney? Do not repeat this disaster when you build ships 6 and 7

there is no question that most (if not all) vloggers are dishonest in their reviews so that they can stay on the good side of disney.
We were on the July 25th 4 night cruise and hated almost everything about the Wish.
The kids area was a big hit with our young grandchildren, but other than that, there were lots and lots of failures.
It was most definitely a one and done cruise on the wish for us.
Our favorite remains the Disney Magic.

My advice to disney? Do not repeat this disaster when you build ships 6 and 7
Be ready for disappointment if this is how you feel. The basic design is almost certain to carry over to the next two ships in the class. Those designs would be nearly final at this point. Steel cutting will start shortly on Ship #6.

Be ready for disappointment if this is how you feel. The basic design is almost certain to carry over to the next two ships in the class. Those designs would be nearly final at this point. Steel cutting will start shortly on Ship #6.

here's hoping they go back to the drawing board for #7
this ship is probably ok for first time cruisers who don't know the difference.
But for DCL fans, this ship is a failure.
My daughter and son-in-law went straight from the disney wish to the disney wonder (flew from orlando to vancouver on friday and boarded their alaska cruise on the disney wonder yesterday)..
they called right away to say how even more extreme the difference is when you make that immediate comparison...

it's fine - i just won't do the wish again.
there are 4 other ships available for my cruising pleasure...

my husband and i will be on a royal caribbean cruise this october, on one of their oldest ships...
it wasn't my choice at all, but i just watched a brand new video tour of the ship (done by Matt Hochberg) and i was surprised to see that it looks really nice in comparison to the disney wish..
and what does that say about the failed design when a nearly 30 year old royal ship looks nicer and more user friendly than disney's brand new one...
but actually it's probably not that surprising since the Disney Magic is my all time favorite, with the Disney Wonder a very close second and they're much closer in size and style to that royal ship.

Last edited:
it's fine - i just won't do the wish again.
there are 4 other ships available for my cruising pleasure...
For now....
I'd be stunned if the Magic and Wonder don't start exiting the fleet by 2025.
I think longer term is that this is a fleet of 5 ships.

We don't get our first crack at Wish until January. Hoping a lot of the kinks have been worked out by then, but design-wise, obviously won't change.

For now....

We don't get our first crack at Wish until January. Hoping a lot of the kinks have been worked out by then, but design-wise, obviously won't change.

you're probably right...
we like the dream and fantasy too, just we prefer the smaller ships...

For now....

I think 2025 is too early honestly. I can see DCL running them until at they’re at least 30 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter