Disney with the S Twin Toddlers...Our Magical Vacation!

lucyddr

Working Mom of twins!
I'll start our trip report with a brief introduction. I'm a happily married 37 year old Mom with 20 month old twins. I am a physician and my husband is an IT Analyst for Bank of America. Our twins (Anna and Andrew) are the results of years of trying to have them, third parties, and 4 IVF/FET cycles. They also spent 69 ad 81 days in the NICU after being born at 29 weeks from a very rare umbilical cord disorder. Without boring you with too many extra details, I can confidently say that our kids are truly miracles!

My husband and I LOVE Disney and have been tons of times. Our last trip was in August 2010, which was wonderful! The next few years were spent trying to get pregnant, so vacationing at WDW wasn't an option. Because of our twins' prematurity and multiple health issues, we chose not to travel last summer.

So...this May, my husband and I decided it was time to remove our children from their little bubble and take them to the Happiest Place on Earth! With tough work schedules and a limited budget, we were only able to find an 8 day block in August. So, we booked our trip for August 16-24 (8 nights).

We initially booked at Yacht Club, though later changed to Port Orleans Riverside in order to get a guaranteed king size bed. We felt that the king bed would give us more space in the room for 2 pack n plays and a double stroller.

I'll start by saying that my children spend 11 nights a month in hotels for our careers, so that part of the trip planning was easy. The challenge was that this would be our first time flying with two babies...which meant packing much more compactly than we would have if we had travelled by car!

We booked our flights for Saturday morning at 10:35. We figured it was the kids' nap time, so we were praying for an easy first-flight experience. Because my husband is OCD about time, we left the house super early and arrived at the airport 2 hours before our scheduled flight!

Here's the kids dressed and ready to head out!

I love boutique clothing and Anna's dress was given to us by a fellow boutique Mama! It was the perfect little travel outfit!

Since we were super early, we fed the kids some Burger King French toast sticks and allowed them to run rampant in the play area inside the airport. That turned out to be a great decision, as it tired them out completely just in time for boarding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter