Disney Wonder 09B GTY

CrazzzyforDisney83

Mouseketeer
Hello! This is our first Disney Cruise and the category we booked is 09B gty on the wonder. I had no idea about different categories when booking. I just knew we wanted an ocean view. Is this a decent category? I don’t get to pick my room is that correct?
Thanks!!

This is a great category! It is deck 2 midship with the large portholes. If they don't have any 9B rooms available for your party size, you will likely get a 9A forward room on deck 5/6/7.

For the Wonder/Magic: We normally stay in a 9C aft (at or slightly forward of the aft elevators)--which is also on deck 2. The 9B rooms have a slightly larger porthole than the 9C rooms we've been in. Most of the 9B rooms only sleep 3, which is one reason we've been in a 9C. While I have loved our 9C rooms, I'd be wary of doing a GTY rate with them as I don't want to be all the way aft or all the way forward, I like picking our 9C room. I'd do a 9B GTY though--midship, so no worries about extra ship movement!

We find deck 2 very easy to get places--up 1-2 flights of stairs to restaurants/clubs, promenade, etc and easy to get an empty elevator to go up to the pool deck! Also very convenient at ports as you're usually getting on deck 1, no need to wait for an elevator, just go up 1 flight of stairs!

This is a great category! It is deck 2 midship with the large portholes. If they don't have any 9B rooms available for your party size, you will likely get a 9A forward room on deck 5/6/7.

For the Wonder/Magic: We normally stay in a 9C aft (at or slightly forward of the aft elevators)--which is also on deck 2. The 9B rooms have a slightly larger porthole than the 9C rooms we've been in. Most of the 9B rooms only sleep 3, which is one reason we've been in a 9C. While I have loved our 9C rooms, I'd be wary of doing a GTY rate with them as I don't want to be all the way aft or all the way forward, I like picking our 9C room. I'd do a 9B GTY though--midship, so no worries about extra ship movement!

We find deck 2 very easy to get places--up 1-2 flights of stairs to restaurants/clubs, promenade, etc and easy to get an empty elevator to go up to the pool deck! Also very convenient at ports as you're usually getting on deck 1, no need to wait for an elevator, just go up 1 flight of stairs!
Thank you! This has helped me so much! It is only 3 of us going so I hope we stay in our category. I’ve heard all good things about deck 2 which I had no idea that was the floor our category was on. Is 9a ok if for some reason they did bump us? It’s my daughters first cruise. She’ll be 5 so I think deck 2 would be good if she gets a little sea sick.

I think you'll stay in category then if you only have 3! Some people love the 9A rooms as they love being on a higher deck. We've only done 2 cruises, both in a 9C and we loved that area.

We've done 5 cruises and always get deck 2, midship. Like pp said it's agreat location. We especially like to open up the curtains whenever we're in the cabin for great views of the ocean, we've seen dolphins, only once, and birds. We're a family of 3 also, there's a ton of storage in the cabins and I'm an overpacker. The Wonder has additional storage unit that the Fantasy doesn't have. The Wonder is a great ship, enjoy your cruise. If you're worried about seasickness, get some ginger candy, helps a lot. I always carry some with me and if I start to feel queasy I suck on a piece and feel better soon.

We've done 5 cruises and always get deck 2, midship. Like pp said it's agreat location. We especially like to open up the curtains whenever we're in the cabin for great views of the ocean, we've seen dolphins, only once, and birds. We're a family of 3 also, there's a ton of storage in the cabins and I'm an overpacker. The Wonder has additional storage unit that the Fantasy doesn't have. The Wonder is a great ship, enjoy your cruise. If you're worried about seasickness, get some ginger candy, helps a lot. I always carry some with me and if I start to feel queasy I suck on a piece and feel better soon.
Thanks!! Such great information. We are super excited for the cruise. I’m glad to hear I picked a good category! And great tip with the ginger candy.

I just stayed in a 9B on the Wonder and also a 9B on the Magic the previous year. Both my daughter and I have loved this location as others have said. I didn't hear noise from above in either room. It's so easy to walk up to the main floors and if you need to go up to the pool deck you're one of the first ones on the elevator so that works well also. I would definitely book this category again. I think you'll enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter