Disney Wonder --October 4, 2015

Hi all :hyper:

I've tentatively booked this cruise today! Cat 5C, 6130! This will be mine and my fiancé's first cruise if it all goes to plan! We tried booking a cruise last year j this year for the Bahamas but had to cancel both due to work.

Next year we wanted to see the West Coast (were from Liverpool, UK) so I'm hoping we'll fly into San Fran for 4 nights, drive down to LA for 2 nights (hello Disneyland!), then 2 nights in San Diego before boarding this cruise.

Hoping to keep as it a surprise for my fiancé!

Hopefully I'll be able to confirm my booking tomorrow :D

:beach: I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust: Have a great Cruise!

Thank you thank you!

I've got a good feeling about this group. I've heard some lame stories about friends having party pooper groups....not everyone can handle it. Is anyone else ready righ now for some piña colada craziness and disney movies by the pool?!? Till then I'll have to contain my excitement with frequent trips t Disneyland. are there any other DVC members put there yet? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

Thank you thank you! I've got a good feeling about this group. I've heard some lame stories about friends having party pooper groups....not everyone can handle it. Is anyone else ready righ now for some piña colada craziness and disney movies by the pool?!? Till then I'll have to contain my excitement with frequent trips t Disneyland. are there any other DVC members put there yet? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

DVC here!

Just booked this morning and the pricing had already gone up....We are so excited to be able to drive instead of fly. Even though it is a commute from Washington it's still cheaper than flying to Florida. We are going to spend a couple days exploring San Diago. We have only done the Bahamas cruise so Mexico will be new and different. We will be doing a Disney Cruise in September and participating in the FE for the first time. Will be watching for another group for this cruise to start.

Thank you thank you! I've got a good feeling about this group. I've heard some lame stories about friends having party pooper groups....not everyone can handle it. Is anyone else ready righ now for some piña colada craziness and disney movies by the pool?!? Till then I'll have to contain my excitement with frequent trips t Disneyland. are there any other DVC members put there yet? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

DVC here!!

I have booked probably 3 different cruises and end up canceling. I'm hoping to keep this one...or the other one. Since I still can't decide between two cruises!

Can some one please explain the fish thing to me as a newbie I have no idea what it is lol!

We'll definitely want to do the FE exchange, though not a crazy, over-the-top huge group! I like it when the groups are capped at about 20 cabins. :)

I wish DCL would have waited to increase prices until the initial holds expire. I'm sure plenty of people won't pay their deposits, opening up more availability again. That said, I'm really glad we got in on the earliest pricing. I was hoping to re-shop the cruise when we're on the Wonder this fall, but the price has already increased enough to nix that idea. Oh well. We're still going! :cloud9:

We're booked as of a little over 24 hours ago. I hope I got in before prices went up!:confused3 We are a family of 4. My boys will be 11 and 7 by then. We have another cruise on the Magic planned for Jan 2015. Hoping to still keep that one. If we do, this will be our 4th. So glad they are coming back to California!!!
Hi Marcie! We meet again!:rotfl:

Thanks for linking to the FB group! I put in a request to join. :hyper: We'll definitely want to do the FE exchange, though not a crazy, over-the-top huge group! I like it when the groups are capped at about 20 cabins. :) I wish DCL would have waited to increase prices until the initial holds expire. I'm sure plenty of people won't pay their deposits, opening up more availability again. That said, I'm really glad we got in on the earliest pricing. I was hoping to re-shop the cruise when we're on the Wonder this fall, but the price has already increased enough to nix that idea. Oh well. We're still going! :cloud9:

The prices go up as rooms sell out. Doesn't matter about holds unfortunately.

Deposit paid!

I had a look today and the cat room I held last night has already gone up £125! So figured best just to pay the deposit with the price I got!

So EXCITED! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Did someone say Pina Colada? :beach:

Hi all :wave2:

Like Azza, we're also from the UK (south east corner in Kent). There's my partner, well, will be husband by then .. Mick and me Joa.
This cruise will be our 12th with DCL, our next one is a week tomorrow on the Magic in the Med and in September, I am very happy to say that we are getting married on the WBTA (Magic).

We tend not to do FEs as we travel light now, but we always bring British sweets and proper Cadbury's chocolate for fellow cruisers and UK CMs :)

Our plans for this cruise are to fly into NY to visit a friend, then pop over to Nashville for another friend, then a few nights in DisCal on our DVC points (if we can get it at 7 months), cruise, then fly straight home as apprently we still need to work to pay for these trips :sad1:

Look forward to chatting to everyone more over the next year or so (jeez, that's depressing!!):hourglass

Sorry, forgot to add that we're in room 6634, a secret veranda room. We had the same room on our first cruise on the Wonder so thought it would be nice to do it again!

Joa

Hi all :wave2: Like Azza, we're also from the UK (south east corner in Kent). There's my partner, well, will be husband by then .. Mick and me Joa. This cruise will be our 12th with DCL, our next one is a week tomorrow on the Magic in the Med and in September, I am very happy to say that we are getting married on the WBTA (Magic). We tend not to do FEs as we travel light now, but we always bring British sweets and proper Cadbury's chocolate for fellow cruisers and UK CMs :) Our plans for this cruise are to fly into NY to visit a friend, then pop over to Nashville for another friend, then a few nights in DisCal on our DVC points (if we can get it at 7 months), cruise, then fly straight home as apprently we still need to work to pay for these trips :sad1: Look forward to chatting to everyone more over the next year or so (jeez, that's depressing!!):hourglass Sorry, forgot to add that we're in room 6634, a secret veranda room. We had the same room on our first cruise on the Wonder so thought it would be nice to do it again! Joa

We are in 6636 right next to you! :)

The prices go up as rooms sell out. Doesn't matter about holds unfortunately.

Yeah, but until final payment day, the rooms actually haven't sold. Even if half the people drop their holding the cabins before paying the deposit, I bet Disney wouldn't drop the prices back to Opening Day. More cabins are going to become available, but the prices probably won't get better...

Just checked the availability, and it looks worse!

So my DH and I went on our first Disney cruise last year in November to the Caribbean and I loved everything about it, including (but I guess not entirely limited too...at least for all technical purposes) the fruity delicious tropical drinks. Very much looking forward to mojitos, piña coladas and cervezas on our way to Mexico. But wait its Friday (or if your the Australians, it's Saturday)...tequila shots all around!

498/497 days left!

Yeah, but until final payment day, the rooms actually haven't sold. Even if half the people drop their holding the cabins before paying the deposit, I bet Disney wouldn't drop the prices back to Opening Day. More cabins are going to become available, but the prices probably won't get better... Just checked the availability, and it looks worse!

Oh I know! It's their way to make money though. And they do it well, lol.

Oh I know! It's their way to make money though. And they do it well, lol.

What the heck is going on that this cruise is already as sold as it is. Got excited when I saw that this was available and went to book and...WOW!

And in the time I looked at this one, looked at another, then came back to this one it had jumped another 150 bucks plus less staterooms avail.

Ridiculous! I cant beleive that I had to be online at midnight when the cruises became avaliable to be able to book at a reasonable rate. I can get over the staterooms filling, but this whole supply and demand thing that Disney employs for pricing is kiiling me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter