Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you get to book and be on it with us. Thanks for the suggestion about keeping track. How old will you DD 5 be at the time of sailing? my son turns 6 on 6/26 and will be 7 at the time. I am hoping to do a meet the first day to introduce him to kids his age. That way he will like the kids club.

:crazy: I apologize for any current and future confusion. :crazy:

This is one way to keep your thread to the top. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ker-Bear said:
I hope you get to book and be on it with us. Thanks for the suggestion about keeping track. How old will you DD 5 be at the time of sailing? my son turns 6 on 6/26 and will be 7 at the time. I am hoping to do a meet the first day to introduce him to kids his age. That way he will like the kids club.

My eldest dd will be 6 in 2006. What group will your DS be in? I forget the breakdown of ages for the clubs.

Purplern , How old will your DD be when you're on the cruise?

Ker-ber, looks like our kids will be together (I need to get a new quote NOW!)! Oceaneer club is for ages 3 to 7 and the Oceaneer lab for ages 8-12.

Mentally, I'm already planning for this cruise. My MIL may be sailing again with us. According to my DH, my MIL sounded a little sad that her name wasn't mentioned when he told her our family might be going on DCL again. I love it when Grandma goes! :love:

:cool1: Calling all September 3-7, 2006 cruisers, its time to post! Let us know who you are and lets get this thread going! :cool1:

Purplen's DD will be 8 at the time of sailing I think. The age groups are 3-4, 5-7, 8-10, and 11-12 I think. I know for sure the 5-7 because that's what DS will be in. So our kids should be in the same group. Last year DS didn't like the clubs so much. He is shy and won't just walk up to a kid and start playing. I figured if I introduced him, then he would know someone to play with and have a blast. Definitely hoping for a cruise meet.

I'm assuming you booked. I know for sure that I am crazy with this advance planning. Interested to see who else plans this far in advance!

Just so you know: we have two cabins 2607 and 2609 with the 1st seasting. It will be me, DS and my DBF with my parents in the other cabin! Looking forward to having Grandpa on board to help entertain!

pirate: O.k. all, Where are your posts?? pirate:

:boat: Looks like our family will be sailing with you. We're just confirmiming things and need to give the TA our deposits.

:tongue::idea: Vicki and Kerry, have you thought about door signs for your family? Its a way to dress up your magnetic stateroom door so that you can find your room a little easier. If I can remember, I'll take a picture of our last door sign and post it here. Its a fun easy project to do exept it can be time consuming. :idea: :tongue:

I recently got the Passporter and they said something about that. I was thinking about it. Might be kind of neat. Cant wait to see your picture.
I wish it was time to leave! I cant wait.

looking forward to seeing the door post. I am up for that!. Glad to see you are booking.

My kids had a blast decorating the laminated mats w/ the foam stickers. One suggestion I have is, if you have young kids, make a sign w/ their individual names on it. My DD did not want to give her sign to Grandma as it had her name on it too. I printed out my sheet, had the 81/2 x 11 page laminated, put magnetic strip tape on the back, and then the kids did the stickers. I couldn't use the Mickey pictures as I was out of color ink. :( So, I improvised!

Ladies, I am getting so excited! Tomorrow the TA's going to call and I'm going to give her all our info so she can confirm w/ DCL our reservations. :cool1:

IS ANY ONE ELSE GOING WITH US ON THIS WONDERFUL ADVENTURE? IF SO, LEAVE A POST!

I love you door signs!!!!! They look great. I will definitely be attempting to do something like that. Unfortunately, arts and crafts are not my strong point so I am not sure mine will come out as good. Glad to see I am not the only person addicted to these boards.

What do you recommend to do in nassau? We very well may stay on the boat but I really want to go to Blue Laggon Beach or Atlantis.

I am getting excited too!!! Your door signs are cute! I bought the stuff to make ours, just have to think of the design!

Vicki

Hope you are having a DISNEYrific day! Lurk periodically and post often on the DIS!

Any 9/3/06 sailers out there???? If so, leave your post here. :goodvibes

Ker-Bear said:
Did the TA call to get you booked? Hope you have a great weekend guys!!

YES! Whoops! Sorry ladies! Yes, we're booked for two connecting rooms (2579 and 2581). They're midship on the second floor. My MIL will be sailing with us again and she is so excited as are we!

Oh ya, since I'm going, I'll volunteer to make the master list of sailers for the 9/3/06. It will give me a ligit reason to be "working" on our thread ;). If any one else wants to take over this task, just let me know. I will have no problem stepping aside.. So, if you could, here's the information I have so far for you. If you could PM me, e-mail me, or even post on this thread the missing information for your group that would be great. As new posters come along I'll add them and their family/ friends to the master list...ready to get started...here we go!

Vicki aka Purplern
DH- Rich
DD 8 in '06- Amanda
stateroom 6576
First seating

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT FOR LATER:
As we get more people onboard this thread and closer to the cruise we should brainstorm about if/where we want to meet once onboard the Wonder. Here's a thread w/ great responses about where other DISers met http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=839585. It would really be nice to match the screen name w/ a face. Should we wear lime green the first day? Should we have a Alien green mickey head contest? You can go to Home Depot to attain the paint chips. FYI- Alien Green is the official DISboard color.

As some/most of us will be traveling to Port Carnival we should have at least two people to call those who are traveling about any Hurricane reports or changes by DCL. So, that means we'll have to exchange cell phone numbers before every one leaves home. :hourglass Don't freak out, we've got time on our side and we can chat about these and other things later. :hourglass

:teleport: I'm so excited about our trip! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter