Disney World eliminates outside vendor drop off services

Guess Disney just found a way to do crowd control in the parks. Since they are building a lot more hotels which means a lot more people in the parks yet the park size is not getting bigger lets trim back the amount of people in the parks by not allowing scooters & strollers to be delivered/returned so easily.

Their is post in one of these threads where the poster said the owner of Owners Locker stated that the policy applies to them.
The owner of Owner's Locker also owns Magic Strollers. It does apply to their stroller business, but NOT to Owner's Locker.

This new policy only concerns those who have provided strollers and scooters in the past and is related to the new provider of those items for Disney Parks - it remains to be seen if this provider will also provide delivery/recovery of strollers/scooters to Disney Resorts, but the path to do so has certainly been cleared with this policy.

I'm upset about this... I get it and I could totally see no longer allowing strollers or groceries. I feel like mobility devices or strollers needed for medical reasons should be an exception.

For example, we were originally scheduled to arrive at 4pm but due to a flight delay, we didn't arrive until 12:30am the next day. My fiance was recovering from foot surgery and unable to walk or stand. If his wheelchair was not available when we arrived, it would have been a major problem for us. He would not have been able to get to our room at all with out it.

How did your fiancée manage to get from your home to the airport and then to Wdw without a wheelchair? Why didn’t you rent one at home and bring it with you?

How did your fiancée manage to get from your home to the airport and then to Wdw without a wheelchair? Why didn’t you rent one at home and bring it with you?
Airlines provide wheelchair service from the curb to the to your seat and from your seat to the curb . TSA actually prefers that you use this service over bringing your own device.

I don’t understand all of the complaining going on.

If you need a stroller, wheelchair, etc. for use at WDW, then bring one with you.

Did you ever go into the area where they store luggage? It’s not a TARDIS. There is limited space. I can’t image them trying to store strollers, groceries, ECVs, and whatever else people want to ship to them.

If you need a stroller, wheelchair, etc. for use at WDW, then bring one with you.

Did you ever go into the area where they store luggage? It’s not a TARDIS. There is limited space. I can’t image them trying to store strollers, groceries, ECVs, and whatever else people want to ship to them.

You can understand the reasoning behind a change while still being upset at the changes impact on you.

Is it really that hard to see why no longer being able to pick up the item at your convenience whenever you arrive is throwing a wrench into people’s plans? If someone is renting a device, chances are they don’t need that item outside Disney or can’t/don’t want to travel with it.

I'm sorry if this comes off snarky but I'm honestly not being snarky...I just want to know the answer. I understand that if you're going to Disney World, you've been able to have your wheelchair/ECV delivered to your resort, which is a huge help if you need one. And I understand that many people don't travel with their own because it's easier to use airport services + delivery. BUT...what happens when you travel to other locations? Like, I went to San Francisco this summer. If I needed an ECV to get around (which I saw plenty of people using), do most hotels allow them to be dropped off/picked up there? Or would I have to make other arrangements? What about something comparable, like Universal? I guess what I'm saying is, if most hotels provide guests with this help, then Disney needs to find a way to do it too. But if it's just Disney and people have to figure it out when they travel, then maybe it's a pain, but understandable.

I'm sure it has more to do with the available space to store items that are ordered ahead of time, and possibly the liability of having to manage said items until the person paying for them can receive them...

^^This. On our recent trip we saw areas of scooter parking that rivaled or exceeded the space taken up by the stroller parking lots outside of some attractions. And don't get me wrong, I understand that many people need mobility devices (we've traveled with a scooter before) But with the increasing number of rental scooters and double strollers and such being dropped off at resorts, I am sure they reach a point where these rental items simply take up more room than is available, considering that Bell Services is still primarily intended to store guest luggage and packages.

I think the requirement of being there to receive the delivery in person, vs having It dropped at Bell services prior to your arrival, makes perfect sense and is a reasonable solution. Disney Resorts are not saying you can't have your rental delivered - they re merely saying you need to be on property and available to accept the delivery.

Kingdom Strollers in the comments on their Facebook page mentioned planning on having someone at some of the resorts as early as 6 AM for pick up and hitting them all by 7.
I'm sorry if this comes off snarky but I'm honestly not being snarky...I just want to know the answer. I understand that if you're going to Disney World, you've been able to have your wheelchair/ECV delivered to your resort, which is a huge help if you need one. And I understand that many people don't travel with their own because it's easier to use airport services + delivery. BUT...what happens when you travel to other locations? Like, I went to San Francisco this summer. If I needed an ECV to get around (which I saw plenty of people using), do most hotels allow them to be dropped off/picked up there? Or would I have to make other arrangements? What about something comparable, like Universal? I guess what I'm saying is, if most hotels provide guests with this help, then Disney needs to find a way to do it too. But if it's just Disney and people have to figure it out when they travel, then maybe it's a pain, but understandable.
the short answer is—if it’s close enough to drive I bring my own scooter. If it’s not then I either rent one there or I don’t go. Being able to maneuver Disney World by being able to rent a scooter made it an attractive option that I could do on my own. I have never flown with my own scooter and have trepidation about damaging it.

That is exactly what I thought when I first read about this today. I figure within the next week or two Disney will announce that they will now be offering ECVs/wheelchairs/strollers for rent at all of their resorts. They're missing out on a bunch of money by only offering them in the parks. People need those things at the resorts as well so I'm surprised Disney hasn't capitalized on that sooner. It might have been that years ago it was more cost effective for them to allow outside vendors to take care of those needs but now for whatever reason, it makes more financial sense to offer those rentals themselves (hypothetically) and make it more difficult for outside vendors to offer those things. Disney gets to grab a bigger piece of the rental pie.
Disney would have to greatly expand its fleet of ecvs. Currently they often run out.

ECV have big batteries, that might be a explosion hazard for planes? I'm not sure if it's allowed to bring your own ECV on a plane.

Also many airlines are not noted for their gentle treatment of checked items. Things get lost, too. I wouldn't trust such an expensive, necessary, item to an airline.

My parents use walkers to get through the airport, it's cheaper and easier to replace them if something happens and then rent ECV when they arrive at the resort.

the short answer is—if it’s close enough to drive I bring my own scooter. If it’s not then I either rent one there or I don’t go. Being able to maneuver Disney World by being able to rent a scooter made it an attractive option that I could do on my own. I have never flown with my own scooter and have trepidation about damaging it.
You can still rent a scooter at Disney.

Why wouldn't I be disappointed in a change that causes me more inconvenience? It's human nature. Sure, I could have a car there and get my own stroller and groceries but I don't want to pay $150 for the parking fees they now charge. Personally I don't understand why it's so confusing that people might be upset at the ongoing changes that make this "magical" vacation less and less magical each time we go. Thinking this next trip will be our last.

Unless you have mobility issues, you'll never understand just how much the world isnt built for you. When we travel, we always plan our trips around my fiance's mobility issues. If we can drive it, we'll take his wheelchair. If it's flying, it's much easier to use wheelchair services because it's more than them just loaning you a wheelchair.

When we travel other places, every hotel has wheelchairs available for free or to rent. Disney does not

If you don't require a mobility device, maybe it's best not to comment on that part of it because you don't understand what it's like. It's not easy to navigate the world without legs.

Last edited:
Wheelchair services is not just use of an airport wheelchair. They come get you from your car or ME drop off. They take you through TSA, handle your luggage, and help you on and off the plane.

Wheelchair services prefers you use their chairs because they are built to get on and off the airplane and easier to push in an airport.

If you've never been handicap, then I can understand why you don't get it

[
Disney would have to greatly expand its fleet of ecvs. Currently they often run out.

I'm pretty sure they can do that. They just expanded their fleet of buses few months ago so buying more ECVs shouldn't be any more complicated than that. They more than likely actually contract with an outside source for them already. I just read something in the last 24 hours stating that they've hired a new company to handle stroller rentals in the parks so they probably do the same thing for the ECVs.

So they're already struggling to understand why the parks are no where near as busy as forecast with star wars land, and now they decide to annoy and cause issues for another large group of guests!?

Maybe nows the time for another double digit % ticket price increase hey disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter