Disney World First Timers with Dining Plan

sarahpinks

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

I am taking my sister to Disney World April 30-May 4 and we will be staying at Pop Century. I got the dining plan due to convenience, we don't have the park hopper though because it's her first time and I'd like to get the most out of each park every day.

With that being said I cannot decide between Cinderella's Dinner at park fare or Minnie's beach bash breakfast. I'm new to all of this and late to the 180 day window so I'm doing my best to get whatever ADRs we can. We have Homecoming on the 30th, Crystal palace dinner on May 1, Mama Melrose and Fantasmic show May 2, and May 3 is our AK day in which I'm trying to figure out which ADR to get. She wants to see characters but isn't too into princesses which makes me want to utilize Minnie's Beach bash - but how easy is it to get there from Pop century in the morning?

Sorry for the rambling this is all very new to me and I'm trying to make the best trip possible! Also - snack recommendations/hacks would be much appreciated :)

It's kind of a nuisance to get to Beach Club from Pop.

Your options are taxi/Lyft/Uber (easiest), or taking a bus to Hollywood Studios, then walking from there to Beach Club. I would allow at least an hour of transit time for this, which is problematic for an early breakfast.

Animal Kingdom and Grand Floridian are on opposite ends of campus. While there will be a shared bus that goes from AK to Grand Floridian, it will be a 25 minute bus ride. After that dinner, you would need to take the monorail to Magic Kingdom, then transfer for a Pop bus.

For your AK day, why not try to book Tusker House?

It's kind of a nuisance to get to Beach Club from Pop.

Your options are taxi/Lyft/Uber (easiest), or taking a bus to Hollywood Studios, then walking from there to Beach Club. I would allow at least an hour of transit time for this, which is problematic for an early breakfast.

Animal Kingdom and Grand Floridian are on opposite ends of campus. While there will be a shared bus that goes from AK to Grand Floridian, it will be a 25 minute bus ride. After that dinner, you would need to take the monorail to Magic Kingdom, then transfer for a Pop bus.

For your AK day, why not try to book Tusker House?

I did consider Tusker house for lunch but the menu items for kids didn't seem as general as the other options. I've got a picky eater and I didn't know if there was more available than what was on the menu online.

I did consider Tusker house for lunch but the menu items for kids didn't seem as general as the other options. I've got a picky eater and I didn't know if there was more available than what was on the menu online.
Not really, but given that you were looking at breakfast (Beach Bash), the Tusker House breakfast is pretty standard breakfast stuff as well.

At lunch, the more pedestrian offerings would include the lunchmeat and cheeses, the cut fruit, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, corn dog nuggets, applesauce, etc.

As a first timer, I wouldn't recommend a lot of cross-campus connections for an ADR. They will take a lot of time navigating transport.

Not really, but given that you were looking at breakfast (Beach Bash), the Tusker House breakfast is pretty standard breakfast stuff as well.

At lunch, the more pedestrian offerings would include the lunchmeat and cheeses, the cut fruit, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, corn dog nuggets, applesauce, etc.

As a first timer, I wouldn't recommend a lot of cross-campus connections for an ADR. They will take a lot of time navigating transport.

That makes sense, I'll keep my eye out for a Tusker House breakfast reservation. Thank you for your help!

Tusker House has great variety of selections, plenty for picky eaters. We have those people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter