Disneyland and ticket booths accessibility?

spendleb

Mouseketeer
Hi all, is it possible to park somewhere near Disneyland so we can buy Citypass tickets? We have a free day when we arrive in California to drive around etc and thought it might be a good idea to buy the tickets so we are ready for the following morning when we visit Disneyland, just not sure if this is feasible, maybe if we visited a close restaurant and walked across to the ticket booths, is this possible?

Cheers,
Simon

There is no free parking that I'm aware of.

Parking at a restaurant, EATING first then going accross may work...just don't park and immediatly head for Disney. There are people who watch for such activity and can have your car hooked before you get accross the street. (Most will also make sure a car dosen't stay more than an hour but you should be ok there.)

Yeah agree, the intention would be to eat too :-) What are the closest restaurants to the booths?

There's a Mcdonalds and IHOP nearby that are good candidates. (Mimi's too, although I'm not familiar with how dedicated they are to keeping their lot clear.) They're least likely to hassle you if you eat first. Just watch if there's a tow truck sitting in the lots or nearby. These are contractors who watch specifically for people heading accross. They're most active in the mornings. Some also use 'spotters' and these are the most dangerous. (Denny's is notorious for this.) They'll look like people just eating in their cars but can get a truck immediatly by cell phone or radio. Going inside to eat first does help fool them since they are constantly watching dozens of cars.

Probably leave my wife and son inside the restaurant whilst I go across, they can't moan then :cool1:
Cheers!

You can park for 3 hours free in the DTD lot. Yes, it's a bit of a walk to the ticket booths (though not much more than walking from IHOP), but at least you won't get hassled for parking there. And if the booth by the monorail is open (usually isn't) it's even less of a walk.

Why not park in Downtown Disney's lot? It is free for up to 3 hours or up to 5 if you eat at a sit down restaurant and have the parking stub validated.

Thanks all, great idea, we can get into the Disney spirit early and eat there before finding a ticket booth :cool1:

There are a few options. On Harbor next to the main walkway there is a 15 minute parking lot. You could certainly park there and go buy your tickets. Sometimes the ticket booths closest to harbor are not open, so you may have to walk across the plaza and use the ones on the other side. Not a far walk, but if you notice all the ticket booths you come to are closed you'll know why.

Another option is the downtown disney lot. There is a ticket booth right next to the monorail. It is not always open, but doesn't hurt to check. Usually it's open earlier in the day, but during busy times i've seen it open in the evenings also.

As posted previously it's 3 hours free and if you have your ticket validated at the movie theater or one of the sit down restuarants its 5 hours free.

You can also buy a Citipass at the ticket booth located next to the Monorail Station in Downtown Disney. The Monorail Station is next to the Rainforest Cafe. You can park, have a bite to eat, if you'd like, or just get the tickets & walk around Downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter