Disneyland App / Newbie Needs Help Using it

Mama Bear Me2

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We're heading over to Disneyland soon and I downloaded the Disneyland App to play with and to get familiar with it before we arrive.

This is my 1st time using the Disneyland App and I have some questions. Please help ... answer what you can. Much appreciation for your expert advice!

Under the Guest Services Tab:

There are MAPS for the following BUT when I touch the icon on the map, NO further info is given.

Is it possible to get the following info for the following services (in LIST form / the current MAP form does NOT give any extra info when the icon is touched on the map):

1) FASTPASS SERVICE:

* LIST of rides allowing fastpass AND the RETURN TIMES AND its location?

2) RIDER SWITCH:

* LIST of rides allowing rider switch AND its location?

3) SINGLE RIDER:

* LIST of rides allowing SINGLE RIDER AND its location?

4) WATER FOUNTAIN:

* LIST of water stations AND a NAME of its location?

5) Is there any OTHER Disneyland / DCA apps that you can recommend that is better than the Disneyland App? The most important info I'm looking for (in order of importance to me):

* WAIT TIMES
* FASTPASS RETURN TIMES & AVAILABILITY
* RIDER SWITCH
* SINGLE RIDER

6) Under the ATTRACTIONS tab, I can choose to see the attractions in a LIST FORM. However, I have to touch EACH ATTRACTION SEPARATELY in order to see if THAT PARTICULAR ATTRACTION offers Fastpass, Rider Switch, Single Rider etc. I'm hoping to see a LIST for EACH of these CATEGORIES.

Many thanks for your help! :-)

There's a couple options for locating the rides with FASTPASS, Single Rider, and Rider Switch.

You can filter these options on Disneyland's website: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/

Or on the app directly. Under the Atractions tab, switch to list view in the lower right corner. Next to that option is the filter option. From here under the "Interest" heading you can select FASTPASS. Click "More Options" under that same heading and you can also choose Single Rider, and Rider Switch. These should then all appear in List form.

The app will also have current Wait Time and FASTPASS Return times being offered. You will have to click on each attraction to pull up the FASTPASS return time information. This info is not available in list form on the app, however the current wait time is.

Hope this helps for those questions!

Last edited:
There's a couple options for locating the rides with FASTPASS, Single Rider, and Rider Switch.

You can filter these options on Disneyland's website: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/

Or on the app directly. Under the Atractions tab, switch to list view in the lower right corner. Next to that option is the filter option. From here under the "Interest" heading you can select FASTPASS. Click "More Options" under that same heading and you can also choose Single Rider, and Rider Switch. These should then all appear in List form.

The app will also have current Wait Time and FASTPASS Return times being offered. You will have to click on each attraction to pull up the FASTPASS return time information. This info is not available in list form on the app, however the current wait time is.

Hope this helps for those questions!

Thanks for your help. HOWEVER, I clicked on the filter option on the Disneyland App BUT do NOT see an INTEREST heading. I'm using the Android version. Are you using the Apple version?

These the ONLY filters available to me (by heading):

* Mobility Disabilities
* Service Animals
* Hearing & Visual Disability
* Physical Considerations

I do NOT see any for filter by FASTPASS, SINGLE RIDER or RIDER SWITCH.

Anyone using the Android version of the Disneyland App AND is able to find the heading INTEREST when they use the FILTER under the ATTRACTIONS tab?

Thanks again!! :-)

EDITED to ADD: Also, under the GUEST SERVICES when I select the MAP of Fasspass stations, is there anyway to know WHAT RIDE/ATTRACTION is OFFERED at the stations? I only see the locations BUT I do NOT know for which ride/attraction as NO details come up when I touch the Fasspass Icon on the MAP. Thanks!!

Thanks for your help. HOWEVER, I clicked on the filter option on the Disneyland App BUT do NOT see an INTEREST heading. I'm using the Android version. Are you using the Apple version?

* Mobility Disabilities
* Service Animals

Anyone using the Android version of the Disneyland App AND is able to find the heading INTEREST when they use the FILTER under the ATTRACTIONS tab?

EDITED to ADD: Also, under the GUEST SERVICES when I select the MAP of Fasspass stations, is there anyway to know WHAT RIDE/ATTRACTION is OFFERED at the stations? I only see the locations BUT I do NOT know for which ride/attraction as NO details come up when I touch the Fasspass Icon on the MAP. Thanks!!

Ah! Yes, I am using the Apple version. Hopefully someone with an Android device can help better with the app. You should still be able to filter by these options on the website though. However, not as convenient when you're on the go, in the parks.

Ah! Yes, I am using the Apple version. Hopefully someone with an Android device can help better with the app. You should still be able to filter by these options on the website though. However, not as convenient when you're on the go, in the parks.

Thanks for your quick reply!! :-) I will try the website and see if I can get a list, however I'd rather not have to juggle phone & paper lists if I can avoid it! As you've stated ... not as convenient!

ALSO ... I've turned ON my LOCATION & SYNC options on my Android phone. Perhaps I need to turn something else on in order for the Android version of the Disneyland App to work like the Apple version? Just a thought.

ANDROID users of Disneyland App ... can you please help? Thanks!! :-)

None of the information you want can be directly found on the app.

Single rider is offered at: Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, CA Screamin', Toy Story Midway Mania, and Radiator Springs Racers.

There are water fountains everywhere, mostly near bathrooms.

Instead of Attractions , go to Guest Services. You can click on Rider Switch, FP, Drinking fountains , etc and it will show on the map but not list it out

Single rider is offered at: Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, CA Screamin', Toy Story Midway Mania, and Radiator Springs Racers.

Thanks!! I think having the Fastpass, Single Rider, Rider Switch filter info is unique to Apple users.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Disneyland App for Android AND still got the same results which is NOT having access to Filtering by Fastpass, Single Rider or Riders Switch filter. Too bad. Guess I'll have to try and print a list from the website. My memory is poor and there's no way I can remember without a printed copy.

According to the App ( map ) Goofys Ski School and Grizzley River also have Single Rider, and I thought the Matterhorn used to

All of that info is on the printed park map. You may want to type out and print a cheat sheet or bring some post-its and just write out the SR and FP info and stick it to the map. It will be much faster to pull out a piece of paper than stop what you're doing to drill down through the app to repeatedly look that up. As far as water fountains, they are not hidden. There are over 50 in Disneyland. If you have a medical condition that requires frequent and immediate access to water, consider wearing a large Camelbak and having either backup in a locker or bottled water to refill. If you're just worried about having a map of water fountains to drink throughout the day, you're overplanning at a granular level that is really not necessary for DLR.

Also every counter service restaurant will give you as many cups of ice water as you ask for, free. Just walk up to the area where they give out the food and ask for it.

* Mobility Disabilities
* Service Animals

Scroll down more. When you see Interest hit the +more button and they will come up.

Scroll down more. When you see Interest hit the +more button and they will come up.

Thanks but again, I think the ANDROID version is DIFFERENT from the APPLE version. The filters available to me do NOT include a heading for INTERESTS ... I tried scrolling further down but nothing comes up.

By the way ... are you able to confirm that you are using an ANDROID or APPLE version?

If you're using an ANDROID version and you get INTERESTS then maybe I have something turned off on my phone and which isn't allowing me to fully utilize what's available on the app. Long shot but thought I'd ask.

In any case, as another poster (SMD) suggested, print out "cheat sheets" and use that.

MANY THANKS EVERYONE for your help!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter