Disneyland bubble

Monorail, Skyliner, and Water Taxis too - they are better than the busses. I swear, I don't know why they never implemented the People Mover as a viable transportation system. 😁
The boat ride from Port Orleans to Disney Springs at night is lovely and completely immersive. Very nice during the day, too, of course.

One time I was staying at Port Orleans Riverside during the holidays and the boat had little Christmas lights around the canopy and soft jazzy Christmas music playing. Just magical.

And yeah, the monorails are totally Disney-ish.

When I'm at Disneyland, I realize that I'm going to lose some magic when I leave the parks, but it's sure a wonderful bubble inside them!

The boat ride from Port Orleans to Disney Springs at night is lovely and completely immersive. Very nice during the day, too, of course.

One time I was staying at Port Orleans Riverside during the holidays and the boat had little Christmas lights around the canopy and soft jazzy Christmas music playing. Just magical.

And yeah, the monorails are totally Disney-ish.

When I'm at Disneyland, I realize that I'm going to lose some magic when I leave the parks, but it's sure a wonderful bubble inside them!

One of hte best times I ever had, I took a boat from Fort Wilderness up to the Lodge on Bay Lake. I was the only person on the boat. The skipper grabbed the PA and serenaded me the entire way. He sang, "Brandy." 🤣 It was one of those magical moments for sure!

Being a Disneyland girl at heart, I have to say on my one trip to WDW, it didn't feel anymore magical or like I was in a bubble. For me, the fact that Disneyland IS in the middle of a major city makes it MORE magical because it is like an oasis.

I've tried to experience the bubble at DL as I get to WDW. I can't get it. And listen, DL was my first Disney park and I'm a Californian through and through. But Florida just gets it right. I've stayed at Paradise/Pixar Pier Hotel and even the Disneyland Hotel. I could never feel that bubble. I'm told staying at GC will get you that bubble, and I can see how. But who can afford that?

You go to DL for the rides and some ambiance. You go to WDW for MEGA-ambiance and rides.
I felt no bubble at DLH either. In fact walking through dtd multiple times a day almost did me in. Aimless shoppers. At least on harbor everyone is going somewhere.

It's interesting that we all experience things so differently.

I prefer the "aimless shoppers" at DTD over the Harbor walk. To be fair, I've never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. But walking through DTD to get to the Grand Californian was just so much more relaxing than our usual walk back to Harbor where we just want to powerwalk and get there as fast as possible.

I felt no bubble at DLH either. In fact walking through dtd multiple times a day almost did me in. Aimless shoppers. At least on harbor everyone is going somewhere.
Funny, I feel the same way. While I love the new Disneyland Hotel Villas - that walk never feels as magical as it is hard work lol. I sometimes prefer the walk from a close Harbor hotel, or ride in on the ATS (local Anaheim Bus System which uses the same buses as Disney from Toy Story lot) which drop pretty close to security and the main plaza. It seems less effort some how. I do enjoy Downtown Disney AT NIGHT - but by then there is a glass of wine involved ;)

BTW - at first I was sad if the buses had non Disney advertising (although most on the bus have Ears etc), but then realized a lot of Downtown Disney just feels like a mall due to the selection of stores and their storefronts - the Only saving grace is the Disney music playing... if I had my way, all the storefronts would be required to have Disney themed windows...

Last edited:
The entirety of Disneyland being 100% walkable is WAY more magical to me than having to take multiple forms of transportation between the parks/resorts and sometimes the trip can take 20+ minutes depending on where you're going.
This is exactly what I came here to say! I live on the east coast and had only been to WDW. I never really felt that "bubble" there that everyone talks about. It was great and magical but...no "bubble".

Our first trip to DL (which we thought would be a one and done), we stayed at Paradise Pier and being able to walk to the parks in a few minutes and walking through Disney property was what I was expecting from WDW. Our next trip I stayed at The Anaheim Hotel and even though I was off Disney property...all the people wearing ears, the park talk/planning out the day you hear, being able to see Guardians and the tops of other buildings as you walk to the gate...much more "bubble" than WDW. I think it just depends on the person and the ambiance and just general *feeling* I get at DL is something I've never felt at WDW.

Which is probably why our "one and done" trip will be trips 3 and 4 this year with no plans to go to WDW again for awhile 😂

If you ride the monorail you will see the outside world. And as @BrianL from the Pal Around and possibly the Incredicoster and a few others in DCA. But for the most part Disneyland was designed to block out the outside world while indie the park.
Also, when you ride the train, you can see from the Main Station Harbor Blvd, the hotels, traffiic, etc. If you are looking FOR the outside world, you will find it, BUT, Disneyland has so many fine details to see, you will not notice the outside world.

The bubble burst for me the past few days 🫧

I just stayed 3 nights on Harbor, there have always been homeless people and they don’t bother me, but it does break my heart. I found this past weekend to be especially cold and it made me tear up seeing homeless people sleeping at the bus stops on either side of harbor right before my hotel, the Tropicana

For me, it was hard to spend the money I did and eat all the hot food I did and then directly see people sleeping on the cement. Made me wish I was back at the GCH. Out of sight out of mind, which really is a terrible inhumane way to want to think, as I deeply care, but it was so hard to see.

And then…THEN! What in the world is going on with the street racers on Harbor all night every night. This occurred last April too when I stayed at the Camelot. This wakes me from sleep, from “Disney tired” sleep no less! All night, from maybe 12:30am-4:30am I hear sleep racers. Their engines are so loud and they’re going to fast I’m scared for them, or any unsuspected vehicles they could cross paths with. Why is this a thing on Harbor? Where are the police?

So while I can ignore a lot, and savings thousands staying across the street is amazing, I really really also see the benefit of staying at the grand or the Disneyland hotel!

This is exactly what I came here to say! I live on the east coast and had only been to WDW. I never really felt that "bubble" there that everyone talks about. It was great and magical but...no "bubble".

Our first trip to DL (which we thought would be a one and done), we stayed at Paradise Pier and being able to walk to the parks in a few minutes and walking through Disney property was what I was expecting from WDW. Our next trip I stayed at The Anaheim Hotel and even though I was off Disney property...all the people wearing ears, the park talk/planning out the day you hear, being able to see Guardians and the tops of other buildings as you walk to the gate...much more "bubble" than WDW. I think it just depends on the person and the ambiance and just general *feeling* I get at DL is something I've never felt at WDW.

Which is probably why our "one and done" trip will be trips 3 and 4 this year with no plans to go to WDW again for awhile 😂
Agree wholeheartedly with the bolded. There really is something about Disneyland that WDW will never, ever have. I just bought tickets to go to Disneyland next year and I plan on staying at the Disneyland hotel. I've heard that the walk to the parks can be a bit of a hike but I'll take that over having to deal with busses or wait 30+ minutes for the monorail, to which yes has happened to me multiple times.

Why is this a thing on Harbor? Where are the police?
California voter's seem to hate the police, so why should they even care to show up? I live here and it's truly embarrassing but won't change unless it starts at the top. /end rant

To go back on topic I agree Harbor is pretty scary middle of the night but that's why hotel costs are less than half of staying on property in the Disney bubble.

California voter's seem to hate the police, so why should they even care to show up? I live here and it's truly embarrassing but won't change unless it starts at the top. /end rant

To go back on topic I agree Harbor is pretty scary middle of the night but that's why hotel costs are less than half of staying on property in the Disney bubble.
I’ve never felt scared exactly, well except once when there looked like there was going to a gang fight in the McDonald’s parking lot and I was watching from my window and suddenly wondered if I was going to see someone get shot!, other than that I feel safe in my room but the car thing is alarming because they are driving SO fast. It’s a recipe for disaster.

Why there is what I wonder? Of all the areas and stretches of streets and highways why are they racing that late and that fast on Harbor across from Disneyland?!??

Because it's their job???

Why there is what I wonder? Of all the areas and stretches of streets and highways why are they racing that late and that fast on Harbor across from Disneyland?!??
I always wondered that too it must be just random long stretches of big streets (and they enjoy attention around Disney area) as I've seen many long skid/tire marks on Katella early morning work commute, from burnouts or racing overnight. :(

Last edited:
California voter's seem to hate the police, so why should they even care to show up?
Sigh...no. There could be any number of reasons why the Anaheim police aren't able to control street racing on Harbor Blvd., but it isn't because people don't like them. Besides, your premise is wrong. Reducing crime is complicated, so just because voters pass measures that you think aren't effective against it doesn't mean that those people "hate the police."

Has anyone who's been bothered by the street racing called the non-emergency number of the Anaheim PD to ask whether anything can be done about it?

Has anyone who's been bothered by the street racing called the non-emergency number of the Anaheim PD to ask whether anything can be done about it?
Many times and always same reply 'thank you we'll send a patrol car out'

Wake up next morning and see coroner van along with car inside random apartment building along Ball so yeah, it's normal around here.

Many times and always same reply 'thank you we'll send a patrol car out'

Wake up next morning and see coroner van along with car inside random apartment building along Ball so yeah, it's normal around here.
That's sad. Thank you for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter