Disneyland: Disneyland Hotel vs. Paradise Pier?

HockeyMickey2024

Found His Disney Princess at MK
Hello All! I am an avid Disney fan, I have an AP to WDW, I have been possibly 50 times, if not more, and I am going again May 7-May 19th. I built in trips to WDW, DL, and a Disney Cruise, I am satisfied with my stateroom on the Disney Dream, and I am working on the rooms for my stays in WDW and DL, right now in WDW I have made no reservations but I am capable of making that choice based on experience and being an AP, but in DL, I am currently penciled into a Deluxe View room at the Disneyland Hotel, but for the price I am paying there, I could go to the Paradise Pier Hotel in a Theme Park View Club Level room, that price is the absolute ceiling I am willing to pay, so the Grand Californian Hotel is out, but a standard room with a deluxe view at the DL Hotel vs A theme park view club level room at the Paradise Pier, which one would you chose? (My stay isn't long enough to split, or else I would do that) I am still leaning on the Disneyland Hotel, it looks amazing, but Paradise Pier Hotel room looks bigger and of course the club level room, but I am still leaning towards the Disneyland Hotel. Thoughts?

Last edited:
You'll get a better response on the DL boards, but my vote is for the Disneyland Resort. It is such a great resort, so much nostalgia and much closer to the parks. We went right after the refurb a few years ago and it was just amazing. In terms of overall hotels, it's my favorite at DL. GC is obviously closer, but I love the decor at DL Hotel much more.

My bad guys, I've been using the boards forever, only as a watcher, This is my first ever thread. Please excuse my mistake

The Disneyland Hotel has a better 'Disney' feeling. We had a standard view this past weekend and were facing the pool -which was nice! If I had to choose based strictly on hotels I'd choose the DL Hotel. But Club Level at PPH might be a nice treat if you would make good use of it...you can also watch the fireworks from the rooftop of PPH.

I believe I can make use of it, but I am still leaning on the Disneyland Hotel because as you said it has a better Disney feel, at least as far as appears online.

I believe I can make use of it, but I am still leaning on the Disneyland Hotel because as you said it has a better Disney feel, at least as far as appears online.

The DLH defintely has more of the Disney feel. Even though the recent renovation lost alot of its old charm/nostalgia. The PPH feels like most other hotels that just happens to have a nice store and a great character breakfast. It kind of feels like a misfit hotel.

If its going to be awhile before you are back, definitely the Disneyland Hotel. They also have Trader Sam's as long as your 21st is before then! I've stayed at both and prefer the Disneyland over Paradise Pier. Its a bit closer. Better food options too. Have fun!

The DLH defintely has more of the Disney feel. Even though the recent renovation lost alot of its old charm/nostalgia. The PPH feels like most other hotels that just happens to have a nice store and a great character breakfast. It kind of feels like a misfit hotel.
Duly noted, this is very helpful advice! Since this is a first in while, and likely my first trip here for another while, I do not want to screw it up, and I would like the most Disney feel possible.

Thank you everyone that has commented so far, your advice has been great, on that non sequitur, I am thinking of the following restaurants:
Steakhouse 55 (Dinner)
Napa Rose (Lunch or Dinner)
Catal Restaurant (Lunch or Dinner)
PCH Grill Character
Storytellers Cafe (Lunch or Dinner)
Goofy's Kitchen (Lunch or Dinner

I am there for 2 nights and 3 days, flight home is at 11:50 PM from LAX the 3rd day so it is a full Disney day IMO.

As far as table service goes, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Also, best QS restaurants.

Thank you everyone that has commented so far, your advice has been great, on that non sequitur, I am thinking of the following restaurants:
Steakhouse 55 (Dinner)
PCH Grill Character

I am there for 2 nights and 3 days, flight home is at 11:50 PM from LAX the 3rd day so it is a full Disney day IMO.

I would just be mindful with two nights and three days how much time you want to spend in restaurants versus park time. You don’t want to rush a pricey dining experience, and you want time in the parks. Just something to consider when planning your meals...what you want to prioritize.
Sounds like you have a very fun trip coming up!! :)

I would just be mindful with two nights and three days how much time you want to spend in restaurants versus park time. You don’t want to rush a pricey dining experience, and you want time in the parks. Just something to consider when planning your meals...what you want to prioritize.
Sounds like you have a very fun trip coming up!! :)

I do! Its going to be fantastic, I am definitely a park junkie, so that would take precedence, but I do enjoy a great dinner and speed can be important at times. One my final day in WDW in May of this year I ate a Le Cellier and was in and out with a great filet mignon in under 20 mins. Now I don't want all experiences like this, but I can in order to make more times at the park! In WDW I am planning on a few great dinners, Artist Pointe, Narcosees, Le Cellier, and Victoria and Alberts (will not rush that one and finances willing :earsboy:). It should be a fantastic trip, May 7th-19th, 7-11th in WDW, 11-14th on my first ever Disney Cruise, May 14th-May 17th in WDW, and 17th-19th in DL.

We usually take our time with the nicer dinners at DL. We did my niece's birthday last trip, and it was just a little over 3 hours (from amuse bouche, appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert. And a couple bottles of wine for the adults...)

Personally, my choice would be DLH and if you can swing it, club level. The disadvantage of the PPH club is it closing at 8pm.

Steakhouse 55 (Dinner)
PCH Grill Character

I've only done goofys kitchen for breakfast but it is fun. Did you try for a resy at Blue Bayou? Steakhouse 55 is great!

Outside the park For QS i actually like Whitewater Snacks at the Grand. downtown disney has some great options.

Don't forget the restaurants inside the park, we are fans of Wine Country Trattoria in DCA, Blue Bayou for the ambiance. For disney classics the corn dog cart is a must. For fun disney QS, the cones at Carsland. And for the nostalgic disney feel places along Main st are musts, like Carnation Cafe, gibson girl ice cream etc.

For good food at a decent price, for QS we usually do Bengal BBq, Cocina cucamonga, Lucky Fortune Cookery, or Smokejumpers.

I've only done goofys kitchen for breakfast but it is fun. Did you try for a resy at Blue Bayou? Steakhouse 55 is great!

Outside the park For QS i actually like Whitewater Snacks at the Grand. downtown disney has some great options.

Don't forget the restaurants inside the park, we are fans of Wine Country Trattoria in DCA, Blue Bayou for the ambiance. For disney classics the corn dog cart is a must. For fun disney QS, the cones at Carsland. And for the nostalgic disney feel places along Main st are musts, like Carnation Cafe, gibson girl ice cream etc.

For good food at a decent price, for QS we usually do Bengal BBq, Cocina cucamonga, Lucky Fortune Cookery, or Smokejumpers.

I will look into Blue Bayou, thank you for the suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter