Disneyland ending AP program as we know it

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are still ridiculously cheap. Even doubling the price is far cheaper than most old Disneyland APs.

Platinum UH pass is $450....for 1 park.

with the no blackout pass for DL it was $1,500 for 2 parks, and complimentary Maxpass, which would cost $10 each time you wanted to use it, and that adds up.

I mean, all USH needs to do is announce Super Nintendo land and watch the people roll in.
They’ve made pretty good progress on it, I doubt it actually opens this year though like was planned.

Platinum UH pass is $450....for 1 park.

with the no blackout pass for DL it was $1,500 for 2 parks, and complimentary Maxpass, which would cost $10 each time you wanted to use it, and that adds up.

We added Max pass onto our Signature passes for $125 each. We didn't pay $10 every time.

We added Max pass onto our Signature passes for $125 each. We didn't pay $10 every time.

The point is, we can’t praise Universal because there’s going to come a time where they also increase prices, and as someone that loves most theme parks, there’s no way I’d ever pay 450 dollars for Universal Hollywood with or without Super Nintendo World.

The point is, we can’t praise Universal because there’s going to come a time where they also increase prices, and as someone that loves most theme parks, there’s no way I’d ever pay 450 dollars for Universal Hollywood with or without Super Nintendo World.

I wouldn't pay it either. USH is a once a year park for me, if that. But I still don't see them jacking up their AP prices drastically. Quite the opposite. I think they will offer deals to lure locals to join the program.

I wouldn't either but I also wouldn't pay for a Disney pass either. The only park pass I have is a Cedar Fair one. For $200 I get access to all parks and free parking.

I wouldn't either but I also wouldn't pay for a Disney pass either. The only park pass I have is a Cedar Fair one. For $200 I get access to all parks and free parking.

Well you don’t like Disney, so I wouldn’t expect you to have a Disney AP. Local parksdo have good deals, I would never argue that. But the Disney’s and Universals of the world will always raise prices. I expect a huge bump in AP cost for UO in the next year or two and then again when Epic Universe is complete

Well you don’t like Disney, so I wouldn’t expect you to have a Disney AP. Local parksdo have good deals, I would never argue that. But the Disney’s and Universals of the world will always raise prices. I expect a huge bump in AP cost for UO in the next year or two and then again when Epic Universe is complete
No I'm not a Disney fan boy. I don't like everything they do. How they are using Covid as an excuse to cut things that they were going to cut is awful. Dr. Evil (Chapek) has no idea what they are doing.

No I'm not a Disney fan boy. I don't like everything they do. How they are using Covid as an excuse to cut things that they were going to cut is awful. Dr. Evil (Chapek) has no idea what they are doing.

Theyre using Covid because it’s a logical and fair reason to use Covid. It’s not an excuse. They were losing ALOT of money for 4 months, and continue to lose money because even with WDW open, the resorts aren’t filling up as they usually would, the parks aren’t as full as they normally would, and they have 4 (soon to be 3) parks that are not open at all.

if $20 fell out of your pocket every day for 120 days, you might not feel it for the first week or two, but eventually losing $20 a day without being able to find it is going to catch up to you. Then on day 120 no money fell out of your pocket, but now on day 121 $5 has fallen out of your pocket, and then every day for the rest of the year, and possibly until July/August $5 gone, every day.

Just because Disney is a very wealthy company doesn’t mean they have unlimited funds. Could higher ups have done more and sacrificed their pay? Sure, but that’s not really their responsibility. I can have harsh feelings towards Chapek for not pitching in to help cast members in need, but I can’t fault him for not doing it. It’s his money, and no matter how we feel about him, he’s earned that money through someone’s eyes.

Theyre using Covid because it’s a logical and fair reason to use Covid. It’s not an excuse. They were losing ALOT of money for 4 months, and continue to lose money because even with WDW open, the resorts aren’t filling up as they usually would, the parks aren’t as full as they normally would, and they have 4 (soon to be 3) parks that are not open at all.

if $20 fell out of your pocket every day for 120 days, you might not feel it for the first week or two, but eventually losing $20 a day without being able to find it is going to catch up to you. Then on day 120 no money fell out of your pocket, but now on day 121 $5 has fallen out of your pocket, and then every day for the rest of the year, and possibly until July/August $5 gone, every day.

Just because Disney is a very wealthy company doesn’t mean they have unlimited funds. Could higher ups have done more and sacrificed their pay? Sure, but that’s not really their responsibility. I can have harsh feelings towards Chapek for not pitching in to help cast members in need, but I can’t fault him for not doing it. It’s his money, and no matter how we feel about him, he’s earned that money through someone’s eyes.
I know they are losing money. From what a lot of people has said is many of these cuts were coming before Covid. Magic Express, many CM's being let go FP+ and reworking of the DLR AP's.

I know they are losing money. From what a lot of people has said is many of these cuts were coming before Covid. Magic Express, many CM's being let go FP+ and reworking of the DLR AP's.

Magic Express is a free service that a lot fewer people use now than they did 10-15 years ago. While it upsets a lot of people in the community, the general population probably doesn’t even know when DME is.

CMs being let go has been a constant thing for decades. Mass layoffs, then mass hirings. The hirings will come. They weren’t going to lay off 31,000 CMs without covid.

FP+ is being replaced by Genie. This has been known. And even if it’s a paid FP system, I’m not sure how anyone could complain. Disney is the only theme park chain to offer a FP like system for free for YEARS.

The re working of DL APs were probably coming, but it’s coming faster because of Covid and the impossibility to satisfy 1,000,000+ people (not including non-APs) with 2 parks that will have a total capacity of no more than 50,000 people per day.

I enjoy the snarkiness and pettiness from the other parks as much as the next person, and competition is great for the customer, but anybody who thinks the majority aren’t going to drop those parks like a hot potato once DLR opens their gates back up are truly in Fantasyland (not the fun one).

I've heard some logic around reducing the types of APs that made sense to me. Like just have a Flex Pass type that allows monthly payments and an unlimited pass that you can only pay for upfront. I think that may be a part of the crowd control strategy as well. You have to wonder if a reservation system for all will apply.

I enjoy the snarkiness and pettiness from the other parks as much as the next person, and competition is great for the customer, but anybody who thinks the majority aren’t going to drop those parks like a hot potato once DLR opens their gates back up are truly in Fantasyland (not the fun one).

Disneyland is the Mecca out there. Joe Schmoe the guy that sells his mixtapes outside of the 7 Eleven in Pasadena has (had) a DL AP.

If Disney said it’s $500 per single day ticket for the 1st 30 days, both parks would be at capacity all 30 days.

Actually, Disney has a habit of jacking prices several years before opening.

Never said they don’t. Disney raises prices every year, not just when lands open. That’s not what I was referring to. I was referring to Universal making these jokes that they care about their passholders more than Disney does. They don’t. If Universal Hollywood had 2 parks, a 65 year history, and a fanbase that FAR exceeds their capacity limits, they would be in the same position Disney is in. And reality will set in when Nintendo World opens and guests are paying $550 for an AP at Universal Hollywood for 1 park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter