Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

nekonekoneko

(=^・^=)
There's no thread here, yet, so, why not? Here we go!

Have I ever run a thread like this before? Nope.
Have I ever been to a runDisney event in Disneyland? Nope.
Have I ever been to Disneyland? Nope.

But I think this might be my last hurrah for runDisney, so I might as well as go out with a bang!

Event_Homepage_4876x1524.png

January 11-14, 2024

Registration Dates
Club runDisney: February 7, 2023
General registration: February 14, 2023
Virtual registration: February 17, 2023
All registrations open at 10:00 AM EST / 7:00 AM PST
Proof of time is due by October 3, 2023

runDisney Health and Fitness Expo:
January 11-13, 2024

Event Guide
https://www.rundisney-expo.run/

Race Dates:
All in-park races sold out Feb 14 before 11:18 am EST

(Times compiled by DopeyBadger)
Disneyland Yoga: January 11, 2024 ($108.99) (no virtual) - Hosted by Goofy
5k: January 12, 2024 ($108.99) (virtual $85) - Hosted by Pluto
10k: January 13, 2024 ($148.99) (virtual $106) - Hosted by Donald and Daisy
runDisney Kids Races: January 13, 2024 ($35) (no virtual) - Hosted by Chip 'n' Dale
Disneyland Half Marathon: January 14, 2024 ($234.99) (virtual $126) - Hosted by Mickey and Minnie
Dumbo Double Dare: January 13-14, 2024 ($389) (virtual $270) - Hosted by Dumbo
All prices include a 6.6% platorm service fee
Prices valid until July 17. Starting July 18, the 5k, 10k, and Half go up $10/race. Dumbo will be $20 more.

Information on the Coast to Coast Challenge
https://www.rundisney.com/coast-to-coast/

Official Website
https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyland/disneyland-half-marathon-weekend/

Meetups and map information, courtesy of @DopeyBadger
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneyland-half-marathon-2024.3905456/page-130#post-65224549
Friday non-race meetup: Tortilla Jo's 2:00 pm

DisBoards Runners

5k300.jpg
dbb727 (and daughter)
DianaMB333
DopeyBadger (and daughter)
DopeyRunner486
eminemilie
Grabnar
jodeja
justkeepswimmin (and 3 kids)
jwblane
Kender
Let's Get Kronk
lookingforsunshine
Naomeri
nekonekoneko (and DW and DD)
Novatrix
TarynM (and friend)
The Expert
thej (and wife)
pineapplepalms
Popo
rowan1813
RunningPrince (and GF)
RunWI1265
Sleepless Knight
StarGirl11
ValW
Where'sPiglet?
xjillianpaige

10k300.jpg
AmericanItGirl
DisneyJac
eminemilie
fatmanatee
hotblooded (and boyfriend)
jmasgat
jodeja
jolinda (and three friends)
klmcleod
Marebear_runs' 2 kids
rowan1813
sandam 1
TarynM (and friend)
thej

half300.jpg
Half Marathon
(* Denotes C2C Challengers)
AJruns *
Deisell78
DisneyBelle27 (and boyfriend)
DLFun
drlorilovesdisney *
Fatmanatee
jolinda's two friends
justkeepswimmin (and husband)
Let's Get Kronk *
LorrieAnn5
Marebear_runs
marty3d *
Poohverine's 2 friends
pluto377
princesspirateandrunner (and DH)
sandam1 * (and friend)
Simba's Girl *
SlightllyocdDisneyfan (and daughter)

ddd300.jpg
Dumbo Double Dare
(* Denotes C2C Challengers)
AZMermaid
CaliforniaGirl09 *
DianaMB333 *
dis_or_dat *
Disneyhanna *
DisneyMountainWoman
DopeyBadger
DopeyRunner486 *
Grabnar *
jennamfeo
jwblane *
Kender
kristenabelle
Let's Get Kronk *
lookingforsunshine *
luv2cheer92
Marebear_runs
Naomeri *
nekonekoneko's DW *
Novatrix *
Octomonkee
pineapplepalms
pluto377 *
Poohverine
Popo
princess jamie *
Princess KP *
RunningPrince (and GF) *
RunWI1265 *
Sleepless Knight *
softballpooh *
Stargirl11 *
The Expert *
ValW *
Where'sPiglet? *
xjillianpaige
XoxoAmy
Zurezo

For reference, here are the forum posts for the last 3 Disneyland Half Marathons, when it was run in early September:
2017 by StartedByAMouse
2016 by Keels
2015 by SgtTibbs

Last edited:

The announcement of this race makes me so happy! MW is too close to the holidays for me, since I’m sure my mother would be offended if I left halfway through her annual visit 😆😆 But I get MLK Day off work, so that’s one less PTO day to use, and my mother will be well away home by the time I’d need to leave.

I’m also happy I have CrD so I get early registration (at least for this race, who knows how they might change the terms and conditions on the membership later)

I live way closer to DL than WDW and absolutely loved the one DL race I got to do (Tink 2017), so I'll be back for sure. But I'm also committed to MW at WDW so need to figure out how to do this. I think I'll do all three races at DL either way, then decide by MW registration whether to go for Dopey again. It would KILL me if there were some special challenge for all seven races and I didn't register, so I'll probably just go for it.

We are going to try for DL instead. We can drive there easily. I think Registration is going to be a nightmare so I’m not banking on it.
"registration is going to be a nightmare" I am SO excited to see a Disneyland race on the website, but also not confident at all about actually being able to register. Was planning to buy Club runDisney so I could get early registration for the Disneyland event(s), but now it looks like that's not an option. I'll just plan to take a PTO day on Feb 14 to sit in the queue - unless it sells out in the first minute!! 🤣

I am soo excited!! I live in Colorado, CA is soo much easier. My first rundisney event was Disneyland 2016 10k during labor day weekend.

I just talked to the family this is happening right around my sons birthday, so we are going to do a race/birthday weekend. Now I need to make sure I can get registered... eeep. I have a feeling it will be similar to marathon weekend stress.

Last edited:
I'm with everyone else....cautiously hopeful that it doesn't sell out within minutes!
My first dl race was Tink in 2017 and I've been waiting (not so patiently) for races to return again!
I wonder what the race set up will be?? 11th the expo...12th the 5k???...13th the 10k???...14th the half???
Let the dreaming begin!

With this half officially announced, Any rumors on bringing back the other races weekends.
None. As of right now they’ve only announced races for the 2023-2024 “season”, which spans from Wine and Dine to Springtime Surprise. I strongly hope they bring back the other races and announce them soon but if you hear about it it’ll come directly from them.

I'm with everyone else....cautiously hopeful that it doesn't sell out within minutes!
My first dl race was Tink in 2017 and I've been waiting (not so patiently) for races to return again!
I wonder what the race set up will be?? 11th the expo...12th the 5k???...13th the 10k???...14th the half???
Let the dreaming begin!

Kids races are usually the first day, I thought.

I haven't talk to my husband about this yet, but I think this will be the race I shoot for next year. I also think he might actually be interested in running this one since we've never had the chance to do a DL race. I also think this registration is going to be absolutely crazy, so I'm not going to get my hopes up but I'm going to go ahead and ask for the days off just in case. PTO is really competitive so if you really want specific days you ask for it one day at a time of year in advance!

Decided to pull the maps from one of the final DL race weekends for reference. Fully expect the race distances to stay the same, worth noting that there have been a couple of fairly significant updates to DL, not sure how that might impact the maps.

View attachment 729773

View attachment 729774

View attachment 729775

What fairly significant changes do you think would affect these courses? They could still do exactly the same courses in 2024, which I'm guessing they will.

Call me cynical, but I think the first races back in DL for RunDisney will be a logistical pooh-show. More than happy to wait a year or two and let them work it out.

Why? Why wouldn't they just do the same thing they did last time? I very much doubt they are reinventing the wheel here. It ran smoothly every year they did it here. We attended almost every DL race weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter