Disneyland Hotel Deluxe Studio vs. Grand Californian 1 BR

uk_wildcat

Mouseketeer
I went on this morning to try to get 6-7 nights at GC in a 1 bedroom. The full time was not available, so I waitlisted 2 different configurations of days. In the meantime I was able to book a Deluxe Studio Preferred View at the Disneyland Hotel for 6 nights. Just wondering if I should keep the waitlist or just go with what I have. We haven't stayed in either and have only been to DL once, so this is all new to this DW veteran.

My feeling is, what do you have to lose by keeping the WL? As long as you set it up to Replace the VDH reservation, you should be good.

PS given a choice, I’d want a 1BR as opposed to studio, so I’d keep the WL for that reason too.

Keep the WL, but I would call MS to change the WL to replace the VDH studio stay since it appears you set up the WL before booking the studio. We prefer a 1BR as we like to travel light and head home with clean/dry clothes especially when staying for close to a week.

The 1br will be much bigger than a studio. Also no ToT on the rooms at the Grand. I love noth resorts though, typically prefer to stay at Disneyland Hotel but I'm in the minority

Definitely keep the waitlist. The Grand is SO convenient especially to DCA, the DVC wing is approximately a 1 min walk from an entrance to DCA.

The Grand Californian is superior to the DLH in every way AND you don’t have to pay an additional transient tax per night. Keep the waitlist. Here is a video that compares the GC to DLH to give you a better idea:

The Grand Californian is superior to the DLH in every way AND you don’t have to pay an additional transient tax per night. Keep the waitlist. Here is a video that compares the GC to DLH to give you a better idea:
VGC owner here… obviously I prefer VGC…. but the Murphy bed pulldown mattress vs a fold out couch could be important for some families….

VGC owner here… obviously I prefer VGC…. but the Murphy bed pulldown mattress vs a fold out couch could be important for some families….
Murphy bed is better than the couch bed but not as much as the pros of staying at the Grand over DLH.

Murphy bed is better than the couch bed but not as much as the pros of staying at the Grand over DLH.
For those of us sleeping in the bed, we all agree. lol
As Astro said, others may have different priorities, & if you're coming from WDW, 1min walk isn't a deal breaker, they're used to walking & bussing, then walking again. ;)

For those of us sleeping in the bed, we all agree. lol
As Astro said, others may have different priorities, & if you're coming from WDW, 1min walk isn't a deal breaker, they're used to walking & bussing, then walking again. ;)
Agreed. Just for the record, I slept on that couch bed and it is better then the couch bed at copper creek and animal kingdom lodge. Its not really about the time it takes to walk to the parks (or else some people will stay at the Katella motels over DLH) but about the breaking of immersion,/theme or leaving the bubble for a moment before getting pullled back in. When you enter CA straight from the amazingly themed Grand, out of your room, seeing redwood creek & that beautiful waterfal, your first visual of the park, it is MAGIC altogether. DLH doesn’t have that amalgamation of theming with the park.

Staying at DLH and walking through Downtown Disney is like a few Disney popsongs of magic. The Grand and entering CA from that dedicated entrance is a continuous riverflow of magic and turns that popsong to a beautiful orchestration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter