Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier?

Thanks for sharing! All of the thoughts you shared about DLH and the DVC tower are surely shared by many of us. They are adding lots of additional people without meaningfully enhancing infrastructure to handle the surge in capacity. Limited additional staffing, limited additional pool capacity, limited additional dining.

Let's hope it ends up being less bad than expected. Let's also hope Disney takes measures over time to remedy the issues. One easier option would be to fully reopen Steakhouse 55.

Frankly, I moved an upcoming DLH stay to offsite for two reasons: 1) Uncertainty about the impact of DVC; and 2) Reduction in value of early entry. I share in many of the concerns others have expressed.
Steakhouse 55 Brunch and High Tea, please!

While the PPH special entrance isn't as fancy as the one for GCH, we really value the shorter walk.

DLH is the only onsite hotel we haven't stayed in and Trader Sam's being next to DLH is a big draw for us so we'll likely try out DLH next. We like EE, and the walk to the gate isn't enough of a deterrent for us to stay offsite.

That being said, you didn't mention it, but we don't plan to stay at GCH again. The cost was astronomical for what we got, and we didn't enjoy the space any more than PPH, which at the time, was much more reasonable.

Personally, I'd look at the quote for both hotels and I'd go with whatever is cheaper unless the short walk from PPH makes a big difference to you. If they're pretty close and you want more magic and theme, go with DLH.

If you stay at DLH you can use the PP entrance into DCA. It’s fairly quick too. Exit out the frontier tower, walk down paradise, cross the street and the gate is right there. Depending on how long you have to wait at the light you can be in DCA in less than 10 mins. It’s also a great exit to take from DCA at the end of the day back to the DLH.

My twin sister and I are taking out kids to Hawaii early 2024. Since we are coming from Toronto 🇨🇦 we were thinking of doing a 3 night stay at Disneyland (with 2 park days - one day at each park) on our way to Hawaii. Give me the good and the bad about the Disneyland hotel compared to Paradise Pier. We’re up in the air as to where to stay. The kids will be 4, 4 and 9 and we have been to WDW quite a bit. This will be their first time at DL (our second). Thanks 😁
I am from very close to you....Oshawa...and funny enough I am also debating between DL and Paradise Pier...I am also thinking of renting DVC at Disneyland Villas!!!!

If you stay at DLH you can use the PP entrance into DCA. It’s fairly quick too. Exit out the frontier tower, walk down paradise, cross the street and the gate is right there. Depending on how long you have to wait at the light you can be in DCA in less than 10 mins. It’s also a great exit to take from DCA at the end of the day back to the DLH.
I didn't try myself, but I asked several times, different cast members even managers and they stated DLH guests cannot use that entrance. I didn't want to take the risk and go over there to be turned down.

I didn't try myself, but I asked several times, different cast members even managers and they stated DLH guests cannot use that entrance. I didn't want to take the risk and go over there to be turned down.

This is what the Disney site says: "To enjoy early entry admission or use the hotel’s gate entrance to the park, a Guest (age 3+) must be staying at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels and have valid theme park admission and a park reservation for the same park on the same date." https://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/paradise-pier-hotel/services-amenities/

GCH now has a gate that requires a key card so I wouldn't try using their entrance, but for PPH I'd have my reservation on the app to show and I'd expect to get in based off the above.

This is what the Disney site says: "To enjoy early entry admission or use the hotel’s gate entrance to the park, a Guest (age 3+) must be staying at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels and have valid theme park admission and a park reservation for the same park on the same date." https://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/paradise-pier-hotel/services-amenities/

GCH now has a gate that requires a key card so I wouldn't try using their entrance, but for PPH I'd have my reservation on the app to show and I'd expect to get in based off the above.
At least you have proof.
I was able to enter the GCH DCA entrance (and never have had a problem with it) today. The DLH manager said, that entrance is open primarily to the public since the hotel is located within DTD.
Strangely enough, I asked the same question over the phone, as was told you can use the PPH entrance, even if you are staying at the DLH. Overall my stay was very strange, a lot of miss communication over various issues.

We used that exit last summer. It was 8 minutes from leaving DCA to the 11th floor of Adventure tower. So convenient. We used it going into DCA, too.

I've used it since it opened. My DLH key opens the gate.

Good to know. When we previously stayed at PPH there wasn't a gate and we could use the GCH park entrance, so knowing an onsite hotel key opens the gates is helpful.

We stayed at PPH September 2022 and really enjoyed our time. Watching the fireworks from the pool/roof was a great first night welcome. Watching WOC and DCA lights from window while drifting off to sleep was fun. Easy access to DCA via the special entrance was very convenient.

What is the best way to get to DL gates for EE from PPH? I understand how to use the PPH DCA entrance to go into DCA in the mornings. We usually stay at GCH (and have stayed at DLH also), but will likely try PPH in October due to outrageous pricing at the other onsite hotels right now!

What is the best way to get to DL gates for EE from PPH? I understand how to use the PPH DCA entrance to go into DCA in the mornings. We usually stay at GCH (and have stayed at DLH also), but will likely try PPH in October due to outrageous pricing at the other onsite hotels right now!
Same as from the DLH. Exit the rear of the hotel and follow the walkway along the DLH to security.

We just returned from our first PPH stay. When we checked in, I asked this question. They told us to use our room key to open the pedestrian gate into the grounds of the GCH (next to the driveway gatehouse) and use their security entrance to enter DTD for DL EE (the line was wrapped all through the GCH courtyard before 7am, but it moved quickly when they opened the detectors and bag check around 7:05am). Our key did open that gate (as well as the PPH DCA entry gate), and we used that entrance without an issue. The walk was super easy, and felt hardly further than the GCH (where we usually stay) and much shorter than the walk to the DLH (where we have also stayed).

Construction is still ongoing for the rooms, with half of the rooms on each floor behind a black curtain. Pool is open, but they are still constructing the outdoor bar area by the pool deck. Elevators were no issue at all, but I can see how they might be if all of the rooms were in use. No restaurant yet….

We just returned from our first PPH stay. When we checked in, I asked this question. They told us to use our room key to open the pedestrian gate into the grounds of the GCH (next to the driveway gatehouse) and use their security entrance to enter DTD for DL EE (the line was wrapped all through the GCH courtyard before 7am, but it moved quickly when they opened the detectors and bag check around 7:05am). Our key did open that gate (as well as the PPH DCA entry gate), and we used that entrance without an issue. The walk was super easy, and felt hardly further than the GCH (where we usually stay) and much shorter than the walk to the DLH (where we have also stayed).

Construction is still ongoing for the rooms, with half of the rooms on each floor behind a black curtain. Pool is open, but they are still constructing the outdoor bar area by the pool deck. Elevators were no issue at all, but I can see how they might be if all of the rooms were in use. No restaurant yet….
Thanks for sharing the latest af your stay! I’m booked at DLH but no discounts available during my dates, so am considering PPH for this trip and have been so curious on the construction status. (Solo this time, so hard to justify DLH rate over PPH for just me!)

Thank you for the update...I have been keeping my eye on PPH updates as we will be there April 5 to 11th...and when I talked to the CM while I was revising my reservation she did say that most if not all the rooms should be renovated by the time I arrived...but who knows...I did put in a request for a renovated room (although I know there is no guarantee)!

Thank you for the update...I have been keeping my eye on PPH updates as we will be there April 5 to 11th...and when I talked to the CM while I was revising my reservation she did say that most if not all the rooms should be renovated by the time I arrived...but who knows...I did put in a request for a renovated room (although I know there is no guarantee)!
So are you saying that the CM shared that all the PPH hotel rooms will not all be completed by the Jan 30th, 2024 opening? We made a reservation for Jan 31st and will be disappointed if our room is not renovated. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter