Disneyland Hotel?

Princess minnie x

Earning My Ears
Since my first visit to a Disney Park when I was 7 it has been a dream of mine to stay in one of the Disney 'flagship' hotels. We are thinking of booking to stay in the Disneyland Hotel at DLP for a few nights. What makes this hotel so special as to speak? I'm guessing it has better theming but does it have extra disney touches that the other DLP hotels don't have? It would be great to hear from anyone who has stayed here before and their opinions, kat ::MinnieMo

I would LOVE to stay at the Disney Hotel myself. It looks absolutely lovely all lit up and I understand that you can see the castle from the rooms as it is so close you almost fall out of bed into the park proper.

Trouble is that it is so much dearer than the other hotels and as a single person I have the dreaded single person supplement on top of the normal costs.

The dreaded supplement!!! We are only going to go if we can arrange it for the '3 for 2' nights offer. It just looks so lovely. We did go and have a little nose around the lobby last time we were there, I just thought 'WOW', so i'm very tempted to make a booking at the moment but yes it is so expensive when we normally stay in the Santa Fe!

I'm working my way up to it financially. I stayed at the Santa Fe last time I went and was quite happy with it - I mean, how long do you spend in your hotel anyway? - but I fancied the Sequoia this time and saved my pennies - literally. I funded the whole thing through putting the small change into a money box each day.

I think it would take me about 10 years to save for a stay at the Disneyland Hotel, beautiful though it is.

Well, there is always that big win on the lotter I am owed!

Good point about how much time spent in room, Santa Fe has never let us down yet. Believe it or not I just got a quote for Disneyland Hotel and the trip is costing us half the price of our last one when we stayed at the Santa Fe!! Its just crazy, but we were there over new year so I guess they bumped the prices right up. I'm going to have to get myself one of those small change jars...you never know in a few years time my pennies might = a holiday in WDW in Grand Floridian!!! I'm dreaming...off to Uni next month...a life of a poverty stricken student awaits!!

::MinnieMo

Hey Princess Minnie,

Have you seen Richard's fantastic thread at the top of this forum, all about the Disneyland Hotel?? He gives some really detailed descriptions and information.

Cheers

Karen

We were treated to a stay at the Disneyland by the in-laws! Having previously stayed at the Sequoia. I'd say that the main difference was the towelling dressing gowns and the convenience for the park! We had a donwstairs room and there was a nice little patio to sit out on. We couldn't see the park but we looked out on nice gardens. The room we had was similar in layout/furnishing than the Sequoia but having said that the 2 other rooms adjacent that the rest of our family were staying in were totally different in layout/size.

It was great to be 2 minutes walk from the turnstiles as I was pregnant at the time and we were travelling with my (then) 11 month old nephew)

I'm not sure we'd stay there again (esp. as we'd be paying for ourselves!) though the thought of walking/pushing a toddler all the way from the Sequoia doesn't fill me with joy either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter