Disneyland Hotels?

Tmohar

Earning My Ears
We usually stay relatively close off-site. Next time we are wanting to stay on site. I was wondering if the Grand Californian is the best choice for the money as far as convenience and over all experience goes?
The most important thing is getting to the hotel and back with the most ease.
With DLH and PP we are concerned that it will be further away than staying off site.
What are your thoughts with the on site hotel? Pros and cons of each?

So far the only place I have stayed onsite is the GCH. I love it for its proximity to everything and the ease of getting back to my room from the parks. That said, I have had rooms there that were in the main building so it wasn't too bad of a walk and then ones that overlooked DCA by Goofy's fly school. The rooms over by the pier at the end of the night seemed awfully far away but I don't know that I would have traded the experience of staying there. This year, for something different I am trying the DLH. I am not sure how it will compare as far as the rooms and decor but I have been second guessing myself because of it being farther away from the parks than GCH. I would say if you can afford the GCH, you have to stay there at least once. Just to hear the piano in that grand lobby walking through is super comforting. The pools at the DLH are better for kids from what I understand, I haven't gone to DL with children. But I enjoyed the pools at the Grand, and I saw plenty of kids having fun.

But I am looking forward to staying at the DLH in 2 weeks, if for nothing else but the light up headboards! :earboy2:

GCH is definitely the closest, however DLH is not too bad...it's actually almost comparable if you end up with one of the rooms that is pretty much across the street from PP.

Personally, at the about the same price I pick the GCH, but if the DLH is cheaper I normally take that.

Location aside, I actually like the DLH better though.

I think everyone has different favorite hotels. I have only stayed at DLH and its my favorite. DD loves the pool and just the overall feel. GCH is usually double the price of PPH and a few hundred more per night than DLH. So best choice for your money depends on what you want out of your hotel. If you want the closest one then GHC. If you want to stay on site for less then PPH. DLH is the resort that says Im at Disneyland to me.

It took us about 10 minutes walking from DLH frontier tower to the lines and thats with 2 kids and stopping to pick up coffee at Starbucks.

I think everyone has different favorite hotels. I have only stayed at DLH and its my favorite. DD loves the pool and just the overall feel. GCH is usually double the price of PPH and a few hundred more per night than DLH. So best choice for your money depends on what you want out of your hotel. If you want the closest one then GHC. If you want to stay on site for less then PPH. DLH is the resort that says Im at Disneyland to me.

It took us about 10 minutes walking from DLH frontier tower to the lines and thats with 2 kids and stopping to pick up coffee at Starbucks.
We requested the Fantasy tower. Is it closer or farther away than Frontier?

We requested the Fantasy tower. Is it closer or farther away than Frontier?
Fantasy is the closets one to DtD. Frontier tower is the furthest. By furthest i mean about 1 or 2 minutes. The pool is about the same from all towers since there are many entrances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter