Disneyland on July 4th

jel0511

DIS Veteran
We'll be in DL July 2 - July 5 and was wondering if DL has any special fireworks for the 4th like WDW does. Also, does DL get as crowded at WDW and close it's doors to guests later on. Since we're coming from the East coast, we might not be completely adjusted to the time zone yet, so I was hoping we could go back to our hotel (Grand Californian) and take a nap. Also, are the fireworks as good from inside the park as they are from the GC concierge lounge. Do they pipe in any music into the lounge? I'm just trying to figure out how to see the fireworks on the Fourth.

Typically, July 4th is one of the busiest days @ DL, but I've been there just to see the fireworks, and have been able to get in. However, with this year celebrating the 50th, there is a good chance that there will be even more people. Your best bet would probably be to ask at the hotel desk that morning. They get daily write-ups that tell them what to expect.

Hi Lori.. we will be at Dl same time as you... also at Grand CA... :wave2: we were thinking of doing Magic Mountain on the 4th since we figured that DL would be real crowded..

geffric said:
Hi Lori.. we will be at Dl same time as you... also at Grand CA... :wave2: we were thinking of doing Magic Mountain on the 4th since we figured that DL would be real crowded..
I wish we had that much time, but with only 3 nights at DL, I want to spend all my time there.

Thanks Mary Jo, I'm hoping we can get back in to see the fireworks for the 4th, but it we can't, we'll just watch them from the Grand Californian Lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter