Disneyland Paris Half 2017

Like jeanigor I stayed at the Relais Spa last year for the RunDisney weekend and it was great, there were reasonable queues when going through security from the train station into Disney Village, but I just caught the first available train and it was fine.
However, I stayed at the Hipark-Serris Val d'europe on a solo trip last October and ended up walking to DLP in the mornings because the buses weren't running in time for morning EMH and it was just about as far from the hotel to the val d'europe RER station as it was to Disney Village. With this in mind I would be looking for confirmation from the hotel that they will have some form of transportation on to get you to the race start. I don't think that walking to it is really an option because I would expect the route that I took will be shut off as it goes through where the corrals were for the race start and I can't see an alternative, practical route to the race entrance.

I plotted the walk from the hotel to the Disney Village entrance on runkeeper, hope the link works.

https://runkeeper.com/user/dibby5/activity/885036786

HTH

David

Thank you so much for the info!
I'm really in doubt of what to do.... on a normal trip to DLP walking to the park would be fantastic - but since I'm attending both the 10k and the half (if I get BIBs!!) I have two very early mornings and getting to and from the parks a few times those days.
I would love to stay on-site as I did last year, but I just don't think I can justify the price. Maybe I'll find a hotel closer to the RER station - I've stayed at Sejours et Affaires Serris Rive Gauche which is closer to the station.

Not much luck with the Marriott email I sent. They have a shuttle, so I asked if it would be running for the races. Here's the response I got:

The shuttle has seasonal hours. Right now it starts at 8:50am. You can also rent a car or take the public bus to Disneyland.

We also stayed offsite last year and were happy that we had our car.

There was no shuttle early in the morning, felt like they totally ignored the HM Weekend at our hotel ;-(

We also stayed offsite last year and were happy that we had our car.

There was no shuttle early in the morning, felt like they totally ignored the HM Weekend at our hotel ;-(

Hmmm. I wonder how complicated it is to rent a car in a foreign country. My husband does it for work all the time. Guess I better look into it. Last time we were in Paris we had great luck with Uber, but not sure I'd rely on it that early in the morning. I'm starting to think, as much as I hated staying on site there before, it might be worth just doing the package, even for three people with the surcharges. Sigh.

I emailed the HiPark Val d'Europe and asked if they plan to have the shuttle run early september 23 and 24 to accommodate the guest attending the runDisney races. ----- the respons was "Unfortunately the shuttle begin at 9:00am." I'm going to email run disney paris to ask what roads they plan to close. But it looks like the only way to get from HiPark to the race is by walking to the RER station and take the train..... that's gonna take some time :/ I'll re-think my hotel choice - thank you for all the help!

Is it odd that the 10k isn't timed?

Hmmm. I wonder how complicated it is to rent a car in a foreign country. My husband does it for work all the time. Guess I better look into it. Last time we were in Paris we had great luck with Uber, but not sure I'd rely on it that early in the morning.

We weighed the option of renting a car when we decided to stay off site last year. It seemed a bit of a hassle.
I was quite concerned and doubted whether or not walking to the RER station that early in the morning was safe and if the metro would be running. Being from Detroit, where there is no public transportation, it was extra worrisome.

When it came down to it, it was just as easy as staying at a WDW hotel and using their bus system. (except it wasn't included in the price like at WDW)

I emailed the HiPark Val d'Europe and asked if they plan to have the shuttle run early september 23 and 24 to accommodate the guest attending the runDisney races. ----- the respons was "Unfortunately the shuttle begin at 9:00am." I'm going to email run disney paris to ask what roads they plan to close. But it looks like the only way to get from HiPark to the race is by walking to the RER station and take the train..... that's gonna take some time :/ I'll re-think my hotel choice - thank you for all the help!

The letter that was released gave me the impression that the Prefect chose to close more streets and bar shuttles and such from running during specific hours on race day. So while emailing runDisney might give you some answers, I don't know that it will be comprehensive nor complete.

The 10K isn't timed? I hadn't noticed.

The HI Park is VERY close to property, less than 1km to walk to the Newport Bay Club!

The HI Park is VERY close to property, less than 1km to walk to the Newport Bay Club!

Yes, I know. And I think that's awesome :D
They problem is that the road might be closed due to the races. But I'll email run disney and see if I can get an answer. Or maybe I can find another route....

Found a good deal on car rental via my husband, so I think I'm just going to do that. It'll save us the train ride with luggage (I've done it before, but my mom may struggle). It'll also save us some money on transportation into the city after the race days, and it's no extra cost to drop off within walking distance of our hotel there. I'll just have to be sure we can navigate around closed roads!

I stayed at the Hipark Serris for last year's races. I was able to walk to the 5K morning start through Newport Bay Club, but security wised up to it the next day and forced us Half participants to walk the long way around. That took 30-40 minutes. The street with the corrals is indeed blocked off with several layers of barricades and a heavy police presence.

I stayed at the Hipark Serris for last year's races. I was able to walk to the 5K morning start through Newport Bay Club, but security wised up to it the next day and forced us Half participants to walk the long way around. That took 30-40 minutes. The street with the corrals is indeed blocked off with several layers of barricades and a heavy police presence.

Thanks for the info - just what I needed to make a hotel decision :)

Yes, it's very, very odd! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. All of the Run Disney 10K races are timed in the States, so I had been planning to use this 10K as proof of time for a future half marathon. :sad:

Here's a link to the race rules for anyone seeking more information.

Does anyone have any idea when bib only registration will start?

I want to know too!

There's something I need to go to the UK for in the second half of the year... If I manage to time things just right I'm hoping I can go to DLP for this (and for 25th anniversary). But depends on timings and also depends on whether I can get a spot in this too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter