• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris - wheelchair accessible?

walkena

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

Just wondering how DLP rates in terms of wheelchair accessibility? My son is 8 years old and uses a manual chair - we love the accessibility of WDW and are thinking about taking the plunge to explore DLP. Also, I would like to make a day trip to Paris too - are there any accessible transport options other than having to rent a minivan?

Thanks

I don't know, but since it was completely designed by Disney Imagineering even though ADA does not apply (since it is outside of the US) I would think that it would have the same sort of accessibility as the new parks and attractions in the US. It would not make sense to do otherwise, especially since other countries seem to be trying to have laws similar to ADA.

The Disneyland park is NOT accessible one bit. So, you go to City Hall and explain your situation. They'll give a blue card for up to 4 people and you just go to the exit of the attraction you wish to ride and they'll get you on ASAP.

One thing through... when I worked there, on Space Mountain, there was an extra requirement for the Indiana Jones coaster and Space Mountain: you had to be able to walk, unassisted in order to ride! Sounds bad... it is, but the reason for that is in case of an evacuation in case the ride stops (every passenger on Space Mountain has to be evacuated from the brake positions anytime there's a breakdown).

Walt Disney Studios was designed to be wheelchair accessible, so, they don't accept the Disneyland park blue card and don't have any GAC available... but then, the park is always empty, except on NYE. To give you an idea of how unpopular that park is... your local Six Flags probably do more in 5 months than that park in A YEAR! For Rock n Roller Coaster, I'll verify if it has the same policy as the 2 Disneyland park coasters.

I'm BCV23's husband.

BCV23 finaly let me onto the dis boards! I must have been good today!
I took my daughter to DParis several years ago in a rented manual wheel chair -not her collapseable Quickie or her motorized Quickie.
She does not like the mountains so we did not go on these. Other than these I do not recall any problems with any attractions. My daughter would easily transfer with my help.
I rented a car and drove my daughter all around Paris. We did not use any pubic transportation. Hope that this is helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter