• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris

Louise-Montreal

<font color=CC99CC>Vous parlez Francais, Tag Fairy
Have a sister in law who just invited me and my daughter to London. Would like to squeeze in a trip to DLP. Has anyone used their points? Any suggestions as to the best value for your buck ( or pound)? Which is a nicer resort? How far to the park from the hotel? How long do you spend at the park? Should we arrive, go to the park and then spend our night, or arrive late spend our night then go tothe park the next morning? How long does it take to get to the park from London? From the Paris airport? What is transportation like from the airport in Paris?

I am thinking of flying into Paris and then going to DLP and then onto London or flying into London spending our vacation then going to DLP and flying home from Paris. Any suggestions as to which of these choice is better?

Any and all help is appreciated!

The easiest way to get from London to DLP is by train. there is a direct train service which runs from the heart of London (Waterloo station) literally to the gates of DLP. For most of the year there is a direct, non-stopping service, which takes three hours. This is a much better option than flying. www.eurostar.co.uk for details. I'm not sure what the relative costs would be, but I think that flying into and out of London with a return trip to DLP by train would be a much simpler option.

All of the DLP hotels are close to the park. The furthest is a 15-20 minute walk, the nearest is directly above the entrance gates, with many rooms having views into the parks. All the hotels also run a free shuttle bus service if you don't want to walk. The Sequoia Lodge is my favourite. This is a mid-range hotel, with a theme similar to the Wilderness Lodge hotel at WDW. A good unofficial website for DLP is www.dlp-guidebook.de/index_e.htm This will give you an overview of all the hotels.

If you are making a straightforward return journey to DLP by train, staying at a DLP hotel and you require admission tickets, it will probably be easiest and cheapest to book a package from the official DLP agent in the UK - www.disneylandparis.com will have more details, including prices. I normally recommend that people consider two nights/three days at the DLP resort. Now that the brand new Walt Disney Studios theme park has opened there I think that 2 nights/3 days is the minimum you should stay, perhaps thinking about 3 nights to see all of the DLP resort. However, it would be perfectly possible to stay for just one night is you didn't want to see everything there.

Regards

Rob

Rob has covered most if not everything!
As well as the Sequoia, I would also consider the Newport Bay or the New York - each of these hotels are nicely situated on the lake. Take a closer look at the theming - do you have brochures? If not, you can check them out on the DLP site- and choose which is right for you. Please feel free to keep those questions on DLP coming!

Thanks guys! I was thinking of spending one night on site and thenothere at a cheap hotel tha is close by. Someplace that is clean but relatively cheap and not too far from DLP.

Are there any shuttles from hotels to the parks? I know that there are shuttles at the onsite hotels- are they free as in WDW?

Louise
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Louise , I think you'd find changing hotels to be time consuming , and by the time you add in taxi costs to take you to your new hotel to check in, back to the park and home from the park it's going to prove as expensive as staying in a DLP hotel.

Louise -

the onsite hotels have a free shuttle, but all bar the Davy Crockett (for which you must have a car) are within walking distance of the park.

Basically the less you pay the further from the entrance you are !! The cheapest is a 20 min walk.

I've stayed at the Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge and would definitely recommend the Sequoia, for the swimming pool and especially if you have a room overlooking Lake Disney.

if you don't mind not having a swimming pool, then I can recommend the Cheyenne - it's a cowboy themed hotel about 20 minutes walk from the park. the rooms are quite small, with a bunk bed and a double bed, but the theming of the hotel is superb and the staff were excellent, we were very impressed, and the price was good too.

I wouldn't bother staying off-site, it's just not worth the hassle, if money is an issue, then stay at a cheaper hotel (like the Cheyenne or the Santa Fe - but I prefer the Cheyenne) instead.

here's some pics of the Cheyenne to get you in the cowboy mood.

thumb_2001_1111_094841AA.jpg

my dd met this guy in the restaurant
thumb_2001_1110_210057AA.jpg

medium_2001_1111_095153AA.jpg
medium_2001_1111_095205AA.jpg

Bev

Hi Louise!

Having been to DLP Several Times ....... 6 to be precise!!! Maybe I can help out!

On the one occasion that I did fly out there from London (Heathrow) it took about an hour. As for getting from Charles De Gaulle to DLP there is a shuttle bus.. Cant remember how much it cost.... but can remember that the buses were clean and very comfortable for the 45Min journey to the resort. The buses stop at all the resorts, and also will pick up at all the resorts at the end of your stay to take you back to the Airport. The same company also run a similar service to Orly the other main Airport in Paris.

As for which hotel/resort. Ive stay at three of the DLP hotels...
Santa Fe - Mexican theme, and a bit cheap and cheerful if you ask me. Good if your on a budget. 20 Mins walk to park....
New Port Bay Club - Nautical theme, have to say excellent, middle of the range in price and rooms were clean and well presented. 10-15 Mins walk to park.....
And Finally ......
Disneyland Hotel - Victorian theme. This is my favourite.... maybe i've just got expensive taste. But this was my idea of "Disney Magic" Everything clean, spotless, Breakfast was excellant, and i'd whole hartedly recommend it, even though it is a tad pricey!

As mentioned before there are shuttles running from all the hotels to the entrance, apart from the Disneyland as it is the entrance!!!! These are free just like WDW (if your staying on-site).

As for offsite hotels.... I wouldn't recommend it, unless you can find one right near an RER (Train Line) station and this will take you straight to the entrance of DLP. Other than that i've never seen an nearby hotel that offers complementary transport like you find in orlando to WDW parks.

Can't comment on Eurostar services.... Plan to do that for trip number seven......!!!!!

Hope you have a good trip over to "Sunny" London!
Any more questions feel free to ask!
Mickeyetta:earsgirl:

I will be in the Paris area for only one night in late April and plan on visiting the new Studios park. I have been told that the minimum stay at any of the DLP hotels is 2 nights (and 3 days admission). Can anyone confirm whether a one night stay is possible.

I've just checked the online booking system and you're right - the minimum stay for the onsite packages are 2 nights. There are neighbouring hotel 1 night packages however. I'm not sure if th e same restrictions apply if you book independantly though !

hth

It is possible to book just for one night (although DLP hopes that everybody will stay at least two nights now that there are two theme parks at the DLP resort). You might have to book accommodation and entry tickets seperately, but there is no minimum stay at the DLP hotels and you can still buy one-day tickets if you want to.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter