Disneyland Partner's Statue Questions?

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
I have a few questions about the Partner's Statue at Disneyland Park in California. First of all, does anyone know what is imprinted on the plaque? Do they have the same little statues that were just removed from the Hub at the MK at WDW? Where can I get a good clear picture of the entire statue? Isn't it true that Walt Disney never wanted a statue of himself in the park? I would love to get a nice clear photo, that I can scan, and perhaps put on a T shirt I would like to add the quote about it all started with a mouse? What came first the man or the mouse?

Yes, they have the little statues around the hub, not sure if they're the exact same ones, I don't remember what WDW had. (didn't realize they got rid of them). Don't remember about the plaque. Getting a picture is hard as people walk through there all the time. If you stand too far back people don't see you and walk in the way, if you're too close it's not as good a pic.

I have heard that walt didn't want a statue in the park, but not sure if it's true. I do konw that people suggested he put walt in the title and he refused. He did not want his first name as part of the title. After he died his brother added his first name to Disney World.

for a clear shot...
1) try getting there early and head (run) straight for the statue, before the crowds line up...
2) get your camera ready and snap your picture between families changing poses
3) shoot at an angle, slightly off from the front of the statue... so anyone posing would be too far in front of the statue to make your picture... plus you'll get a good perspective of Walt & Mickey's hands outstretched waving.
or
4) just snap whenever and Photoshop anyone's head out of the picture! :banana:

clip_image002.jpg

This pic was taken on a Saturday afternoon w/people all around. Darner has great advice, but if you can't make it early, you can still find moments to take those pics in between families doing so.

barbaraann said:
First of all, does anyone know what is imprinted on the plaque? What came first the man or the mouse?

If the second one is a question, of course the man came first on December 5, 1901. The mouse debuted on November 18, 1928.

The Walt Disney quote at the base of the "Partners" statue reads the following;

"Partners" We believe in our idea: a family park where parents and children could have fun together.

Of course the statue is also at WDW and at one point, you could purchase a miniature version of it at the Disneyana shop for around $275. But the smaller version did not have the inscription.

Not quoting exactly here but Mr. Disney said to remember that it all started with a mouse. In actuality it started with him. He created the mouse and all of his wonderful plans and ideas have spun off into the Theme Parks that we enjoy today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter