Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Just received a call from Walt Disney Travel Company checking time see if we wanted to modify or cancel our July 24-30 vacation. I told the CM that I would hold onto those dates for now and will wait until California allows theme parks to reopen and when DL announces an updated opening date.
I have reservations checking into PPH on 7/23 and haven't received a call yet. I too am holding out just in case. Can I ask - what hotel are you booked for?

I went to one of the local zoos here in the Netherlands and for most parts it was great, it was nice and quiet, plenty of space.

Only a themepark is something different. There is less roaming around. At the theme park I visited last week (where they are at 30%), the queues for the big coasters were constantly between 45-80 minutes. The limited capacity on the rides kills every feeling of a park being 'quiet'.
When you make your decision for a ride, there is officially no option to leave the queue, cause you can't keep your distance when you have to pass people on the way out. Same with evacuations, today one of the rides had a major breakdown, it took a while before the queue was safely evacuated.

A week or so ago, I had a peek at the Disneyland Shanghai app (never removed it after my visit two years ago :P ) and saw a 180-minute queue for Soarin, which is normal during the summer season.

So if you go to any themepark after reopening, I would prepare for regular queues.

It will be interesting to see how they will implement social distancing on the rides at DLR. 180 minute queue for any DLR ride is pretty uncommon outside of RSR, unless it is a really busy holiday. I think Maxpass has a lot to do with that. But it sounds like MP won’t be available when the parks reopen...

If anyone has MLBaseball tickets, Ticketmaster sent out emails last night with a direct link to process a Refund. It only took a couple of seconds to request our refund for the Dodgers vs Padres game.

Now, I just need to call the Padres to refund 3 sets of game tickets that we purchased during their presale to watch the Mets this weekend. Sad to have this summer ritual also canceled.

If anyone has MLBaseball tickets, Ticketmaster sent out emails last night with a direct link to process a Refund. It only took a couple of seconds to request our refund for the Dodgers vs Padres game.

Now, I just need to call the Padres to refund 3 sets of game tickets that we purchased during their presale to watch the Mets this weekend. Sad to have this summer ritual also canceled.
I already contacted the Brewers for our refunds. They were supposed to out in LA to play the Dodgers during our trip to DL :(

When do they normally start to break out the fall decorations? I'm wondering if they delay their opening to September 1 if they would just start with fall already in place.

I already contacted the Brewers for our refunds. They were supposed to out in LA to play the Dodgers during our trip to DL :(
Last year when the Brewers played the Padres, I bought tickets in the right field area in hopes that Yelich would hit one to us. 😉 His homer landed in the section next to ours.

*rteetz, Rumors Mod, works for a vendor at Brewers and Packers games - it’s the roasted nut stand. I can’t recall the name but they are very tasty - DH bought some at Lambeau and brought them home for me!

When do they normally start to break out the fall decorations? I'm wondering if they delay their opening to September 1 if they would just start with fall already in place.

Can't answer your question about fall but Halloween decor seems to start in August.

Hi.

I noticed on the Disneyland website. The Disneyland Hotel is not available for booking until October 1. You can only book GCH and PPH for dates in September. I would like to stay at the DIsneyland Hotel in September but can go in October. Just prefer September. Do anyone think the Disneyland Hotel might open earlier or later than October 1st.

In the Benefits of Staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel, the Extra Magic Hours feature is still listed. IS this going to change? For me and my family, it is one of the main reasons we stay onsite.

Also, has anyone heard if Disneyland is doing anything for Halloween this year? Parties? Events? Decorations? I know Halloween Time at the Resort usually starts the Friday after Labor Day. Will that be scrapped? Haunted Mansion Holiday? Regular Haunted Mansion?

We could go next summer in 2021 but Splash Mountain might be gone by then.

Any help, info or tips are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Joe
I had a reservation at DLH for 9/17-9/21 and had to change my reservation to GCH. DLH won't be open until 10/1 as far as we know.

We're all hoping for halloweentime but no one knows at this point.

I would expect Halloween decorations but I do not think they will be doing a HM Holiday overlay, special parades, tours and the like. I bet we see just decorations, merchandise and maybe some special food/treats.

Starting to feel like planning a trip right now is more stress than it’s worth but I’m going to hold off on throwing in the towel just yet. A lot can change between now and October but starting to think traveling after school begins (I’m betting we’ll see a huge case increase) won’t be a good idea. Anyone else giving up? 😅😭

Reactions: EmJ
Starting to feel like planning a trip right now is more stress than it’s worth but I’m going to hold off on throwing in the towel just yet. A lot can change between now and October but starting to think traveling after school begins (I’m betting we’ll see a huge case increase) won’t be a good idea. Anyone else giving up? 😅😭
Nope! I’m holding out as well! You never know what will happen and I’m just going to do the cliche/ corny thing and stay positive and imagine the outcome that I want, which is for DLR to open safely but soon!

Nope, not giving up, I'm October too and I'm travelling from Europe! I'm on a wait and see approach. I'm not going to make any decision until September, and by then the decision may be taken from me, like June was.

I have a reservation for Sept 22-25. I'm completely in the dark as to whether or not it will be a good time to go and am just playing it as it comes. I'm not going to do anything that I would see as risky for us, even for Disney, but I'm still holding out hope. BadPinkTink, I can't imagine how stressful that would be coming from Europe! Is there any chance you wouldn't be able to go back if there's a surge while you're here? Can you get airfare refunds if you change your mind?

Just an FYI, I went to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park today in Escondido. They are not doing reservations but are limiting attendance to less than 1/2. The tram ride was closed as well as most indoor or small space exhibits. However, the majority of the park was open. As you drove in they asked questions about symptoms and exposure and told us that masks must be worn except when eating and they have to cover mouth and nose.
In the morning everyone was wearing masks properly. By afternoon the temps were in the 90s. It was hot and the mask was not comfortable for me, but still absolutely doable. However, you really began to see people at this point pull their masks off below their nose and even some with them all the way off. I would say 90% of the people wore them properly, even in the heat of the afternoon. I found that the majority of those not wearing them or had them pulled down from the nose were young parents pushing strollers, which was interesting.
Anyway, thought I would share since it may be a similar crowd at Disneyland when it opens.

BadPinkTink, I can't imagine how stressful that would be coming from Europe! Is there any chance you wouldn't be able to go back if there's a surge while you're here? Can you get airfare refunds if you change your mind?

aww thanks for the concern :wave2:
I'm actually not stressed at all. I have only booked flights , hotels and my Disneyland tickets. Even if Disneyland remains closed, I will still travel, as Disneyland is just part of a longer trip.

My flights are booked direct with the airline and right now flights up to the end of September can be changed without fees. If the travel bans continue I expect my airline will extend this to the end of October.

My hotels are just reservations and have no cancellation fees as long as I cancel 24 hours before arrival.

My Disneyland tickets are valid until January 2022.

My travel dates are the end of October so I'm going to wait it out until September and see how things are. It wouldn't be the first time I have been stranded in America, I was in New York on September 11 but my situation is very different now.

While I stay in hotels I do have friends in LA if things took a bad turn and I know I wouldn't be left out on the street :) Its always been something in the back of mind, with LA being an earthquake hotspot.

October is 3 months away and this madness we are living in changes all the time. Right now theres no point stressing about the what if.

If I have to reschedule I will, my time is very flexible , I'm self employed and I don't have kids, so I'm in a very different position to most people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter