Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

My guess is this guidance would not be viable given many pass holders live outside of OC and even out of state. It wouldn’t make sense to open the park and not allow pass holders out of range into the park.
Nervous for the distance thing. I’m 35 miles out...

My guess is this guidance would not be viable given many pass holders live outside of OC and even out of state. It wouldn’t make sense to open the park and not allow pass holders out of range into the park.
What if that's his goal? Like he gave DLR guidance, but they're not happy with it because it does lit them in such a terrible spot when it comes to current AP and ticket holders who are not within the range.

What if that's his goal? Like he gave DLR guidance, but they're not happy with it because it does lit them in such a terrible spot when it comes to current AP and ticket holders who are not within the range.
His goal is not to put Disneyland out of business. The goal of this (if it is true) would be to limit travel and the potential spread of COVID.

Ok in rocklin. But still have mail from when I recently lived in lakewood
His goal is not to put Disneyland out of business. The goal of this (if it is true) would be to limit travel and the potential spread of COVID.
Yes but what if he is trying to stall? He would be releasing guidance which is disney's issue, but now they have to contend with Aps and current ticket holders who are outside of range which will be alot

Yes but what if he is trying to stall? He would be releasing guidance which is disney's issue, but now they have to contend with Aps and current ticket holders who are outside of range which will be alot
Sorry I don't believe that. He is releasing guidance that from what has been said Disney and the other Theme Parks were involved in creating.

Sorry I don't believe that. He is releasing guidance that from what has been said Disney and the other Theme Parks were involved in creating.
I don't believe Disney is happy with his choices which is why they have been vocal in the press. They want guidelines, but doesn't mean they will be exactly what they want! I highly doubt this restriction on mileage is not what they want

I’m 82 miles away down here in North County San Diego. If this is true, I wonder what the mileage cutoff will be. Hopefully 100 miles. I have a bad feeling about this.

It's really not impossible to enforce since they will require advanced tickets. There are plenty of ways to verify a home address when making a purchase. They do it all the time with the So Cal tickets.
I wonder how they're going to deal with people who have old so Cal addresses on file but new nor cal address on DL like me.

Last edited:
I don't believe Disney is happy with his choices which is why they have been vocal in the press. They want guidelines, but doesn't mean they will be exactly what they want! I highly doubt this restriction on mileage is not what they want
Remember a few weeks ago Newsom said they were still in "negotiations" that is what those talks they had about guidance was. I am sure Disney and other Theme Parks (and every other business) would like to reopen with only their self imposed restrictions. Many health professionals (like those the state consults when coming up with these guidance) would say Theme Parks should remain closed. They go back and forth and meet somewhere in the middle.

Totally a selfish problem for me, but if this rumor turns out to be true, it would be heartbreaking. After having to reschedule multiple times to find out that when DL opens, out of state visitors wouldn’t be allowed would be gut wrenching. I get the reasoning behind it if you are trying to contain spread, but no. Just no. Fingers are crossed that this rumor stays just that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter