Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt. If masks are dropped great, but Newsom said when he implemented the theme park guidelines that they weren't park of the tiers, although the restrictions were tied to the tiers. The infamous "green" tier never made an appearance despite lots of references to it. I could see theme parks still having more restrictions than the state in general since it brings people from around the country and around the world, to it's gates and mixes them together.

I disagree. I think he is done lording over theme parks. It's already too late to enact new guidelines just for them after he repeatedly said they will be lifted for all, except very specific INDOOR locations with dense crowds. Theme parks don't meet that classification.

The parks are already only loosely following the guidelines anyway. The horse has left the barn, so to speak.

It's almost funny. Disneyworld did the work and all the steps. Disneyland is going to skip to the head of the class on June 15. I would say IMO, that outdoors masks will not be required but recommended for indoor. Plexiglass will start disappearing like at disneyworld and all distance markers will be pulled up. June 15 will be when out of state are welcomed. They need out of state

I would say it stays between 35-40% attendance until at least October. And maybe by christmas we can see the castle lights and maybe firework.

I disagree. I think he is done lording over theme parks. It's already too late to enact new guidelines just for them after he repeatedly said they will be lifted for all, except very specific INDOOR locations with dense crowds. Theme parks don't meet that classification.

The parks are already only loosely following the guidelines anyway. The horse has left the barn, so to speak.

Completely agree! Look at DL opening Paradise Pier on June 15th, that's not a complete coincidence.

I don't see no indoor masks right away, just outdoors at first. Likely the approach we see at WDW is the one we'll see at DL. I bet they'd like to make their policies similar at both parks to reduce confusion. I don't think they'll remove indoor masking until the kids under 12 are vaccinated to help alleviate parent concerns. Yes, we know they're not as much at risk but so much of this is also an image thing too.

But who knows, this is all getting so hard to predict. From what I've read they're lagging behind in vaccinations in Florida so not all the CMs are fully covered there yet which might be the deciding factor with the indoor mask rule. Since CA is moving quicker with vaccines, maybe their policies can do the same. Either way, you'll see Universal do it first- that's been the pattern so far.

It's almost funny. Disneyworld did the work and all the steps. Disneyland is going to skip to the head of the class on June 15. I would say IMO, that outdoors masks will not be required but recommended for indoor. Plexiglass will start disappearing like at disneyworld and all distance markers will be pulled up. June 15 will be when out of state are welcomed. They need out of state

I would say it stays between 35-40% attendance until at least October. And maybe by christmas we can see the castle lights and maybe firework.

No way will they keep the attendance that low on purpose. They will immediately move up to at least 50% once they can in June. The only caveat to that is their ability to actually SELL that many daily admissions. My guess is that they will find it hard to reach 50% capacity without resuming some sort of AP program. I expect that we see the rollout of the new loyalty program by the end of July.

Rise of the Resistance Pre-Shows Reduce Physical Distancing, Remove Plexiglass

This is news for Disney World but I think it's safe to say we'll see the plexiglass start coming down at Disneyland too once restrictions are all lifted. And thank god. Plexiglass on RotR was so obnoxious especially with all the 'work' it entails to get on this ride! I'm so relieved Disney is removing it right away rather than keeping it long term.

I agree about the Pass program. Even now I think they are finally wading through all the California families. Price is too much for to many visits for the average family. Its not wonder everything to the 15 is almost out(but I expect to be restocked soon) and really none of July is gone. I think they need the out of state multi ticket as do many of the hotels around Disney who are only partially open.

I think you are also on to something about it moving to 50%.. which I am happy with because that means more things open.

No way will they keep the attendance that low on purpose. They will immediately move up to at least 50% once they can in June. The only caveat to that is their ability to actually SELL that many daily admissions. My guess is that they will find it hard to reach 50% capacity without resuming some sort of AP program. I expect that we see the rollout of the new loyalty program by the end of July.

I think they were will be an initial surge when they open the parks to out of state visitors. But after the hype wears off I think they will need to do something to reach that 50% capacity.

Sure but only about 12% of the entire US population can currently visit Disneyland. Plenty of people just waiting for the word so they can go.

Without the information that out of state guests will be allowed in after June 15, no one can effectively plan trips. Sure, there will be some last minute travelers, but by now, most people have largely made their summer vacation plans.

Without the information that out of state guests will be allowed in after June 15, no one can effectively plan trips. Sure, there will be some last minute travelers, but by now, most people have largely made their summer vacation plans.

Plans can be changed. One of the positive things of Covid is that the travel / vacation industry is a lot more forgiving for changing plans.

Not really from what I am seeing. ALL of the plans I have made can be changed.

Several Airlines are no longer charging change fees. (As long as you don't book the most basic fair. eg Delta and Alaska.)

My parents planned a trip out here for June from FL. They paid extra for changeable, but not refundable airfare and hotel rooms, and on top of that, bought trip insurance. So, basically, you have to be willing to pay more now for the option to change plans.

I'm gonna go with masks optional in all settings/situations, with a recommendation to continue wearing them. By June 15, all CMs who want to be vaccinated will have had the opportunity. I think the outdoor mask wearing will be lifted prior to June 15, personally, like it has been at WDW. I give that one 2 more weeks.
I disagree. What was said today is the state will align with the CDC guidelines which is no masks indoors for vaccinated people. There will be a whole crop of unvaccinated, so the easiest thing to do will be to require masks indoors like WDW is doing right now. I think masks will be optional outside, but not indoors. I don't see him advancing beyond the CDC guidelines.

I disagree. What was said today is the state will align with the CDC guidelines which is no masks indoors for vaccinated people. There will be a whole crop of unvaccinated, so the easiest thing to do will be to require masks indoors like WDW is doing right now. I think masks will be optional outside, but not indoors. I don't see him advancing beyond the CDC guidelines.

By June 15, the CDC is going to say that no one needs to mask anymore, anywhere, if the case numbers continue the downward slide. Fauci said awhile back that if we get down to about 10k daily cases, we can stop literally all mitigation strategies altogether. We are rapidly approaching that metric.

By June 15, the CDC is going to say that no one needs to mask anymore, anywhere, if the case numbers continue the downward slide. Fauci said awhile back that if we get down to about 10k daily cases, we can stop literally all mitigation strategies altogether. We are rapidly approaching that metric.
Agree. Case numbers reported in the NYT today showed around 16,600 new cases yesterday, which is the lowest number since March 2020....

I love the optimism in this thread, I hope everything goes the way everyone is saying. The Californian in me is always wary that California will California itself.

“Everyone in your party can be unmasked indoors and outdoors provided at least one member can do an unassisted handstand for 20 seconds” -Newsome on June 15th.

I love the optimism in this thread, I hope everything goes the way everyone is saying. The Californian in me is always wary that California will California itself.

“Everyone in your party can be unmasked indoors and outdoors provided at least one member can do an unassisted handstand for 20 seconds” -Newsome on June 15th.

LOL!

"Masks may be removed after every member of your party has taken a rapid test, an antibody screening, and scheduled a colonoscopy."
-Newsom, probably

Fingers crossed! All the families with gymnasts would be set. 😆

In reality, I've been following this thread closely. Hopefully all the good stuff happens soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter