Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Disneyland park and the hotel reopenings are delayed. New date to be announced sometime after July 4.

This is not surprising given how everyone in California is freaking out over case numbers.

I’m selfishly fine with this. We are not ready to go back and the delayed opening just means we get a longer extension on our APs and hopefully it will be safer to go later in the fall.

It’s a strange strange summer without Disneyland.

DL not reopening 7/17

ETA: I’m in my car, hah...reported on CBS News (AM 740) citing The Los Angeles Times

Since this is the speculation thread I'll ask. Does anyone think there's a chance if the opening is delayed until the end of summer they'll let those of us with reservations move our dates to next summer? Part of me says no way because they'll want the full room price. Part of me says yes because they currently have my money and don't want to have to give it back.

I JUST WANT MY DISNEYLAND BACK :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Ok my 1st world tantrum is done for the day lol I understand, but still sad :sad2:

It’s really bumming me out right now to be honest. When plans were announced for Disneyland‘s reopening to me it felt like things were starting to return to normal. That there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Then we had the protests which added another layer of unrest to this Covid season (which I think contributed to rising positive tests). I just don’t like all this uncertainty. Then receiving signs of hope and taking it away. Just not good times right now. I know there are a lot more important things to worry about than a theme park but still sometimes it’s hard to stay positive.

Since this is the speculation thread I'll ask. Does anyone think there's a chance if the opening is delayed until the end of summer they'll let those of us with reservations move our dates to next summer? Part of me says no way because they'll want the full room price. Part of me says yes because they currently have my money and don't want to have to give it back.
Maybe! I asked DH if we should cancel our PPH reservation and he said no. He wants to let DL cancel it in case there is some sort of guest recovery benefit offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter