Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

So we are in the tri-state area and flying to CA on 11/5. As long as CA doesn’t hop back on our quarantine list, it sounds like CA won’t restrict us from coming in. I’m giving up on our DLR trip 11/5-11/7, but actually coming to CA looks good, right? So scared to jinx it!

My total speculation:

Small parks - limited to the 120 mile thing (May classify based on square footage and/or number of people)
Large parks - have to institute some type of contact tracing. In Shanghai they had to scan a QR code when entering so it could be tracked; that was in addition to the park reservation (but also was more of a general China initiative). Maybe you have to scan ticket/pass whenever entering a queue (if they did mostly virtual queues then that would be easier to track).

Our situation got very dire over the weekend. We are almost out of GCH shampoo, conditioner, & body wash. You can only ration for so long!
I am on my last tube of GCH conditioner, and ran out of the body lotion already. I might end up having to *gasp* buy H2O products! Between DCL cruises and VGC reservations I haven't had to ever ....
Since this is a speculation thread anyone want to take a guess on the guidelines?
Here's mine - Small parks (I'm thinking Scandia) can open in orange and at 25% capacity. Larger parks (Disney, Universal) can open in yellow at 25% capacity
I'm down the street from a Scandia. It is open; my county is currently in Red (I think it is only parts of it that is open, mini-golf/bumper boats probably not the arcade). I don't know if Scandia is considred a theme park though.
So we are in the tri-state area and flying to CA on 11/5. As long as CA doesn’t hop back on our quarantine list, it sounds like CA won’t restrict us from coming in. I’m giving up on our DLR trip 11/5-11/7, but actually coming to CA looks good, right? So scared to jinx it!
California shouldn't end up on your quarantine list, our numbers are pretty great compared to the rest of the country from what I've been seeing!

Well Halloween isn’t going to do anything nice to anyone’s Covid numbers. As long as you have a plan/know the rules for what happens in case CA hits the list while you are here then you’re good.

OK. Here is my two cents worth. I'm thinking that Disney can reopen at 25%. BUT, maybe they have to stay at 25% until a vaccine is more available. Possibly no park hopping.(which to me is kind of funny since they are so close anyway.) AND, possibly some sort of contact tracing. I'm still in the camp that they can open pretty soon.

I don’t think it will be tied to a color. What happens if they go back red? Are they supposed to close down operations again? It’s not like they can open and close like a mom and pop shop.

I think it will be tied to strictly enforcing current policy and robust contact tracing, which, frankly I’m fine with. If you are not okay with the mouse going big brother on you then don’t go, if you are, welcome back.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Freshbaked put out a video.... he doesn't feel super optimistic... he even thinks Yellow will be the required tier.....

I agree with everything he’s speculating here. Nothing in Newsom’s talks today gave me hope- more like made my stomach drop the longer he talked. I really hope we’ll be surprised but I wouldn’t get my hopes up at this point. But like he said at the end of the video... things change quickly these days so whatever happens may not be set in stone.

What I find interesting about this is the silence before the storm...
The last time the guidelines were coming we first heard leaks from reporters/news channels.
Then official word from the governors office that they would be released by the end of the week.
Then the theme parks requesting that the guidelines don't get released and they can work together more.
And finally the Governors office saying they wouldn't release them.

So far no leaks and no push back from the theme parks. (Unless I'm missing some action on twitter)
If we want to be positive we can view this as a good sign that the Theme parks are feeling much better about what is going to be announced. Or if we are feeling negative the parks are still in the dark and it really hasn't been as collaborative as they had hoped, or maybe they have decided enough changes have been made to the guidelines that they need to go with them even if they don't agree with everything perfectly.

I'm hoping for the best, but after 7 months I'm not getting my hopes up too much... After moving my trips 5 times I just can't do that to myself hahaha.

“…If I had a 7-day slide, you’d actually see a slight increase in ICU admissions, so still a decrease over a 14-day period, but boy, what more of a reminder do you need than seeing these numbers begin to plateau. And not only plateau but you can see just from that low that we experienced, we are seeing a number of new patients… [discussions about third/second wave] This is what all the epidemiologists and scientists, anyone that followed any of our history or data from 1918, 1919 Spanish flu pandemic, this is what we anticipate moving into the colder season, moving into the season where more of us are moving inside, into a season when more of us begin to mix and come back, extended family members for the holidays. This is an area of obvious and real concern and that’s why we are being very sober and forgive me, stubborn, about some industries in the state that I know are eager to get guidelines. Tomorrow, Dr. Ghaly will update you on some of those industries and guidelines, including sports and, um, some of these theme parks [frowns]. We’re going to break up the theme parks, not just 1-2 brands, its many different parts that are part of a theme park industry. But Dr. Ghaly will be updating you tomorrow on those guidelines. Again, I hope one recognizes our stubbornness on a health-first data-driven, decision making process is done with our eyes wide open on whats happening now around the world, not just whats happening across the United States, not yet here in the State of California, but that’s only because we are being vigilant and have to maintain that vigilance to avoid any further increase in transmission.”

Closing

“Tomorrow lets look forward to Dr Ghaly’s presentation and update on tiered status and some new guidelines that will be put out on issues related to theme parks and hopefully as early as late this week, early next week, on team sports and other guidelines”

And in the Q&A, he stated there are no plans to require quarantine for travelers from other states.

This is not good. I predict tomorrow is bad news for Disney and Disney fans. I hope I am wrong and will GLADLY be wrong.

Freshbaked put out a video.... he doesn't feel super optimistic... he even thinks Yellow will be the required tier.....

I saw this video too. I think David was pretty spot-on with his predictions. I would love to be wrong but Newsom did not make things sound optimistic. I do believe that things will turn around at some point. I don't know how, or when, but I think it will come to a point where the "middle ground" to open will present itself.

Blog Mickey says the unions are pushing for Orange. IMHO Orange it will be.

Not that it helps DLR. OC can’t even hit orange right now. I don’t think they have a prayer between Halloween-Thanksgiving-Xmas... so DLR open Mar is my latest opinion(if orange is required).

Let's admit that YouTubers are not a reliable source here, OK?

It's definitely going to be Orange tier at the very best, because that's what both the unions and Orange County have endorsed.

And yes, it should be taken as a good sign that CAPA specifically declined to comment to reporters on the new guidelines. They must have seen them already, and last time, they came out and criticized the proposed guidelines. If they felt similar about this set of guidelines, stands to reason they'd be doing the same thing.

I'm choosing to be hopeful for what's coming tomorrow.

If it's bad news, I may finally just say eff it and do a day trip down to DTD.

If it's good news, yay! I've got several placeholder hotel bookings in place that I've been regularly rebooking as I find better rates.

Blog Mickey says the unions are pushing for Orange. IMHO Orange it will be.

Not that it helps DLR. OC can’t even hit orange right now. I don’t think they have a prayer between Halloween-Thanksgiving-Xmas... so DLR open Mar is my latest opinion(if orange is required).

Do you think the small motels surrounding Anaheim can make it to Spring if orange is required?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter